Since we are talking food...what fast food chains do you love and what ones you wont you eat

jaycee993

Sep 2, 2021
Love:
In n Out
Habit
Del Taco (I’m cheap and they have the best value menu out there)
Culvers

Won’t eat:
Taco Bell
Johnny Rockets
Jack in the Box
I will eat Taco Bell at least in the old days before I retired but I apologize I didnt mention i dont aee much difference between taco bell and del taco....yup Jack in the crotch is the most degusting

IETrojanFan

Aug 24, 2017
To me there’s a bit difference. It’s not that I don’t like Taco Bell’s flavor as much as whenever I would eat there It would inevitably get me in the gut shortly after.

Gag in the Bag. Barf in the Box. So many nicknames over the years… :ROFLMAO:

Cacadetoro

Feb 9, 2018
I only do fast food typically if I am desperate. I will do subway. I do Mexican fast food at Roberto’s in Vegas. Occasionally I will do In and out. Hate McDonalds. I so seldom eat fast food that it probably not a fair question to ask me.

IETrojanFan

Aug 24, 2017
I only do fast food typically if I am desperate. I will do subway. I do Mexican fast food at Roberto’s in Vegas. Occasionally I will do In and out. Hate McDonalds. I so seldom eat fast food that it probably not a fair question to ask me.
Good for you, Colonel. I must admit, I do fast food waaaaaaay too much... and there are few ff places I won't eat and somewhat enjoy. I'm a self-admitted junk-food-aholic...

AdelitasTJ

Aug 29, 2021
Love: Whitey's Jolly Kone, Culvers, Freddy's Frozen Custard and Steakburgers, In-N-Out, Chick-Fil-A, Dairy Queen, Smithfields, and Zaxby's...

Hate: Popeye's, Arby, Chipotle, Carls, Burger King, Subway, Togo's, Little Caesars (I could add a bunch of the other chain pizza places to the list).

Damn...I've eaten a lot of fast food!

Last edited:

SGVFlip

Nov 13, 2017
In n out
Mcdo brkfast
Tommys
Carls jr
Church Chicken
Jollibee
El pollo loco

Hated Chick fil a wraps, chkn sandwich - greasy

Cacadetoro

Feb 9, 2018
Good for you, Colonel. I must admit, I do fast food waaaaaaay too much... and there are few ff places I won't eat and somewhat enjoy. I'm a self-admitted junk-food-aholic...
Lots of people are. I am a foodie. If I am going to waste calories, I want to do them on food we make at home or at a good restaurant. I just got back from Italy for a month and had some great dishes. I loved the different kinds of paninis, cicchettis, bruschettas, pastas, seafood and even occasional pizzas. One dish I had in Assisi was pesto spaghetti. They smothered the spaghetti with the pesto and I added some parmesan to it. It was one of my favorites. The cicchettis and bruschettas were amazing. They had so many varieties with different cheeses, swordfish roe, tomato, anchovy etc. Add a nice glass of wine and bon appetit . Unlike the US, the servings are not ginormous. I actually lost weight over there. I would eat large lunches and very small suppers. My only self indulgence was the daily gelato.

dblwall

Aug 24, 2017
Love..
In N Out
Krispy Krunchy chicken (give it a try it's amazing)
McDonalds.. breakfast only when traveling

Hate..
Chick Fil A
Ate there once never again. A fast food restaurant that doesn't use onions is dead to me.

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
Way out there....but anyone driving around Texas, Florida, or a few other spots in the Southeast will get it....

Buc-ee's. Had a scrambled egg and brisket taco for breakfast. The amount of food choices was a little overwhelming. CA needs to have Buc-ee's on the 99 and the 5.

• Love
Reactions: rgf1999

sc69er

Aug 31, 2021
LOVE
In and Out
Tommy's
Habit
Wendy's

wont eat
Burger king
carls
mcdonalds
Chipotle
JACK in the box
Remember when Jack-in-the box was cited for using Kangaroo meat(imported from Austrailia) in their hamburgers. In the 80's I believe.

• Wow
Reactions: SGVFlip

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
Remember when Jack-in-the box was cited for using Kangaroo meat(imported from Austrailia) in their hamburgers. In the 80's I believe.
CA has banned the import of products using kangaroo leather. My daughter's preferred soccer cleats were made from it and sporting goods stores won't even ship them to a CA address.

