Senator Trent Lott resigning tomorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrenadaDawg

Jun 4, 2007
WHAT??????

Think he'll replace Coach O??

Anyone think that the reason Chip Pickering announced his resignation was because ole Trent told him that there might be a SENATE seat coming open?? Hmmmmm.

twistedpuppy

Nov 25, 2007
You are joking?

He wont be resigning unless they catch him in bed with a dead woman (not his wife) or a live boy...

1msudawg

Aug 26, 2006
wow.. thad was expected to sometime during this term.. but not lott. That means that Pickering will be appointed by Barbour to replace him.. if true.

twistedpuppy

Nov 25, 2007
Dickie Scruggs is his brother in law, maybe he finally got caught with his pants down and his hands down Trents...lol

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
leaving Oxford this afternoon for DC on NAFOOM. Rebs were watching for recruiting poop.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
From what I've heard he grew tired of the grind. He's more concerned about making some money and being with his kids more.

1msudawg

Aug 26, 2006
look for khayat to retire very soon. Could be part of the reason. He was planning to retire at some point during his term. Initially it was going to be Thad. But he decided that he was going to rerun.

So now that Thad is going to rerun/and Barbour got reelected Lott can retire and not worry about who is going to replace him. Barbour will appoint Pickering.

Also one of the reasons that he was going to retire is so that he could replace Khayat as Chancelor at Ole Miss. But this was not expected till later in the term.

So, wow.. this rumor could be true.

dudehead

Jul 9, 2006
The part about Chip surprises me. I thought he was stepping down from his house post because he was offered a great private sector job with lots of $$$ and has 5 or 6 kids at and nearing college age. Despite what people think, Congressman don't make that much when it comes to living in DC and at home and raising a family.

Regardless, you never know what you're going to read here. That's part of why i keep coming back.

drunkernhelldawg

Nov 25, 2007
How long until a special election has to be held, etc.

He was mad enough to quit after he was thrown overboard and scapegoated by his "friends" in Washington. He has recently made an amazing comeback as Minority Leader. If true, America is losing a great statesman and Senator.

1msudawg

Aug 26, 2006
The last I heard he, Pickering, was going to go to K Street to be a lobyist, to make more money and have more time with his family. But he also was not expecting lott to retire until later.

I am not saying he would go to the Senate.. But, there really isn't too many other people that Barbour could appoint. That is just thoughts around the office.

twistedpuppy

Nov 25, 2007
Of course I would not doubt he wants out. He spent most of his time taking credit for what everyone else was doing and getting on TV then he got payback for overloading his *** and mouth by his party on the Strom deal.

He will never be what he had dreamed of legacy wise (a dark horse candidate for President) and he will never get anywhere near the water mark of John Stennis much less Byrd, so he might as well come home and finish out at his career at the University of Mississippi. Even if he was at the bottom of his law school class at Mississippi...lol

Why he can go over to the Nu Nu house ever day at 5 and have a cocktail with the boys and discuss the fine direction the sports program is going to go

1msudawg

Aug 26, 2006
Barbour would appoint new senator then he would have to re-run in next general election.

infracaninophile

Nov 25, 2007
i told several people at the tailgate that he was going to be replacing LAWYER BOB who's health ain't real sporty and with all this **** going on, their head-cheerleader was coming to save the day....

guess what the UKhayats told me in jacktown last week was true.....trent will be the new chancellor - boone is gone at the end of december....and they also said that they wanted franchione

J

JR

true it was a 2 foot put with no break, straight up hill....but you had to get it to the hole.

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
it was common knowledge that he at least wasn't going to run again.

That's what was told to everyone emailing and calling his office about the immigration bill when he made his famous "we need more doctors and physicists" comment while defending amnesty and I wanted to ask him just how many "doctors and physicists" were wading across the Rio Grande every night or tunneling into San Diego.

The Big Slick

Aug 29, 2006
I remember the last time the Rebels went down this road, some obsessed Ole Miss fans kept tabs on the location of the Scruggs Jet. They would then find a way to link it to the coaching search.

On one occasion, the jet left Oxford for some random place in Ohio. The exact location escapes me. Being that Butch Davis was in Cleveland at the time....they put two and two togethor.....and ending up getting a Zero....

topdawg.sixpack

Nov 25, 2007
Chip cannot take this seat b/c he said he wanted more time with his kids, and to turn around and run for this seat.....

The rumor about Trent Lott to be UM's Chancellor is not surprising at all, and Khyatt is not in good health at all.

I wouldnt be surprised to see Trent Lott at UM, but not tomorrow. If he did resign tomorrow the appointed Senator would have to run for reelection in 2008 to fill out Lott's term, which would expire in 2012

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
...told my wife last night.. You know, when something off the wall like that is posted on here the chance that it's true is very, very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.