Serious question: If Rattler has made his mind up to declare for the draft...

BetaLiberalCock1

Oct 22, 2022
Does he sit the bowl game out?????

If the answer is : OF COURSE NOT.....

Then that same answer should apply to all players at all positions. Can't stand double standards. JMHO. What say ye? <cough Deebo>
YOU DO NOT QUIT ON YOUR TEAMATES for your own sake. Period. Ever. If I'm an NFL GM, that right there tells me everything I need to know about a player. Argue all you want, I'm not taking a guy that quit on his team to protect his own interests. No "I" in "team"

Viennacock

Jan 21, 2022

Then that same answer should apply to all players at all positions. Can't stand double standards. JMHO. What say ye? <cough Deebo>
YOU DO NOT QUIT ON YOUR TEAMATES for your own sake. Period. Ever. If I'm an NFL GM, that right there tells me everything I need to know about a player. Argue all you want, I'm not taking a guy that quit on his team to protect his own interests. No "I" in "team"
BS- Rattler has a ton to gain by playing the bowl game. Cam Smith has very little to gain and millions to lose. No need for Cam to drop his nuts in Florida.

BetaLiberalCock1

Oct 22, 2022
BS- Rattler has a ton to gain by playing the bowl game. Cam Smith has very little to gain and millions to lose. No need for Cam to drop his nuts in Florida.
Funny how you frame your response. (wrong) / The key word is *if* - If Rattler believes he will be drafted and get paid he has the exact same concern as Cam > injury. In other words, in Rattlers mind (assuming he's going to enter the draft) He sees himself as valuable. Just as Cam does.

So your argument falls apart right there. Bottom line: You're a double standards guy. Doesn't work with me. > Nope.

Did Deebo quit on the gamecocks? Yep. Did he quit on the 49er's? Yes or no? Yes. Hence: Why I wouldn't take those players in the first place.

Reactions: USCrbCOCK

BetaLiberalCock1

Oct 22, 2022
And yet the NFL does this all the time. It's business.
Deebo quit on the Gamecocks. Deebo quit on the 49er's. Business? Yes. Bad Business? Obviously.

I believe I've made my point. The double standards don't fly. If you draft a quitter, chances are...... it's about character. Major character flaw = instant "pass." I'd rather have a team of 52 players with the heart and desire to win above all else over a team of highly ranked prospects. The lessons we're teaching kids these days are flat out wrong on every level. You do not quit on your team.

It's this fanbase attitude of "quitting is ok if...." that has lead to 100+ years of mediocrity for Gamecock football. The NCAA needs to do something about this so the player doesn't feel like they're gambling with their future. JMHO.

Reactions: GCJerryUSC

BetaLiberalCock1

Oct 22, 2022
Interesting fact: This post has been viewed 147 times / yet only 3 responses....

That's a whoooooooooole lot of people who don't want to answer a very simple and very obvious question. Must make them feel uncomfortable for some reason. The question is valid - the answer is obvious - and they don't like that because deep down they know I'm right and don't want to deal with it. Interesting.

Dod Rangerfield

Jan 30, 2022
You're obviously not a "We before Me" type of person. Shame. The world is running out of them.

A bowl game is just as much a part of the season as the game vs. Tillman. ALL should play in it.

Clowney played in his last bowl. As did Gilmore, Sharpe, & even freakin' Rogers. Not complicated.

Viennacock

Jan 21, 2022
Funny how you frame your response. (wrong) / The key word is *if* - If Rattler believes he will be drafted and get paid he has the exact same concern as Cam > injury. In other words, in Rattlers mind (assuming he's going to enter the draft) He sees himself as valuable. Just as Cam does.

So your argument falls apart right there. Bottom line: You're a double standards guy. Doesn't work with me. > Nope.

Did Deebo quit on the gamecocks? Yep. Did he quit on the 49er's? Yes or no? Yes. Hence: Why I wouldn't take those players in the first place.
Sorry. Not wrong here and there is not a double standard. I believe Rattler has a ton to gain by showing out in a bowl game and the chance of injury is relatively small. If he believes he has nothing to gain and he's going to be a high draft pick, I am good with him sitting. If he sits down with people that are looking out for his best interest, he will likely play.

