Official USC OSU game thread

Alkebulan7

Aug 24, 2017
Turn out the lights the party is over, they say that all good things must come to an end...lol!

TroyBill

Aug 24, 2017
This was magnificent. When the chips were down we came through. We are now +14 turnovers. I was pleased with our D for the most part. We are project under construction and will get better. What was cool was we had a few penalties but nothing like last year. We are a much more discipline team. So proud of them. Caleb had a bad night but came through when it mattered.

Reactions: TrojanTenor1

tjfan001

Aug 24, 2017
Sometimes it just happened that high power offense went cold for a game. Hopefully we learn from this tough game and get better down the road.

Utah game in 2 weeks will be another extremely tough test!! :sick:

dp4life

Aug 26, 2017
Great win. Just glad Jonathan Smith didn't jet sweep us to death all night - surprised they didn't test our edges more with their speed.
Always a tough place to win.

Reactions: Fyton82

contracostatrojan

Aug 24, 2017
Good teams go into a hostile environment and find a way to win. Scary game but a good springboard for the rest of the season, I think.

Who's High Pitch?

Sep 13, 2017
Great win. Just glad Jonathan Smith didn't jet sweep us to death all night - surprised they didn't test our edges more with their speed.
Always a tough place to win.
BY the same token, why didn't we keep running Dye? He was gashing them while they were dropping back to defend the pass.

BlackLeftLeft

Aug 21, 2019
Lincoln's playcalling was wack and he didn't respond well to what their D was presenting or his QB having an off game. Kind of reminded me of OU vs Baylor last year. Lincoln isn't all that great when he faces someone who doesn't fall for his sht and has some answers.

He should have ran Caleb more to counter their pass rush. They don't finish well, as evidenced by their 3 sacks (2 by DBs) coming in. If you let them pressure and then run on them they leave tons of running room for you to exploit . 2 QBs have run for over 100 on them. You saw how Caleb was scrambling for 10 a pop a few times.

tjfan001

Aug 24, 2017
Lincoln's playcalling was wack and he didn't respond well to what their D was presenting or his QB having an off game. Kind of reminded me of OU vs Baylor last year. Lincoln isn't all that great when he faces someone who doesn't fall for his sht and has some answers.

He should have ran Caleb more to counter their pass rush. They don't finish well, as evidenced by their 3 sacks (2 by DBs) coming in. If you let them pressure and then run on them they leave tons of running room for you to exploit . 2 QBs have run for over 100 on them. You saw how Caleb was scrambling for 10 a pop a few times.
Agree, Caleb can run but we didn't use that much tonight. Also we should run more outside instead of always to the middle.

dp4life

Aug 26, 2017
BY the same token, why didn't we keep running Dye? He was gashing them while they were dropping back to defend the pass.
Totally agree. The power run game was there for SC all night. That, and Caleb keeping the ball on the zone read much more. His first down marker awareness when he scrambles needs some work also. But, a Helton team would have lost 2-3 QBs tonight due to injury. That OSU defense came to play - and their secondary is very good. Williams' athleticism was certainly the difference down the stretch. But, I certainly think Riley (and maybe Williams - as it looked like he was calling a fair amount of audibles) tried to be too balanced tonight.Ram the power run game down their throat until they prove they can stop it.

Reactions: 808Trojans

TrojanMoondoggie

Aug 24, 2017
Games like this are important. Puts the hype in perspective for these boys, and even the coaches. Oft times near misses build character and provide a bit of a wake up call, per se.
As to the broadcasting team, who cares? We know what side of the bread they’ve put their butter on for a long time. Nothing surprising here.

contracostatrojan

Aug 24, 2017
Games like this are important. Puts the hype in perspective for these boys, and even the coaches. Oft times near misses build character and provide a bit of a wake up call, per se.
As to the broadcasting team, who cares? We know what side of the bread they’ve put their butter on for a long time. Nothing surprising here.
Couldn't agree more. Unlike the Helton era this team knows how to finish.

Reactions: TrojanMoondoggie

TroyBill

Aug 24, 2017
Yep. Color me totally impressed. 4 picks! And +14 take aways after 4 games. When was the last time this happened? Our D although suspect, played pretty darn good. I cannot wait for next week. I will be at the coli for another 7:30 PAC 12 genius schedule. 😎

Reactions: TrojanMoondoggie

SoCalN8tiv

Aug 24, 2017
I did not see anyone else start this so I guess I will. Let's go and beat the Beavers.......
Shout out to the Colonel for starting this game thread! I can see there were a few hyperventilation episodes, maybe a cardiac infarction or two, some fans were on the brink of burst aneurysms, and most likley a gooey pizza slice slipping down a TV screen with a beer can chaser. All in all it was fun and no one watching died...I hope. That's always a good thing 😁 Now make that Monday appointment with your manicurist :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: TroyBill

metrobank

Aug 24, 2017
Caleb is terrible tonight. He is trying to dink it and is inaccurate.
He was throwing his passes as receiver feet. Worst performance probably of his life but made clutch plays at the end. I wish Ford would get playing time over Rice. Lake McRee is a very unathletic tight end usually in the wrong position on most plays.

Reactions: TroyBill