Oline performance

billsb1970

Aug 24, 2017
Okay. Sore subject for most but I watched the replay of Saturday’s game again. Upperclassmen Neilon and McKenzie did not play very well. And Neilon got manhandled against Stanford.

• Wow
Reactions: Rodgarnay51

TrojanFireHorse12

Aug 24, 2017
Justin may need to start over Neilon but Jalen was put in because the red-shirt freshman was struggling as well. So kind of have to pick your poison at that position. If Casey Collier was practicing during pre-season, he'd be that third option. But he wasn't and had some home related personal issue to deal with. Now that he's been back we could see him this season if he's done with re-conditioning.

Jay4usc

Jan 10, 2018
An OL is only as strong as its weakest link. Neilon whiffed on so many blocks, its ridiculous. He needs to be replaced. Monheim's technique is a mess. He has become a liability. Jason Rodriguez needs to get some playing time.
Rodriguez didn’t make the 2 deep and probably needs more time. Moheim got bench the 2nd half. Maybe because of a missed block that resulted into a Slovis injury.

Last edited:
Reactions: TrojanFireHorse12

Rodgarnay51

Aug 24, 2017
Okay. Sore subject for most but I watched the replay of Saturday’s game again. Upperclassmen Neilon and McKenzie did not play very well. And Neilon got manhandled against Stanford.
Neilon getting manhandled is a recurring theme. So is McKenzie not playing well.

Reactions: Cherokee55

zitorocks

Aug 24, 2017
The clap-snap method doesn't help our OL. I get that it tells the center to snap the ball, but guess what, it also tells the DL exactly when to rush. Our OL are repeatedly put into a situation where there is no possibility for them to get into the proper position to handle power rushers. Those guys are much faster...maybe not stronger, but speed can get the OL off balance. I think we need to go to a variation of the clap-snaps to throw off the rushers and would probably also get several offsides calls. Bring that crap out on key downs to get an easy five yards.

nvargas

Aug 24, 2017
The clap-snap method doesn't help our OL. I get that it tells the center to snap the ball, but guess what, it also tells the DL exactly when to rush. Our OL are repeatedly put into a situation where there is no possibility for them to get into the proper position to handle power rushers. Those guys are much faster...maybe not stronger, but speed can get the OL off balance. I think we need to go to a variation of the clap-snaps to throw off the rushers and would probably also get several offsides calls. Bring that crap out on key downs to get an easy five yards.
I wish that were all it was. I see plenty of other teams use this same system and their OL doesn't get manhandled the same way as ours does. That play that injured Slovis was a straight up bull-rush that overpowered McKenzie I think it was. No excuse for that...that's what they practice all day every day. That was embarrassing.

ErikMcKinney

WeAreSC Staff
Staff member
Apr 17, 2018
Putting together a breakdown of all the RB run plays from Washington State for later today.

Latest posts