Pete Arbogast Luncheon, Oct 7, in San Diego

Fourthseed

Aug 24, 2017
We're not the Trojan Club of San Diego anymore, but we are Trojans in San Diego! And, Arbo has graciously accepted our invitation to speak and bring us up-to-date on the State of Troy. 11:30 to 1:30, October 7, at the Coronado Golf Course in, you guessed it, Coronado! Buffet luncheon is $40 and a "serious" reservation can be made via Venmo at @Dan-orr-11

Hope to see many of you! Fight On! Beat the Beavs!

TrojanHorse

Aug 24, 2017
I'm excited to see this. I have been encouraging all former alumni club members to start their own thing and keep it going! Someday, the University will come to its senses and will be glad not to have lost too much momentum.

...and if not, that's ok too. No reason we should stop seeing each other and having fun just because they have some sort of a problem.

Reactions: Troy70 and SDTroy

SDTroy

Aug 24, 2017
Great job Dan !
We have had a 45 yr history here of all kinds of support. Endless fun events , 44 years of buses , 30 yrs of Luncheons and alot of $ donated to all sports teams
Until this last yr ..
We Fight On !

1usctrojan

Aug 29, 2017
Hmmmm, I remember when he said, in an interview from Cleveland right before the draft, that Rosen was a better QB than Darnold. Hard to forgive that.

God, hate to link this jackass, but easier to find. Egg on your face, Pete?

TrojanHorse

Aug 24, 2017
I remember when he said, in an interview from Cleveland right before the draft,
So he was wrong once? I'm sure there were a lot of people saying that. I'm sure many if not most thought Rosen had better mechanics or whatever...

But Darnold had about 1000% more heart than Rosen ever did...and I would expect Arbo to recognize that, so I sort of see your point. But I would have to hear the whole interview to put it in context. If that was one phrase separated from all the reasons that Darnold was actually better , well then...that would be pretty understandable.

And even if he was wrong, I can easily forgive him for that. After all, I was wrong once also... :p

Reactions: DaFireMedic

1usctrojan

Aug 29, 2017
So he was wrong once? I'm sure there were a lot of people saying that. I'm sure many if not most thought Rosen had better mechanics or whatever...

But Darnold had about 1000% more heart than Rosen ever did...and I would expect Arbo to recognize that, so I sort of see your point. But I would have to hear the whole interview to put it in context. If that was one phrase separated from all the reasons that Darnold was actually better , well then...that would be pretty understandable.

And even if he was wrong, I can easily forgive him for that. After all, I was wrong once also... :p
I heard the radio interview. Being right or wrong, he crapped on a fellow Trojan…and saying Cody - who I really love, better than Sam? He sounded dismissive and like a jerk. The Browns board ran with it…..commenting that someone close to the program even preferred Rosen to Sam. I have had zero respect for him since. Not just what he said, the way he said it.

TrojanHorse

Aug 24, 2017
Sounds like you have some other axe to grind here. Arbo has a long and storied history. I would travel to see him speak in a heartbeat.

Reactions: SDTroy