Oregon State sign?

CurtC

Aug 24, 2017
Didn't see a sign, but sure heard a lot of crude and vulgar comments coming from the fans as the team was walking off the field at the end of the game.

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
I saw one sign that said, Can’t spell Coc__ucker without USC and then as they were walking off the field one of them yelled at Malcolm Epps “ hey 19, I fuc__ed your mother. Epps just yelled back, Fight On

I think we need to differentiate between students and fans.

I watched a group of USC Frat Boys with the letter F-R-E-E-O-J on their respective chests, behaving like absolute idiots about 15 years ago. We aren’t exempt.

They’re children. Their brains aren’t even fully formed yet, and it’s probably a small minority, and most of them only act that way in a group with like minded idiots. Not giving them a pass, but I think the general consensus is that for the most part, Beav fans are some of the best in the conference.

Last edited:

heyrev

Aug 24, 2017
I saw one sign that said, Can’t spell Coc__ucker without USC and then as they were walking off the field one of them yelled at Malcolm Epps “ hey 19, I fuc__ed your mother. Epps just yelled back, Fight On

I watched a group of USC Frat Boys with the letter F-R-E-E-O-J on their respective chests, behaving like absolute idiots about 15 years ago. We aren’t exempt.

They’re children. Their brains aren’t even fully formed yet, and it’s probably a small minority, and most of them only act that way in a group with like minded idiots. Not giving them a pass, but I think the general consensus is that for the most part, Beav fans are some of the best in the conference.
I think your post is right for the most part, but I can't agree that college students are "children." In fact, treating any 18-22 year old as such does them no favor. They enjoy adult privileges mostly--let's hold them to adult responsibilities, too.

sc/pacx

Nov 18, 2018

Would the same punk say it to Epps face....highly doubtful

SoCalN8tiv

Aug 24, 2017
No worries, if democrats win in November I'm sure the firing squads they'll deploy will take care of these matters.

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
I think your post is right for the most part, but I can't agree that college students are "children." In fact, treating any 18-22 year old as such does them no favor. They enjoy adult privileges mostly--let's hold them to adult responsibilities, too.
I won't quibble whether to call them children or not although my oldest child was 17 when she started college.

That said, blem's other comment is true, their brains aren't fully formed yet. The part of the brain that can accurately predict consequences doesn't fully form until the age of 25. Which is exactly why cancel culture for things people said/did in high school, etc is just stupid.

Would the same punk say it to Epps face....highly doubtful
Probably not....just like USC fans/students wouldn't say some of the ish they say to opposing players' faces either. Heck, when USC fans were chanting "f___ the Mormons" last year, would they have said it to Slovis' face?

Moon4Cimoli

Aug 31, 2021
That said, blem's other comment is true, their brains aren't fully formed yet. The part of the brain that can accurately predict consequences doesn't fully form until the age of 25. Which is exactly why cancel culture for things people said/did in high school, etc is just stupid.
The average age of a RAF pilot in WW2 was 20. The average age of those killed was 22. The average age of a B24 bomber pilot, (bombing runs were usually 6-9 hours long) was 22. The average age of a Huey copter crew in Vietnam was 20.

I am not giving 20 year olds a pass using biology as an excuse. But if we did give them a pass, why would we allow them to vote?

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017
I won't quibble whether to call them children or not although my oldest child was 17 when she started college.

Probably not....just like USC fans/students wouldn't say some of the ish they say to opposing players' faces either. Heck, when USC fans were chanting "f___ the Mormons" last year, would they have said it to Slovis' face?

IMO, it’s much less a matter of incomplete brain development and much more a predictable function of tribal mob mentality.

There are few human behaviors more frightening and dangerous than when mob mentality sets in. Otherwise thoughtful and considerate individuals collectively become a raging storm of wild discontent and destruction.

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
The average age of a RAF pilot in WW2 was 20. The average age of those killed was 22. The average age of a B24 bomber pilot, (bombing runs were usually 6-9 hours long) was 22. The average age of a Huey copter crew in Vietnam was 20.

I am not giving 20 year olds a pass using biology as an excuse. But if we did give them a pass, why would we allow them to vote?
Not giving them a pass. Just stating biological facts. Today's "young" are far less emotionally mature than prior generations. 2 years of covid lockdown hasn't helped.

And if given the option, I'd vote to raise the voting age, not lower it.
IMO, it’s much less a matter of incomplete brain development and much more a predictable function of tribal mob mentality.

There are few human behaviors more frightening and dangerous than when mob mentality sets in. Otherwise thoughtful and considerate individuals collectively become a raging storm of wild discontent and destruction.
Agree with that. Although it does make me wonder wth is wrong with people at sporting events these days? So many fights, even women, and it doesn't appear to be mob related.

CP619

Aug 24, 2017
Didn't see the sign.

The OSU fans and staff were very nice. There were some kids, possibly students, chanting "F Caleb Williams" to no one in particular while we were tailgating, whoopty doo.

The only time I could sense some **** talking to our face was as we were walking in...one OSU fan, who appeared extremely intoxicated, started in on "Are you guys Oklahoma"? We just kept it moving.

Fun night all around. Beat the Devils.

Reactions: AtownSC

SoCalN8tiv

Aug 24, 2017
OSU fan, who appeared extremely intoxicated, started in on "Are you guys Oklahoma"?
HAHAHA! That's actually funny. He's probably referring to the Oklahoma influx of players and coaches. Obviously, USC will not be unique regarding roster overhauls.

