SCPaladin

Trojan Forever

Sep 7, 2017
Does anyone know what happened to this poster? Until perhaps 5 years ago, he would post infrequent, but long and thoughtful analyses of how SC was doing and what it would take to improve. I thoroughly enjoyed them.
I wonder if he gave up because of Helton?
I hope he returns now.
Fight On.

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017

His last post from January, 2020.

Trojan Forever

Sep 7, 2017

His last post from January, 2020.
Thanks.

HRPickenstuff

Aug 24, 2017
When the Stars ✨’s and the Moon 🌙and the Planets 🌎 align. That’s when you’ll see SCPaladin again my friends keep looking due West for a sign.

Last edited:

The Great One

Sep 1, 2021
He was a good forum member and had informative posts. Really enjoyed reading them.

There are couple of others I wonder if they've made it the new site yet. BLF and Helix come to mind.

vigoda

Aug 24, 2017
Where is SColdtimer? Where is Mindstorm/Elephant and Cross? (#Malone4Heisman) Where is EricJapan, the first guy I ever heard who put together the SEC incest scheduling tactic (PR leads to artificial high preseason rankings/don't play anybody out of conference/somehow losses only vault the winner but the loser doesn't sink)

Where is BigScud? Where is Randy88Moss? Man, I'll even take Bunkerbuster, although he was exposed as a fraud by another poster who is good and should post more, Area51trojan (Maybe sic?)

These guys were all around for the latest golden era, maybe they'll come back for the next one.

Reactions: in2nation

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
Paladin used to post some great old music too, back in the day when we actually used to have music and movie and TV threads on the OT board.
I would love to get some of that going back.

SGVFlip

Nov 13, 2017
He was a good forum member and had informative posts. Really enjoyed reading them.

There are couple of others I wonder if they've made it the new site yet. BLF and Helix come to mind.
BLF is around, but not too ofren....

Within the last week, he said David Bailey, MD Lb is USC bound....

Reactions: The Great One

SCPaladin

Aug 24, 2017
SCPaladin is here and truly humbled by the very nice statements and inquiries into my whereabouts. My lack of posts were the results of several things. I adore USC football but, I am about to make you wish I had not returned.

As far as football, the last many years have not been my idea of USC football or USC in general.

1. Even through the dismal years of Hackett, Smith and JRII, there was always hope. Disappointment, yes, but always hope. With Gentlemen Clay, there was no hope. I decided to invest in the team about as much as they invested in their fans. Loyalty is a two way street.

2. As one of the most brilliant humans ever to walk the face of the earth, Albert Einstein stated in rather succinctly: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Have you seen people USC has hired since John McKay. We have had incompetent athletics directors and leaders at USC for a very long time. Remove 5th choice Pete Carroll and look at the list of outstanding and stellar people that have come to represent our athletic department, Ted Tollner. JRII, Larry Smith, Paul Hackett, Lane Kiffin, Steve Sarkisian, Clay Helton. That is our list of coaches from 1984 through 2021, that almost 40 years of mediocrity. Now add in our athletic directors Mike McGee, Mike Garrett, Pat Haden, Lynd Swann, Dave Roberts. Really? We are legends in our own minds if you think any of those giants deserve to be remembered in the same breath as Howard Jones, John McKay and Pete Carroll.

2. Without going into details, many of you know that college campuses are different than previously. I get it, I am old and the world changes. I don't have to support these changes with my hard earned money. I have trouble supporting any University that charges $100,000 dollars for social justice education. Who cares more about putting luxury boxes for a mediocre product and dumps their fans by the curb.

3. I have grown weary of USC slow walk to disaster on so many fronts, head of Medical School corruption, Gynecologist with atrocious behavior not held accountable, buying your way into school with Varsity Blues. And when we seem to be innocent we roll over and play dead to the NCAA for Reggie Bush. This is a statement about leadership or lack thereof. If feels to me as if USC is Sears, Oldsmobile, Rexall and RCA all wrapped into one.

4. We have frequently selected money and expediency rather than hard work and honesty. That is not who I am.

And through it all, I still am here, Why, because there lives in this old guy the spark of a youngster who watched OJ slash through the lines, Jones to Dickerson in the end zone. I am here because of the McKay's cardiac kids and wild bunch and AD romping over Notre Dame. I am still that kid taking the bus to the Coliseum to see his heroes. So I tell myself I won't care, but I do, its our blood.

SC Paladin

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
SCPaladin is here and truly humbled by the very nice statements and inquiries into my whereabouts. My lack of posts were the results of several things. I adore USC football but, I am about to make you wish I had not returned.

As far as football, the last many years have not been my idea of USC football or USC in general.

1. Even through the dismal years of Hackett, Smith and JRII, there was always hope. Disappointment, yes, but always hope. With Gentlemen Clay, there was no hope. I decided to invest in the team about as much as they invested in their fans. Loyalty is a two way street.

