Penn State eligibility/recruiting spreadsheet (Courtesy of dicemen99)

backdrft76

Oct 11, 2021
Is this thread gonna be for all recruits, or just PSU related?? I see another thread below for Non-PSU wrestlers. I kinda think having the 2 separated is a good idea. Just my opinion...

Also, @dicemen99 when you update the spreadsheet here, do the changes automatically carryover to the spreadsheet still located on TOS?

Last edited:

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Is this thread gonna be for all recruits, or just PSU related?? I see another thread below for Non-PSU wrestlers. I kinda think having the 2 separated is a good idea. Just my opinion...

I concur. I would propose that we segregate things into 3 threads:

- this thread for @dicemen99's spreadsheet, and only posts about in response when any part of it needs to be updated
- a PSU recruiting thread
- a non-PSU recruiting thread

the above #2 and #3 could have some overlap when a prospects is being recruited by PSU and other schools, and picks another school (why would you do that? ;)). #1 and either #2 or #3 could overlap a bit if somebody on @dicemen99's spreadsheet commits to PSU or commits elsewhere. However, dice is usually pretty good about updating that.

Also, @dicemen99 when you update the spreadsheet here, do the changes automatically carryover to the spreadsheet still located on TOS?

It's a Google Doc. It resides in one location, but links to it can be all over the place. Whenever @dicemen99 updates it, that is how it appears to anyone that clicks on a link to it.

backdrft76

Oct 11, 2021

- this thread for @dicemen99's spreadsheet, and only posts about in response when any part of it needs to be updated

the above #2 and #3 could have some overlap when a prospects is being recruited by PSU and other schools, and picks another school (why would you do that? ;)). #1 and either #2 or #3 could overlap a bit if somebody on @dicemen99's spreadsheet commits to PSU or commits elsewhere. However, dice is usually pretty good about updating that.

It's a Google Doc. It resides in one location, but links to it can be all over the place. Whenever @dicemen99 updates it, that is how it appears to anyone that clicks on a link to it.
I concur. I think the idea of 3 separate threads makes good sense. Not sure if stickying all 3 is needed or not. Perhaps @WEAREPSU_LI and @Str8dblz can modify their thread titles and descriptions accordingly. Some clean up and moving a few posts around to their respective threads might be warranted at this point to get the ball rolling here in the right direction.

Reactions: Str8dblz

El_Jefe

Oct 11, 2021
Willie's 2025 rankings (several of these guys are in Dice's spreadsheet):

El_Jefe

Oct 11, 2021
A couple updates:
2023: Shapiro to Cornell, Colbert to Army

2024: I'd project Lawrence to 197 -- his HS coach said he'd likely bump to 195 for 2023.

2025: I'd project Correa to 197, since he wrestled 182 as a FR.

My Master

Nov 23, 2021

• Haha
Reactions: Tom McAndrew

razpsu

Oct 19, 2021
I see that Barr is listed at 185. He came into the restaurant in north Myrtle last year when he had committed. We had a nice conversation. How is he looking so far in his freshmen year?

El_Jefe

Oct 11, 2021
I see that Barr is listed at 185. He came into the restaurant in north Myrtle last year when he had committed. We had a nice conversation. How is he looking so far in his freshmen year?
Very good, but against generally weak competition. He's 14-0 vs D1 opponents.

His best win by far is 2-1 over Binghamton's Jacob Nolan. Nolan is ranked 11th by Intermat. He is a 3x NQ but has yet to reach the blood round.

His next best win, and his only duals appearance, was 13-4 MD over Indiana's Roman Rogotzke, a RS SO ranked 23rd who has yet to qualify for nationals.

He's shown that he'll be a good starter next year at 184. He'll be a podium contender, but it's not yet a given that he'll make it -- it'll be a very tough weight with nearly all of the top wrestlers returning. Truax and Feldkamp are the only top 10 seniors, and freshmen Berge and Whiting are both top 15.

Latest posts