Petros discusses Clay Helton firing

559er

Aug 24, 2017
1. The pac 10 was very competitive under Pete. Telford Cal. Ore st under Riley and Erickson. WaSU was in a Rose Bowl in the early days. ASU was tough. Furd came around late. Oregon had Belotti. UA had Nick Foles throwing for 4000 yes. It wasn't a bad conference.
2. USC didn't fall apart after Chow left. They played for a NC and were in the running for more. They scored enough points to win the NC game but defense couldn't stop VY with all the injuries that racked up at LB that season. Later on, they were more a victim of BCS/NCAA politics. This was most evident by ridiculous sanctions. Alabama's standard for getting into the playoff is nowhere near as difficult as Pete's USC team.

Reactions: Pudly76

559er

Aug 24, 2017
Hilarious. Chow/Davis built that 2005 offense. All the wonder twins had to do was keep the Ferrari on the road….

Pac was not great nationally, schools had a decent year here and there, but not year in/out.

UCLA and ND had arguably their worse days in school history in that era.
...and the wonder twins did that for the most part.

Your second point. No conference has all of their schools good year in and year out.

Your third point. I was talking about the pac 9. But you can follow those schools teams if you want. I'm sure they have a board too. They were not a dumpster fire like you are implying.

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017
Rather than digress in unrelated directions, can we all PLEASE just agree to not quote two people: Wolfe and Papadakos.

Oh, and the 500 talking heads at ESPN. ;)

Reactions: 559er and Pudly76

Trojanopolis

Aug 24, 2017
I will always give him credit for breaking down the whole Reggie Bush affair, right at the beginning, in a perfectly concise and razor sharp truthful way.

” Couldn’t they have just eaten Ramen’s for another year?”

He also said something about them bringing shame on his University.
I think people forget how Trojan cardinal and gold the Papadakis family was/is. And Petros was voted a team captain when he played. Although I don't agree with all his opinions, I've always found him honest and not willing to hold back. And he's more of a Trojan than a lot of the bigmouths on this board.

old scotty

Aug 24, 2017
Petros was funny once....at the Taverna. It was not too long after the Bush Push game. He arrived late, chugged down 2 glasses of red wine, spoke to the entire group, and was absolutely hilarious. But it was just that one time.
sorry I missed it....I have never found him funny....typically obnoxious and bloviating

Reactions: Pudly76

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
I think people forget how Trojan cardinal and gold the Papadakis family was/is. And Petros was voted a team captain when he played. Although I don't agree with all his opinions, I've always found him honest and not willing to hold back. And he's more of a Trojan than a lot of the bigmouths on this board.
Laughable.

559er

Aug 24, 2017
Wonder twins is and are a cancer that hurt SC far more than they helped. THEY were the main reason Pete pushed Chow out, and saw Davis/Ed leave as well. And SC has been paying that price ever since.

I never said any conference has all their schools at the top. But to act like the PAC was some sort of power conf is revisionist history. I notice you didn’t touch on how bad UCLA/ND were, you only smart move in this discussion.

Ah yes, the go follow another program because you’re not a sunshine pumping rahrah. Such a shallow response, usually comes when folks don’t have any other valid points.
Look it's not your month. So rather than waste too many words on someone who either wasn't paying attention at the time or can't look stuff up on his own... you're a dummy. 😆 lol

Latest posts