2. As one of the most brilliant humans ever to walk the face of the earth, Albert Einstein stated in rather succinctly: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Have you seen people USC has hired since John McKay. We have had incompetent athletics directors and leaders at USC for a very long time. Remove 5th choice Pete Carroll and look at the list of outstanding and stellar people that have come to represent our athletic department, Ted Tollner. JRII, Larry Smith, Paul Hackett, Lane Kiffin, Steve Sarkisian, Clay Helton. That is our list of coaches from 1984 through 2021, that almost 40 years of mediocrity. Now add in our athletic directors Mike McGee, Mike Garrett, Pat Haden, Lynd Swann, Dave Roberts. Really? We are legends in our own minds if you think any of those giants deserve to be remembered in the same breath as Howard Jones, John McKay and Pete Carroll.

2. Without going into details, many of you know that college campuses are different than previously. I get it, I am old and the world changes. I don't have to support these changes with my hard earned money. I have trouble supporting any University that charges $100,000 dollars for social justice education. Who cares more about putting luxury boxes for a mediocre product and dumps their fans by the curb.

3. I have grown weary of USC slow walk to disaster on so many fronts, head of Medical School corruption, Gynecologist with atrocious behavior not held accountable, buying your way into school with Varsity Blues. And when we seem to be innocent we roll over and play dead to the NCAA for Reggie Bush. This is a statement about leadership or lack thereof. If feels to me as if USC is Sears, Oldsmobile, Rexall and RCA all wrapped into one.

4. We have frequently selected money and expediency rather than hard work and honesty. That is not who I am.

And through it all, I still am here, Why, because there lives in this old guy the spark of a youngster who watched OJ slash through the lines, Jones to Dickerson in the end zone. I am here because of the McKay's cardiac kids and wild bunch and AD romping over Notre Dame. I am still that kid taking the bus to the Coliseum to see his heroes. So I tell myself I won't care, but I do, its our blood.

SC Paladin
This is the Paladin I remember. I don’t know about using OJ and slash in the same sentence, but otherwise awesome post.

Paladin, post one of your music thingy’s, for old time sake.

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
Those kinds of threads are regularly on the OT.
Really? You have music threads over there?

Let me guess?
Ted Nugent? Morrisey? Hank Williams Jr?

I keed.

I‘m a frequenter of the two Rivals National Boards, and they have fantastic music, TV Show, Movie, Podcasts and other threads on there. I’ve heard so much great music that I had never heard before. Learned about great shows to Binge. Fantastic Podcasts etc. As you may know, Iwork outside, all day long, so I listen to podcasts pretty much all day. Even bought a couple of Bose Sunglasses that have speakers in the ear pieces, because wearing ear buds or anything in my ears for 10 hours is really uncomfortable.

I have trepidation about going over there. Not sure my fragile psyche could handle the abuse that would most certainly come my way from a few of my “ Fans”, but I may muster my courage and dip my toe in some day soon.

Any regular OT members, if there is a good thread about music or podcasts or anything, I would appreciate a tag.

Last edited:
Reactions: August West

Trojan Forever

Sep 7, 2017

SC Paladin
Thanks for posting again. I missed you for exactly the honesty of this post. No matter how SC screws up, we still want the football team to fight on. I do think that Bohn is a professional AD and sees the world clearly. Hopefully, he will find us the next diamond in the rough (like Pete Carroll) to lead us once again to the promised land.
Keep posting the unvarnished truth. I expect nothing else from Richard Boone.

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017

SC Paladin
2, 3, and 4 are hard truth. Unfortunately, because some of those things had a personal impact on my dad, and then on me, it hits even harder. I no longer need to tell myself I don't care. I moved in to the really don't care phase. I no longer wake up on Saturdays mornings in the fall with that anxious feeling. I no longer feel the need to be in front of the TV when USC plays. I am more than happy to schedule other things during game time and no longer experience heartbreak or frustration seeing another "L" in the column.

I have observed a definitive break from what was and what is. At this point, I don't see it going back.

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
On a 1st name basis with BD and his sock puppets? I gave you more credit than that Blem
I don’t know about any sock puppets, and haven’t talked to him in 12-13 years. We always had music in common, but not much more. But he reached out to me, still don’t know why, to confess to me that his wife hadn’t really passed away.
He explained why he did it, and I told him I understood but would have handled it differently. We probably spoke 5 or 6 times over the next few years, but after I got banned here, it didnt seem to make much sense.

Not sure why that would make you think less of me though. Keep in mind, no one, and I mean no one went after him, for years, like I did. So I felt I owed him at least a lent ear.

And a reach around.

Reactions: AMLTrojan

old scotty

Aug 24, 2017

SC Paladin
thanks, Wire...

we need you here

JayBird23

Nov 17, 2018
Title is fun to say. Best moment was Anthony Davis taking second-half kickoff to the house to start most epic comeback ever. But let’s not forget in the midst of all the Helton carnage was a comeback win in epic Rose Bowl against Penn St (Sam) and Slovis to Armon Ra St Brown vs bRuins (bRuins may have thrown game to keep Helton. Probably not but they kickoff with 50 seconds and let us return it untouched past midfield). I doubt it was intentional but man what an incredible breakdown)

Latest posts