On this day, I am most thankful for

Nitt1300

Oct 12, 2021

Fortheglory612

Nov 2, 2021
My kids, family, the fact that I’m not
In charge of cooking the turkey this year, getting to see lots of extended family today, and having a place where I can read about psu football even though my only helpful contributions on here seem to be in the recipe threads 😂 I hope you all have a happy thanksgiving and safe travels to everyone traveling.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
My kids, family, the fact that I’m not
In charge of cooking the turkey this year, getting to see lots of extended family today, and having a place where I can read about psu football even though my only helpful contributions on here seem to be in the recipe threads 😂 I hope you all have a happy thanksgiving and safe travels to everyone traveling.

I never pigeonhole posters as contributing one type of information. There certainly are some that are exceptionally good at one type of post, but even they find opportunities to contribute in other ways. The board is always evolving, and I'm sure you'll have many things of value to contribute in addition to recipes. Enjoy your family and your holiday.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
I am thankful that the most wonderful woman on earth temporarily lost her mind and agreed to be my wife nearly 50 years ago. Happy Thanksgiving to all, and may God Bless us, every one.

Mrs. Gambit was a pretty tough competitor in PIck'Em, but I suspect she was even more astute in picking out a mate. You may have gotten the better half of the deal, but I suspect both of you are quite pleased with the decision you jointly made many, many years ago.

Enjoy your holiday with your family, @fairgambit.

fairgambit

Oct 12, 2021
Mrs. Gambit was a pretty tough competitor in PIck'Em, but I suspect she was even more astute in picking out a mate. You may have gotten the better half of the deal, but I suspect both of you are quite pleased with the decision you jointly made many, many years ago.

Enjoy your holiday with your family, @fairgambit.
Thanks Tom. All the best to you and your family.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
I am thankful that the most wonderful woman on earth temporarily lost her mind and agreed to be my wife nearly 50 years ago. Happy Thanksgiving to all, and may God Bless us, every one.

I'm sure Mrs Fairgambit and you have a favorite song. That said, I'm moving the weekend jukebox over to this thread for one post. Here's the late, great Robert Knight singing a song dedicated to the two of you.

Reactions: fairgambit

fairgambit

Oct 12, 2021
I'm sure Mrs Fairgambit and you have a favorite song. That said, I'm moving the weekend jukebox over to this thread for one post. Here's the late, great Robert Knight singing a song dedicated to the two of you.

Thanks for the dedication Tom. I shared it with my wife and she was touched by it. She noted that in our nearly 50 years of marriage, other than our wedding, no one has ever dedicated a song to us. Perhaps that's because we have always celebrated our anniversaries privately, even major ones like 25 or 40. A quiet dinner out, or more likely, a private one at home, is our preference.
We talked about our favorite song and, unlike many couples, we don't have a single favorite. We can list a dozen or more, all favorites, that take us back to special times in our life together. We both agree though, that our 1st favorite was one that was popular when we began dating in high school. It was "Groovy Kind Of Love" by Wayne Fontana and the Mindbenders. If the title and group don't date us nothing will. :). I won't link the song but just quote this part... "When I'm in your arms, nothing seems to matter, if the world would shatter, I don't care. Wouldn't you agree, baby you and me, got a groovy kind of love.". Ah...that's real music. ;).
Again, thanks for the dedication Tom. It gave us a chance to reminisce a bit. All the best.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom McAndrew

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Thanks for the dedication Tom. I shared it with my wife and she was touched by it. She noted that in our nearly 50 years of marriage, other than our wedding, no one has ever dedicated a song to us. Perhaps that's because we have always celebrated our anniversaries privately, even major ones like 25 or 40. A quiet dinner out, or more likely, a private one at home, is our preference.
We talked about our favorite song and, unlike many couples, we don't have a single favorite. We can list a dozen or more, all favorites, that take us back to special times in our life together. We both agree though, that our 1st favorite was one that was popular when we began dating in high school. It was "Groovy Kind Of Love" by Wayne Fontana and the Mindbenders. If the title and group don't date us nothing will. :). I won't link the song but just quote this part... "When I'm in your arms, nothing seems to matter, if the world would shatter, I don't care. Wouldn't you agree, baby you and me, got a groovy kind of love.". Ah...that's real music. ;).
Again, thanks for the dedication Tom. It gave us a chance to reminisce a bit. All the best.

@fairgambit -- Mrs. Fair and you are certainly deserving of a song being dedicated to you.

And in honor of the two of you, I give you Wayne Fontana and the Mindbenders.

fairgambit

Oct 12, 2021
@fairgambit -- Mrs. Fair and you are certainly deserving of a song being dedicated to you.

And in honor of the two of you, I give you Wayne Fontana and the Mindbenders.

Thanks again Tom. Your version sounds a whole lot better than the old 45 which I still have. I played yours and asked my wife to dance. Really. Sadly I dance about as well as I did in the 60's which is to say "badly". Still, it brought back a lot of memories and for that we are grateful. :)