Reactions: CP619

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017
Not giving them a pass. Just stating biological facts. Today's "young" are far less emotionally mature than prior generations. 2 years of covid lockdown hasn't helped.

And if given the option, I'd vote to raise the voting age, not lower it.

Agree with that. Although it does make me wonder wth is wrong with people at sporting events these days? So many fights, even women, and it doesn't appear to be mob related.

A mob of 1. 😂

You and I will agree that there are plenty of contributing factors to all the social problems we have today, but at the higher end is the glorification of violence in our various forms of entertainment coupled with a generally lawless approach to personal behavior.

Laws that we deem to be personally inconvenient are therefore only intended to be honored by the rest of society. Many seem willing to give themselves a pass on the simplest, most common-sense and self-preserving laws … like not running a stop sign. In what universe is that particular misguided expression of “individual liberty” a good idea for advancing individual survival?

You can’t fix stoopid.

Reactions: rm3671

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
I wasn’t giving them a pass as much as just explaining why they act that way. 18 years old, probably, possibly , more than likely been doing Jell-O shots all day, and you get a few idiots. Adults too. Have you watched all the fights at NFL game videos.

And I’m willing to bet my life that we have students who act the same way.
I’ve had it at every away game no matter which school. After we had just put 50 on Arkansas some kid came up to Mahatma and I and said “ You know how I can tell you’re from USC?

Uhm, our Hats and T Shirts?

No, because you’re gay.

I turned to Mahatma and said, I told you this wasn’t the right place to hold hands. Then he turned to the kid and said just think how much we would have beaten you by if we weren’t gay.

Same ***** happened a few times in Nebraska too. No school is immune to it, with the possible exception of the Service Academies.

• Haha
Reactions: AtownSC

DaFireMedic

Aug 24, 2017
I know Dart is Mormon and I was not happy when I heard that USC fans made this chant. Is Slovis Mormon too?

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017

Or Dart’s, or Tuli or Pola Mao. 20% of our team is probably LDS

Reactions: uscvball

Moon4Cimoli

Aug 31, 2021
I just played golf with a 42 yo who is fairly high up in SCE. He vaped pot the entire 18 holes, one inhale each hole.

heyrev

Aug 24, 2017

This is such a good post. It just shows what 18-22 yr olds are really capable of when the realities of life is put to the test. The focus wasn't on why they're different, it was on what they could accomplish if held to more adult standards. I understand all the reasons why "kids" do stupid **** but it shouldn't change the consequences nor the accountability for behavior they control, brain issues or not. Expectations are everything.

Moon4Cimoli

Aug 31, 2021
This is such a good post. It just shows what 18-22 yr olds are really capable of when the realities of life is put to the test. The focus wasn't on why they're different, it was on what they could accomplish if held to more adult standards. I understand all the reasons why "kids" do stupid **** but it shouldn't change the consequences nor the accountability for behavior they control, brain issues or not. Expectations are everything.
1664552848216.jpeg

He looks 18. I think I will get that book. Can you imagine how many quick and complex decisions a helicopter crew had to make in Vietnam? It sure wasn’t cookbook stuff.

Last edited:

TroyBill

Aug 24, 2017
I think back on how many stupid things back then. How I am still here continues to amaze me. This is not a behavior I remember when I was that age. I never thought of making statements like that. When I played ball we never did celebration like the do today. My coaches would have killed me. Loquacious behavior like described above would have greater consequences and would be immediate. Times have changed.

Reactions: TrojanMoondoggie

CoronaTrojanFan

Aug 24, 2017

My wife and I saw that one fellow carrying the sign you mention above before we entered the stadium - the sign-carrier seemed to be the only one shouting the statement on the sign and most observers (including the Beaver fans) seemed to be ignoring him. We found most of the Beaver fans during the game to be vocal supporters of their team but aside from a few of them around us making a few offhand comments about USC being overrated when OSU took the lead there were none that were confrontational.

And certainly didn't hear much from the Beaver fans right after the final interception ............

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
OSU actually issued an apology for the sign.
Good for them. I wish Epps had gone into the stands and asked the guy to say it again, but alas, he has way more class than I do.

Or, if he had a sense of humor he should have said Dad? Is that you?

Merlin4SC

Jun 23, 2021

Anyone have any idea what OSU is talking about here?
It was a sign we have seen from them before about felatio, but they are supposed to be woke now so they are all over an apology without holding anyone accountable. Statement was that "OSU will do better." LoL they are not capable. They are terminally ill scumbags. What a joke.

Calibama

Sep 6, 2021

There is a difference between childhood and immaturity. Parents have allowed, and often enabled immature behaviors. It would be ok if we turned such acceptance around and focused on mutual respect and personal responsibility.

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
There is a difference between childhood and immaturity. Parents have allowed, and often enabled immature behaviors. It would be ok if we turned such acceptance around and focused on mutual respect and personal responsibility.
100% agree.

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
It was a sign we have seen from them before about felatio, but they are supposed to be woke now so they are all over an apology without holding anyone accountable. Statement was that "OSU will do better." LoL they are not capable. They are terminally ill scumbags. What a joke.
I have to admit, I’ve never been to a game there, but I’ve mostly always heard that their fans are way better than Oregon’s.