Cam's situation is pretty black and white. I'm pretty sure Beamer would be ok with him sitting.

I coach baseball. I always tell my players to do what's in their best interests. My policy of looking out for their best interests has gone a long way. They listen when I advise them what I believe is in their best interest.

Each situation is different depending on position, draft position etc. Sorry if you're not bright enough to understand this. Not very complicated. Anyone that isn't wearing garnet glasses and that is educated in risk / reward would tell Rattler to play and Cam to sit.

Viennacock

Jan 21, 2022
You're obviously not a "We before Me" type of person. Shame. The world is running out of them.

A bowl game is just as much a part of the season as the game vs. Tillman. ALL should play in it.

Clowney played in his last bowl. As did Gilmore, Sharpe, & even freakin' Rogers. Not complicated.
I am a we before me if it's a meaningful playoff game. If not, I've got my players backs as I'm certain Beamer does.

If Cam does decide to play, I will become a bigger fan. That said, I won't fault him at all for not playing.

Reactions: StillH8FATBRAD

athenscock3

Feb 7, 2022
Not any of my business or yours. Neither of us have contributed a thing to these kids upbringing. It's a decision for the player and his family to make, whether it's playing in the bowl game or declaring for the draft. Up to them. It's their future at stake and if they make a bad decision on declaring for the draft they pay the consequences.

Viennacock

Jan 21, 2022
Not any of my business or yours. Neither of us have contributed a thing to these kids upbringing. It's a decision for the player and his family to make, whether it's playing in the bowl game or declaring for the draft. Up to them. It's their future at stake and if they make a bad decision on declaring for the draft they pay the consequences.
Well said.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I'd like to see a list of players who suffered career-ending/career-altering surgery in a bowl game, which was the last game of their collegiate career, and ruined their NFL dreams.

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022
His dad says he's staying. No mention of bowl game, but I don't see him sitting out if he's coming back.

Funny how the tweet uses Rattler picture to make it seem credible. Glad his dad nixed it. It’s not hard stuff. Now he may declare for the pros, but that’s a different story.

Thunderstick

Jan 21, 2022

Remember the talk surrounding Clowney? It was suggested by some he shouldn't even play his last year!

Viennacock

Jan 21, 2022
Here’s the list:
  • None
Dumb post. There have been plenty that were going to be high draft picks that were either injured in a bowl or have come back for their senior season and injured. One that comes to mind are Anthony Poindexter, the RB out of Stanford, D'Eriq King. Jayson Smith for the Irish (major injury in a bowl).

Reactions: Rogue Cock

Dod Rangerfield

Jan 30, 2022
I am a we before me if it's a meaningful playoff game. If not, I've got my players backs as I'm certain Beamer does.

If Cam does decide to play, I will become a bigger fan. That said, I won't fault him at all for not playing.
Then you're not we before me. Lots of players, coaches, alumni, fans, etc. are depending on each & every player to play & give it his all. Not too much to ask for someone given a full scholarship.

Dod Rangerfield

Jan 30, 2022
I'd like to see a list of players who suffered career-ending/career-altering surgery in a bowl game, which was the last game of their collegiate career, and ruined their NFL dreams.
It would not a be a long list of distinguished names.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Dumb post. There have been plenty that were going to be high draft picks that were either injured in a bowl or have come back for their senior season and injured. One that comes to mind are Anthony Poindexter, the RB out of Stanford, D'Eriq King. Jayson Smith for the Irish (major injury in a bowl).
"Plenty" is probably an exaggeration. In the history of college football, there may be a few players who have suffered career-ending/career-altering injury in a bowl game that was their final collegiate game.

Viennacock

Jan 21, 2022
"Plenty" is probably an exaggeration. In the history of college football, there may be a few players who have suffered career-ending/career-altering injury in a bowl game that was their final collegiate game.
Plenty. Some were going to be high draft picks, some not so high. This is versus none that some idiot posted and you liked.

