Ranked 25th in the coaches. USC jumps to #20

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
There are 6 Pac 12 teams ranked ahead of us.

Somehow I don't think there are 6 PAC 12 teams better than us.

Probably not, but those 6 teams are all 9-3 or better. Its been a pretty impressive year for the PAC 12. They are the clear #3 behind SEC and Big 10.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Probably not, but those 6 teams are all 9-3 or better. Its been a pretty impressive year for the PAC 12. They are the clear #3 behind SEC and Big 10.

I guess I'm just suspicious of them all. The entire conference's best non conference win is USC over ND, who is a #15 to 20 caliber team.

They piled up wins in conference and vs weaklings out of conference.

Georgia destroyed Oregon 49-3, Florida beat Utah early, and South Alabama (who has had a fine season) came very close to knocking off UCLA.

I may well be dead wrong about them. The bowls will tell us something.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I guess I'm just suspicious of them all. The entire conference's best non conference win is USC over ND, who is a #15 to 20 caliber team.

They piled up wins in conference and vs weaklings out of conference.

Georgia destroyed Oregon 49-3, Florida beat Utah early, and South Alabama (who has had a fine season) came very close to knocking off UCLA.

I may well be dead wrong about them. The bowls will tell us something.

I agree. They aren’t as good as those teams records indicate, but I still think they are better than they’ve been in years past, and are also better than the ACC is this year. I think the ACC’s best win is FSU over LSU, in Game 1 for a new regime for LSU in which LSU also gave the game away via multiple special teams blunders. That ND team that lost to Utah also spanked the best team in the ACC, too.

Maybe one day, poll voters will be able to look at something besides overall record when comparing similar teams across conferences, but they continue to be too stupid or biased to do so. Thankfully, that’s where the CFP committee can bring logic into play.

Reactions: She Mate Me