SS CIF HS Football, 2022

Canyon.usc

Aug 24, 2017
Shaka, HS football season is here. Yeah, now we'll have FB things to talk about.

Scores and Results.

8-26-22

St John Bosco #1 N, #2 Ca vs Allen, TX, #48 N, 52-14. SJB went into Allen, Tx, suburbs of Plano/Dallas area and won big. Allen is one of Texas top teams. There's a 14 pts swing for visiting teams, thus really SJB true score = 66 pts. That's crazy. Again, it's gonna be epic when SJB plays Mater Dei this season.

Mater Dei #2 N, #1 Ca vs Bishop Gorman, Las Vegas # 6 N, 24-21. Mater Dei squeak out a win, looks like BG has a really good team. MD played at BG home field, which is a disadvantage. Next week, 9-2-22 MD will face Centennial. Whoa that is gonna some kind of pre-season match up. A must see game...

Centennial, Corona #9 N, #3 Ca vs Cathedral Catholic, San Diego #6 Ca, 42-7. 2nd year in row Centennial whipped CC. CC was the 2021 D-2 State Champs. The game was at CC home field. Once again, looks like Centennial has a really good team this year. Next week Centennial plays Mater Dei...

Mission Viejo #5 Ca, vs. Servite #14 Ca, 42-23. Looks like MV has a very good team, but Servite lost a lot of top talent from their highly ranked 2021 team.

Note: Max Prep top 25 Calif Rankings, only 3 teams from the North and Central CIF are ranked in the top 25. De La Salle #13, Folsom #16, Pittsburgh #20. The SS CIF and San Diego teams dominate rankings. Maxprep got it wrong though, I feel De La Salle should be in the top 10, I would put DSL at #7, Folsom at #10, and Pittsburg at #11. These 3 Northern Calif teams are very good FB teams.

Pittsburg has a highly rated 4* dual threat QB, Jaden Rashada, 6-4, 185 lbs, #7 QB Nation, #6 Ca player, committed to U.Miami. Miami got one hell of a QB.

Last edited:

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
Not SoCal but I watched a lot of the Mill Creek/Norcross game last night on ESPN. Caleb Downs, the #1 safety who plays for Mill Creek is every bit the 5* and Bama has one heck of a player coming their way next year. 6th career pick-6 last night and his entire senior season to go.

Trojanfan562

Sep 5, 2017
Not a top 25 team, but Warren had a struggle with La Serna. Was talking to my nephew after his game (he plays for Downey) about it and he said Nico has no o line protection on that team.

Canyon.usc

Aug 24, 2017
Not SoCal but I watched a lot of the Mill Creek/Norcross game last night on ESPN. Caleb Downs, the #1 safety who plays for Mill Creek is every bit the 5* and Bama has one heck of a player coming their way next year. 6th career pick-6 last night and his entire senior season to go.
Sista Veebs, saw most of the game on ESPN. Yeah, Caleb Downs was impressive. BAMA is getting an Xlent DB...

Canyon.usc

Aug 24, 2017
8-27-22

Los Alamitos, #25 N, #4 Ca vs American Heritage, Fl, #19 N loss big, 26-56 and it was not close. Hate to write this, but Malachi Nelson, 5*, #2 QB nation looked awful, very disappointing game. Do not know his final stats, but at one point he was around 45% accuracy. His long balls were terrible (average arm strength), I do not recall him completing anything over 40 yds (may have missed one, I kept changing channels). His medium and out passes had average zip.

Most of all, MN displayed poor leadership and body language. He showed no Moxy or fire in his eyes. On the side lines he stood alone and did not try to rally his teammates. Not Good and Bad Leadership! 8-28-22 update, found that he ended up 19/33 passing = 57.58%, but most of those completions were 10 to 15 yds slants or bubble screens. Anything over 25 yds, he missed his WR's (high, behind = bad passes). Gotta question his high national QB ratings?

Makai Lemon, 4* WR, played exceptionally well. He played both ways; he's a stud. ML did well as a DB, very good cover skills and sure tackler. Lemon ended up with 200+ yds receiving, had a 65 yd TD and 97 yd KO TD called back due to penalties. He showed mucho leadership on the sidelines (fired up and talking to his teammates). After this game I rate him as a 5* WR or Athlete. Shaka, USC is getting an outstanding FB player.

For sure Los Al will drop out of the top 25 national ratings and I would drop them down to #16 CA. 2nd game, 4* DE, TA Cunningham, transfer from GA did not play (not cleared by CIF yet). He would not have made a difference, AH was the much better team.

American Heritage is a very good FB team, one of the best out of state teams I’ve seen over the years. Brandon Inniss, 5* WR is all that and more. Man, wish we got him, shoot Ohio St got a good one. RB, Mark Fletcher had an Xlent game, ended up with 224 rushing yds, he’s big + good speed. He too is headed to Ohio St, dam. It would have been some kind of match up if AH played Mater Dei, SJB or Centennial...

