Players name on back

schel

Sep 2, 2017
Would you want your name on your jersey if you were a great player?
give it a rest dude... you sound like a whiny kid on christmas day because he didnt get the one thing he thinks he wanted, but has so many other awesome presents.

Reactions: Pudly76

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
give it a rest dude... you sound like a whiny kid on christmas day because he didnt get the one thing he thinks he wanted, but has so many other awesome presents.
It is okay to agree to disagree. At some point you just aren’t winning any more supporters…

SonofGodzilla

Aug 30, 2017
Uh, Garrett presided over a dynasty....
And also flipped the bird to the ncaa and failed to challenge the sanctions which laid the foundation for the s---storm we're in now. And if you know your history, Gross was responsible for Pete, not MG.

Last edited:

29RBs

Sep 28, 2019
If USC wants to change the jerseys, please take off the red horsecollar on the road uniforms.

And if the Trojans ever wanted to have an alternate uniform, use the 1970's version with the strips on the arms for maybe one road game and one home game during each season.
ONLY use striped sleeve jerseys (1972 to 2002) for the annual homecoming game if they have to be used as the ONE and only alternate jersey.

Last edited:

TrojanFireHorse12

Aug 24, 2017
If USC wants to change the jerseys, please take off the red horsecollar on the road uniforms.

And if the Trojans ever wanted to have an alternate uniform, use the 1970's version with the strips on the arms for maybe one road game and one home game during each season.
Look Here Reaction GIF by Paul McCartney

I don't like how they look it's feels off to me
Screenshot (25).png
vs
Screenshot (17).png

It's best to keep it simple in my opinion...

Screenshot (19).png

Screenshot (18).png

Last edited:

EugeneTrojan

Aug 24, 2017
What about an alternate helmet of OJ holding a knife or Kato Kaelin sleeping on his couch? The possibilities are endless. Or what about Helton and Toa Lobedahn in a loving embrace? Go big or go home!

Barryg0791

Dec 4, 2021
I think it is time to have the players name on the USC jersey. Players having to share the same number is confusing. Spend the extra dollars for a players name. Think of the kid that shows up on his recruiting trip to SC and they hand him a USC jersey with his name on it, mom and dad are going to go crazy with pride. Fight On!
The name on the front of the jersey is far more important than any name on the back!

Fan Base

Aug 24, 2017
What a stupid idea.

Green grass, black cleats and white socks on up...

Georgetirebiter IV

Aug 26, 2017
NO !

As it is; ALL “sane” parents would be proud, “go crazy with pride” to have their son, entering the Coliseum, via the tunnel, wearing cardinal and gold!

Adding the last name of the player, means you don’t understand the value of the Trojan tradition.
Parents put their kids name on their jerseys. That’s how you know it’s family. And actually they double up on numbers by choice. There are maximum 85 schollie players and 20 walk-one, 105 total players (before Covid). There are always more than 5 redshirting, injured etc. if they used every number they could have no duplicates, but many guys would have to change numbers annually, and it would mean no linebackers with number like 10. It just isn’t practical. The announcers not knowing which 27 is on the punt team is a lack of preparation not duplication. We all heard the 27 wrong call and cringed.

Moon4Cimoli

Aug 31, 2021
I surmise that if I parsed every gameday thread for the past 10 years I could come up with about 1000 posts of mis identified players/numbers ( “ can #21 tackle at all? Whoever that is should be benched!”) by true fans really engaged, so can you imagine how many times casual viewers might be confused?

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
Parents put their kids name on their jerseys. That’s how you know it’s family. And actually they double up on numbers by choice. There are maximum 85 schollie players and 20 walk-one, 105 total players (before Covid). There are always more than 5 redshirting, injured etc. if they used every number they could have no duplicates, but many guys would have to change numbers annually, and it would mean no linebackers with number like 10. It just isn’t practical. The announcers not knowing which 27 is on the punt team is a lack of preparation not duplication. We all heard the 27 wrong call and cringed.
Don’t schools supply spotters like back in the old days? I guess that was before names went on Jerseys? USC should do it, IMO. Just have an SID functionary dedicated to it. Seems pretty easy to me. I mean my son helps me every game.

Son, who is Number 9 again? Uhm, that’s same Kedon Slovis as when you asked 15 minutes ago dad.

Fight On Era

Sep 28, 2021
Names on the back of jerseys, then what? Do we become Oregon with their multitude of ugly uniforms in different colors? It can become a slippery slope. Tradition matters.

Reactions: Redspade and 29RBs

xuscx

Aug 24, 2017
There is a difference between tradition and living in the past. We need a fresh restart, good time to add names. There will be a lot of new players next year.

Arthur Jury

Oct 31, 2018
Re. Players name on back.

Personally as an old time fan who likes the USC traditions, I say: No, No!!!, and Hell No !!!! to names on the backs of jerseys.

However, guys its a new day out there - especially with the "pay to play" NIL rules :-( Traditions that we knew are now dead and gone unfortunately.

So If names on the backs of jerseys are something that brings us in better professional (er ah I mean "amateur") players and we get guys because of it that make USC the best team in the NFL (sorry again I mean "Nationalcollege Football League) then I say go for it as really my college connection is gone so who cares any longer.

BraceDoctor

Aug 24, 2017
Since we’re discussing uniforms, remember the ’’Tommy Trojan’’ head decal on the helmets during the Larry Smith era? It looked good on the statue but not so great on the side of the helment as the ’’lines’’ clashed with the helmet.

The current head decal, before Smith, and afterward, looks better even though it has a Class III (Jay Leno) jaw. And CLS’s Cardinal face guards were too much.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:

Arthur Jury

Oct 31, 2018
The existing "Trojan helmet head" decal is actually that of a Spartan, Details, details, details, close enough for gov't work ....

DBL

Sep 6, 2021
I'm all for the name on the back.... Its easier to tell who some of the players are...The idea that it will impact the team and make for selfish players is simply silly, let's check in on Alabama and see if their names on the back hurt player performance.

There seems to be this romance grown men have about tradition and the fear of change... How many teams college or pro don't put their names on the jersey and why is that?????? I bet the NFL will tomorrow wake up and say TAKE OFF THE NAMES THERE IS NO "I" IN TEAM DAM-IT.....

Reactions: JC SOXX

Dallas Schwartz

Jan 9, 2021
I think it is time to have the players name on the USC jersey. Players having to share the same number is confusing. Spend the extra dollars for a players name. Think of the kid that shows up on his recruiting trip to SC and they hand him a USC jersey with his name on it, mom and dad are going to go crazy with pride. Fight On!
Why not call Coach Saban and tell him you think the Bama unis are 'stale' an tell him how cool it'd be if a flying elephant were on the helmet! {Ahem}

There's a single word that describes the Best of college football: Tradition!