• Sad
Reactions: Pudly76

DaFireMedic

Aug 24, 2017
I avoid fast food as much as possible for health reasons, but:

Love:
Pieology
Bakers Drive-Thru
In N Out
Chick Fil A
KFC (though I rarely eat there)

Won’t eat:
Burger King
Popeyes

TrojanGiftHorse

Jan 31, 2018
Lots of people are. I am a foodie. If I am going to waste calories, I want to do them on food we make at home or at a good restaurant. I just got back from Italy for a month and had some great dishes. I loved the different kinds of paninis, cicchettis, bruschettas, pastas, seafood and even occasional pizzas. One dish I had in Assisi was pesto spaghetti. They smothered the spaghetti with the pesto and I added some parmesan to it. It was one of my favorites. The cicchettis and bruschettas were amazing. They had so many varieties with different cheeses, swordfish roe, tomato, anchovy etc. Add a nice glass of wine and bon appetit . Unlike the US, the servings are not ginormous. I actually lost weight over there. I would eat large lunches and very small suppers. My only self indulgence was the daily gelato.

You totally lose weight chewing on that al dente pasta. That's hard work!

Last edited:

TrojanGiftHorse

Jan 31, 2018

What is/was wrong with Kangaroo meat? Why is California trying to tell people what to eat and what not to eat?

shane2020

Jan 23, 2020
LOVE
In and Out
Tommy's
Habit
Wendy's

wont eat
Burger king
carls
mcdonalds
Chipotle
JACK in the box

I’m an In-N-Out addict. Had a Carl’s burger yesterday and it was better than I expected. I used to eat at Chipotle but then they had some quality issues which ruined them for me. Haven’t eaten at Jack in the Box for years but they used to have one item I liked. I think it was called the Sourdough Jack.

No Burger King. No McDonald’s.

What about Arby’s?

Reactions: jaycee993

IETrojanFan

Aug 24, 2017
I avoid fast food as much as possible for health reasons, but:

Love:
Pieology
Bakers Drive-Thru
In N Out
Chick Fil A
KFC (though I rarely eat there)

Won’t eat:
Burger King
Popeyes
Ah, Bakers, a local favorite. I actually worked at one location through high school and into college, and I’ll still willingly eat their food. Great choice if you can’t make up your mind or, like me, have a large family where some want burgers and come burritos.

Reactions: DaFireMedic

gangogi

Aug 24, 2017
When it comes to fast food, it's really about what you haven't exhausted lately. Was a huge fan of Jack's until I played it out. McDonalds is everywhere, other than their fries, kinda meh. I like In 'n Out, but the fries are almost as bad as Burger King. Pieology is good, like it better than any other pizza joint. Popeyes has better chicken than KFC, but KFC coleslaw is better. The mash potatoes are on par (i prefer popeyes mash). So in the end, what ever you feel like ordering seems about right. Sometimes I spent more time trying to figure out what to order than what to watch on Netflix.

aimeedee

Aug 25, 2017
We rarely do fast food, but no one has better service than Chick-fil-A.

Gold Trojan

Aug 27, 2017
Chick Fil A is the best service hands down. I haven't done a fast food hamburger/taco joint in over 5 years, and really don't miss it.

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
  • Angry
Reactions: TrojanGiftHorse

sctrojan2006

Aug 24, 2017
It has been a long time since I have been to Carl’s Jr., so I do not know if they still have the following on their menu. I used to order a bbq chicken sandwich (no sauce) and a baked potato with broccoli (no cheese sauce). I would then pull the chicken breast out of the sandwich. Plate it up and you have a boneless-skinless chicken breast, baked potato, and steamed broccoli for your meal.

TrojanGiftHorse

Jan 31, 2018
I think it was a USDA inspection

Looks like the meat has anti-carcinogenic and anti-diabetic effects, and it can help to reduce obesity and atherosclerosis. It's a shame we decided to outlaw it.