Last edited:

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
8-27-22

Los Alamitos, #25 N, #4 Ca vs American Heritage, Fl, #19 N loss big, 26-56 and it was not close. Malachi Nelson, 5*, #2 QB nation looked awful, very bad game. Do not know the final stats, but at one point he was around 45% accuracy, his long balls were terrible (weak arm), medium and short balls little zip. All game he displayed poor leadership and body language. He showed no Moxy or had fire in his eyes. On the side lines he stood alone and did not try to rally his teammates. Not Good and Bad Leadership!

Makai Lemon, 4* WR, played exceptional well. After this game I rate him as a 5* WR. Lemon ended up with 200+ yds receiving, had a 65 yd TD and 97 yd KO TD called back due to penalty. He showed mucho leadership on the sidelines (fired up and talking to his teammates). Hell we got an outstanding FB player.

For sure Los Al will drop out of the top 25 national ratings and I would drop them down to #16 CA. 2nd game, 4* DE, TA Cunningham, transfer from GA did not play (not cleared by CIF yet). He would not made a difference, AH was the way better team.

American Heritage is a very good FB team, one of the best I’ve seen over the years. Brandon Inniss, 5* WR is all that and more. Man, wish we got him, shoot Ohio St got a good one. RB, Mark Fletcher had an Xlent game, ended up with 224 rushing yds, he’s big + good speed. He too is headed to Ohio St, dam.
Not impressed with Los Al play-calling but in the 2nd half is when Nelson should have proven himself. Not a good game for Los Al.

AH is very good. Inniss dropped a few which could have given him better stats. Really impressed with Fletcher. He's a man among boys.

You right....Ohio State must be feeling pretty good about their 2023 class.

Reactions: Canyon.usc

Canyon.usc

Aug 24, 2017
MATER DEI VS BISHOP GORMAN | Nation's No. 1 Team Goes to Las Vegas | 2022 HS Football 4K Highlights

Mahalo Bruddah Pudly for da HL tape. Man, that was a hard hitting game by both sides. MD got behind 0-14 but made Xlent adjustments after dat. Dang, Elijah Brown is a stud QB, he passed well (3 TD's) and lead his team all night. Hope USC lands him, he would do well in C.LR offense. He showed A+ skills, A+ leadership, toughness, competitiveness and willed MD for da win. Shaka one time to Elijah for a great game.

Hats of to BG, they are for real and deserves top rankings, #6 in nation. What can you say about Zach Branch, he was doubled teamed all night and yet made unreal catches (2 TD's). He has to be the best WR in the nation.

Both teams showed high level team speed, top skills on O and D.

Shoot, looked all ova for the final stats, no where to be found?

Last edited:
Reactions: Pudly76

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
Mahalo Bruddah Pudly for da HL tape. Man, that was a hard hitting game by both sides. MD got behind 0-14 but made Xlent adjustments after dat. Dang, Elijah Brown is a stud QB, he passed well and lead his team all game. Hope USC lands him, he would do well in C.LR offense. He showed toughness, competitiveness and willed MD for da win. Shake to Elijah for a great game.

Hats of to BG, they are for real and deserves top rankings, #6 in nation. What can you say about Zach Branch, he was doubled teamed all night and yet made unreal catches. He has to be the best WR in the nation.

Both teams showed high level team speed, top skills on O and D.

Shoot, looked all ova for the final stats, no where to be found?
Not sure but the OC register might have them..

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
Have you read the story about Norcross TE and Georgia commit Lawson Luckie and his family? Pretty remarkable. His mom runs half marathons pushing his little brother’s wheel chair

Canyon.usc

Aug 24, 2017
Have you read the story about Norcross TE and Georgia commit Lawson Luckie and his family? Pretty remarkable. His mom runs half marathons pushing his little brother’s wheel chair

Thanxs Bruddah, that was a good read and inspirational story. Awesome family. Amazing single mom, works full time, keeps in good condition (super mom) does a great job raising 3 kids. Looks like the father is not in the picture that much. Article mentions the Dad once (recruiting duties). Fight on and God Bless Cannon Luckie...

Last edited:

Canyon.usc

Aug 24, 2017
St John Bosco vs. Allen, Texas highlight tape. SJB won Big 52-14. Wow, SJB is an impressive team, strong at all positions. Big boost from transfers. I do not see any weakness in this 2022 team, this is a Super Team...

SJB RB position is sick. Cameron Jones, Jr, 6-2, 235 lbs, Eric Denham, Jr, 5-11, 190 lbs (both transfers from Centennial, Corona, wipe out Cent lost out big time), Chauncey Sylvestor, Jr, 5-10, 180 lbs, Khalil Warren, Jr, 5-9, 230 lbs.

WR position. 2 major transfers: DeAndre Moore, Sr, 6-0, 180 lbs, 4* from (Los Alamitos), Israel Polk, 6-2, 170 lbs, 3+* speedster from (Pittsburg, N.Calif).