Viennacock

Jan 21, 2022
Plenty. Some were going to be high draft picks, some not so high. This is versus none that some idiot posted and you liked.
There are more than you think. Regardless, it has happened and will happen again. I can tell you with 100% certainty it won't happen to Cam if he doesn't play in the bowl game.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
The aforementioned Jaylon Smith says, knowing what he knows now, he'd make the same decision to play in the bowl game all over again: “Being a competitor and a captain of my Notre Dame team, it was important for me to go out the right way,” he says. “It was premiere game, the Fiesta Bowl vs. Ohio State. There was a lot of talent in that game. We all wanted to compete. So the decision I made to play in that game, I would make the same decision.”

That first sentence says it all. He's a competitor. Not all guys are competitors. Being a good football player does not make you a competitor. If you sit out a bowl game, you're not a competitor. You also lack pride and personal dignity.

Reactions: Lurker123

Dod Rangerfield

Jan 30, 2022
The aforementioned Jaylon Smith says, knowing what he knows now, he'd make the same decision to play in the bowl game all over again: “Being a competitor and a captain of my Notre Dame team, it was important for me to go out the right way,” he says. “It was premiere game, the Fiesta Bowl vs. Ohio State. There was a lot of talent in that game. We all wanted to compete. So the decision I made to play in that game, I would make the same decision.”

That first sentence says it all. He's a competitor. Not all guys are competitors. Being a good football player does not make you a competitor. If you sit out a bowl game, you're not a competitor. You also lack pride and personal dignity.
THIS!

If your team is playing & you "opt out," you are a QUITTER! Says a lot about your raising & personal character.

Viennacock

Jan 21, 2022
THIS!

If your team is playing & you "opt out," you are a QUITTER! Says a lot about your raising & personal character.
Sorry- if you are heading to the NFL, you are a competitor regardless of opting out.

You aren't going to convince me or many that Kenny Pickett, Thibodeaux, Kenneth Walker etc aren't competitors. Most of their coaches supported their decisions to sit.

Reactions: DrMickeySC

Viennacock

Jan 21, 2022
THIS!

What do you expect him to say? I screwed up? I guarantee you if he could take a do over, he would. Same for Poindexter.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Does that include the portal?

Depends on the scenario. I have mixed feelings on the portal. On the one hand, I like the old school mentality of waiting in the wings for your chance to play. But, too many guys use the portal because they want to play NOW and aren't willing to wait or get hurt feelings about not being named a starter or whatever. But there are certainly situations where it just becomes apparent that a guy isn't never gonna get to play or play much. Situations do change. I think the portal opens up opportunities for those players. Covid year aside, you've got 4 years in college and then it's over. So I can understand in certain situations that a guy wants to play and not waste years away. Also, it opens up opportunities for guys if coaches should quit or be fired etc.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
What do you expect him to say? I screwed up? I guarantee you if he could take a do over, he would. Same for Poindexter.

I take Jaylon's word on what Jaylon would do if he had it to do over again as opposed to your word on what Jaylon would do if Jaylon had it to do over again.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Jaylon has said on at least 3 occasions that he'd play in the bowl game all over again.

"Those freak types of accidents, injuries, they happen," Smith said. "But you don't go in the game thinking, 'Oh man, I'm going to get hurt.' That was my decision, and I love it. And I wouldn't change it. If I knew that I was going to get hurt and wasn't going to be a top-five pick again, I would have literally played in that game again because of my teammates and how much Notre Dame means to me."

“Being a competitor and a captain of my Notre Dame team, it was important for me to go out the right way,” he says. “It was premiere game, the Fiesta Bowl vs. Ohio State. There was a lot of talent in that game. We all wanted to compete. So the decision I made to play in that game, I would make the same decision.”

“Honestly,” Smith wrote on Twitter. “With Everything I’ve been through, If I could go back to Jan. 1st I’d play again.”

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022

If I recall, Deebo was on the sidelines of the game he sat out. That said a lot about the culture under Muschamp. You wanna sit out, fine, your call, but don't expect to travel with the team. If you're not part of the team, you're not part of the team.

Viennacock

Jan 21, 2022
I take Jaylon's word on what Jaylon would do if he had it to do over again as opposed to your word on what Jaylon would do if Jaylon had it to do over again.
Doesn't really matter what Jaylon says. It derailed his career and is not for everyone. What's good for Jaylon is not necessarily good for all.

I would love for you and Rod to tell Cam to his face he's not a a quitter and not a competitor if he opts out. He'll have yo nuts!

Latest posts