Sometimes I think about the impact of the Japanese controlling the propagation of Kobe cows. That fat is actually good for you; therefore, those strict controls might actually have a massive adverse global impact upon human health. Imagine if we all had Kobe beef in abundance...! Not only will our meals be more enjoyable, but we would all be more healthy. Additionally, due to the fact that our bodies can only consume limited amounts of fats, we might actually consume less beef, and that would yield environmental benefits.

I know a lot of you are familiar with the FreeKobe character that has been associated with some of these USC football sites. Well, I think we should start a #FreeKobe campaign aimed at liberating this Kobe beef from the Japanese. Who's with me???

TrojanGiftHorse

Jan 31, 2018
It has been a long time since I have been to Carl’s Jr., so I do not know if they still have the following on their menu. I used to order a bbq chicken sandwich (no sauce) and a baked potato with broccoli (no cheese sauce). I would then pull the chicken breast out of the sandwich. Plate it up and you have a boneless-skinless chicken breast, baked potato, and steamed broccoli for your meal.

I'd take a Carl's Jr. burger over In & Out any day! In & Out is the most overrated fast food out there.

Reactions: TheRealAirbns

sctrojan2006

Aug 24, 2017
Have you tried Charo Chicken? It’s like El Pollo Loco but they put garlic butter sauce on the chicken.
I did, but it wasn’t the best experience. It was at a friends house and the chicken was sitting out and got cold, so not the Charo’s fault. I should try it again and get it fresh from the restaurant.

Lately, I have been marinating and grilling my own chicken, but I am getting a little tired of chicken. I prefer beef over chicken, but try not to eat it too often. I have some flank steak marinating since last night that I will be grilling tonight for dinner. 😋

Reactions: Jay4usc

sctrojan2006

Aug 24, 2017
I'd take a Carl's Jr. burger over In & Out any day! In & Out is the most overrated fast food out there.
My mom feels the same way about both. She loves the Famous Star. I try to avoid fast food hamburgers in general, too much fat. If I eat one, I want fries to go with it, and a soda to wash it down. Afterwards, I regret doing so. Same goes for eating fried chicken.

IETrojanFan

Aug 24, 2017
What's overrated is 5 Guys! Walked in order a normal double cheese with the fixings, fries, and a drink, and walked out over $20 poorer!!! :( And they don't have any distinctive flavor that sets them apart. I'll take In N Out any day (Carl's is great, too), but I recognize that for many, it's a comfort thing, what we grew up eating so it's familiar.

TrojanGiftHorse

Jan 31, 2018
What's overrated is 5 Guys! Walked in order a normal double cheese with the fixings, fries, and a drink, and walked out over $20 poorer!!! :( And they don't have any distinctive flavor that sets them apart. I'll take In N Out any day (Carl's is great, too), but I recognize that for many, it's a comfort thing, what we grew up eating so it's familiar.

• Haha
Reactions: IETrojanFan

qqqqqqqman

Aug 24, 2017
Like them all…..but I eat fairly responsibly, so limit eating fast food. Would eat Tommys, Carls, DelTaco all week if I didn’t care about my body. Five Guys would work too, but yeah, price is ridiculous. Chick-Fil-A portions are too small. In-n-Out over rated. So I don’t eat any of those listed.

Chipotle gets most of my action, with an occasional Wendys chicken/Panda/Subway.

jaycee993

Sep 2, 2021
Everybody has a right to an opinion but saying In and Out is over rated is puzzling to me. They never use frozen burger meat, hand cut fries on site, rarely raise their prices, treat their employees really well and by the long lines consistently shows people love the food service and freshness. To say you dont care for their food another thing.

Btw it appears from all the posts is the In and Out is the top favorite and jack in the box the least liked.

jaycee993

Sep 2, 2021
Like them all…..but I eat fairly responsibly, so limit eating fast food. Would eat Tommys, Carls, DelTaco all week if I didn’t care about my body. Five Guys would work too, but yeah, price is ridiculous. Chick-Fil-A portions are too small. In-n-Out over rated. So I don’t eat any of those listed.

Chipotle gets most of my action, with an occasional Wendys chicken/Panda/Subway.

My nephew from Colorado just loves Chipotle. tells me theres not much legit mex food where he lives. To me its ok but just strikes me as gringo/mex food. With so many amazing authentic family run mexican places in SO Cal I like the hole in the wall joints.

Latest posts