Dang, SJB, Mater Dei and Centennial are loaded at every position group. All 3 have so much A+ talent, and they are from all ova Southern Calif and other parts of Calif. Kinda unfair. It's unusual for a public school like Centennial to have a national ranked team every year. Hats off to their FB program.

What ever might people believe and say, "Calif. HS FB talent is mediocre" is BS. Calif. HS produces many A+ FB talent. The only area that lags behind are in the LM positions, we have them but few in numbers. Many times the other FB powers rob Calif of its top LM. USC must put an end to the poaching and corral the top LM in Calif.

Last edited:

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017

I have. I read most of Sentell's articles. He's a decent guy. Great story, hard-working mom, Dawg family. Uncommon dedication to their brother.

HRPickenstuff

Aug 24, 2017
Shaka, HS football season is here. Yeah, now we have FB things to talk about.

Scores and Results.

8-26-22

St John Bosco #1 N, #2 Ca vs Allen, TX, #48 N, 52-14. SJB went into Allen, Tx, suburbs of Plano/Dallas area and won big. Allen is one of Texas top teams. There's a 14 pts swing for visiting teams, thus really SJB true score = 66 pts. That's crazy. Again, it's gonna be epic when SJB plays Mater Dei this season.

Mater Dei #2 N, #1 Ca vs Bishop Gorman, Las Vegas # 6 N, 24-21. Mater Dei squeak out a win, looks like BG has a really good team. MD played at BG home field, which is a disadvantage. Next week, 9-2-22 MD will face Centennial, Wow that is gonna some kind of pre-season match up. A must see game...

Centennial, Corona #9 N, #3 Ca vs Cathedral Catholic, San Diego #6 Ca, 42-7. 2nd year in row Centennial whipped CC. CC was the 2021 D-2 State Champs. The game was at CC home field. Once again, looks like Centennial has a really good team this year. Next week Centennial plays Mater Dei...

Mission Viejo #5 Ca, vs. Servite #14 Ca, 42-23. Looks like MV has a very good team, but Servite lost a lot of top talent from their highly ranked 2021 team.

Note: Max Prep top 25 Calif Rankings, only 3 teams from the North and Central CIF are ranked in the top 25. De La Salle #13, Folsom #16, Pittsburgh #20. The SS CIF and San Diego teams dominate rankings. Maxprep got it wrong though, I feel De La Salle should be in the top 10, I would put DSL at #7, Folsom at #10, and Pittsburg at #11. These 3 Northern Calif teams are very good FB teams.

Pittsburg has a highly rated 4* dual threat QB, Jaden Rashada, 6-4, 185 lbs, #7 QB Nation, #6 Ca player, committed to U.Miami. Miami got one hell of a QB.
Canyon You're the guy to go to for HS football updates. I learned alot. Good stuff. Thanks for your efforts.

Canyon.usc

Aug 24, 2017
Canyon You're the guy to go to for HS football updates. I learned alot. Good stuff. Thanks for your efforts.
Mahalo and you're welcome Bruddah & Coach HRP. I'm so pumped that the FB season is here. I'll try to fill in weekly news and game results in this original thread ( SS CIF HS Football, 2022 ). But, if you, Bruddah Pudly, Sista Veebs, Bruddah Blem, Trojan Seij and others join in posting current HS news and secret, juicy, inside info from Calif. + other states we will have an interesting, informative and active GarryP Trojan Huddle board.

I love HS and College FB, but really do not follow the NFL that much. I only watch games that have USC players. Every Friday, I always watch a HS game live or on TV. On Saturdays at home TV, I get to watch about 7 to 8 games all day and night. Shaka, my wonderful wife is understanding and gives me space when FB season starts up. She even prepares most of the Saturday Pupu's. Peace & Aloha

Last edited:

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
Yeah Bruddah, can't wait for tonight, it's gonna be a great FB game! Like always hope MD wins.
They (Centennial) played an extremely tough game last year and honestly shoulda probably won..

I’m thinking this will be a hard fought game on both sides.

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
Blem....if you get it locally, check out game tonight, Carrollton vs Rome. Carrollton has a freshman QB Juju Lewis who is supposed to be something special. Rome has a mature, solid D.

Last edited:

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
Blem....if you get it locally, check out game tonight, Carrollton vs Rome. Carrollton has a freshman QB Juju Lewis who is supposed to be something special. Rome has a mature, solid D.
We’re getting Brookwood at Collins Hill. If you ever get a chance to go to a game at Rome, do it. They have a real wolf as a mascot.

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
We’re getting Brookwood at Collins Hill. If you ever get a chance to go to a game at Rome, do it. They have a real wolf as a mascot.
Yikes. A real wolf?

Speaking of wolves....Buford is tied right now at 14 in the 4th vs North Cobb. If Buford can win the state title in their current classification, they would be the first high school in the state to win a title at every classification.

A question for you about Buford....I think one more season of uga missing on Buford recruits and its time to ask....what is going on there?

AdelitasTJ

Aug 29, 2021
Any free streams for the Mater Dei game? Can't seem to find one on the sites I usually use