Texas vs. Okie St

DaFireMedic

Aug 24, 2017
Okie St. still can’t get it done in the red zone, but still manage to take the lead on field goals, 25-24.

Once again, Sark unable to get first downs to run out the clock late in the game. He can still pull it out, but he’s going to have to find a way to sustain a late drive.

DaFireMedic

Aug 24, 2017
Texas once again can’t move the ball late, and turns it over on downs.

It’s Okie St.’s game to lose now. One first down and they’ll have it.

TrojanFireHorse12

Aug 24, 2017
Sark lost this one in his classic fashion. He can’t sustain a drive late in the game to save his life, and his defense always finds away to give up points.

Texas fans are going to have to live with this for at least 3 years.
Yep, they really don't understand how deep Sark's shortcomings are as an HC and will hate every minute of it. Great offensive mind, but only when he's kept in check. He's known for going 7-5 for a reason.

Reactions: DaFireMedic

GoSC27!

Sep 30, 2017
What’s worst in this loss is if he loses on the Arch Manning sweepstakes!
Fight On!

DaFireMedic

Aug 24, 2017
It's his first year. I'm willing to give him a mulligan. Ok State looks legit.
It is his first year at Texas, but the losses look remarkably similar to the ones at USC. Do well in the first half, even build a significant lead sometimes, then cease to be able to sustain a drive in the second half. That was incredibly frustrating when he was at USC.

I don’t have anything against Sark and I’m not rooting for him to lose. But dang, the similarities between his recent Texas losses and his losses at USC are hard not to notice.

Last edited:

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
It is his first year at Texas, but the losses look remarkably similar to the ones at USC. Do well in the first half, even build a significant lead sometimes, then cease to be able to sustain a drive in the second half. That was incredibly frustrating when he was at USC.

I don’t have anything against Sark and I’m not rooting for him to lose. But dang, the similarities between his recent Texas losses and his losses at USC are hard not to notice.
I’ll tell you what, he even had a hard time picking his qb (sound familiar?) and was going to use two in the first game… then ended up choosing the wrong one and having to switch. ( Cody vs Whittick)

J4SC75

Aug 24, 2017
I’ll tell you what, he even had a hard time picking his qb (sound familiar?) and was going to use two in the first game… then ended up choosing the wrong one and having to switch. ( Cody vs Whittick)
Not a big fan of his, but I think he picked the right one. Kessler played a number of years in the NFL and Wittek played…. none.

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
Not a big fan of his, but I think he picked the right one. Kessler played a number of years in the NFL and Wittek played…. none.
He tried to pick whittick, tried hard, but had no choice but to go with Cody. I’m a big fan of Cody’s. All the crud he had to go thru.

Reactions: Rodgarnay51

Peete2Affholter

Aug 24, 2017

I thought that QB drama was under Kiffin?

I felt that Kessler was easily the better QB, but physically, Wittek had the "measurables" that coaches salivate over. Wittek had probably the strongest arm I've seen on an SC quarterback not named Carson Palmer, but that was about all Wittek had.

Kiffin basically wanted to play video-game football with Wittek and just throw up long bombs, but reality isn't a video game.

Reactions: Pudly76

SC93er

Aug 24, 2017

I’m completely rooting for Sark to lose. Bozo drinks on the job, embarrassing himself and the school, gets himself fired, and then sues the school. Takes no responsibility for his own actions. I’m rooting for him to lose every game he coaches from now to eternity.

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
I thought that QB drama was under Kiffin?

I felt that Kessler was easily the better QB, but physically, Wittek had the "measurables" that coaches salivate over. Wittek had probably the strongest arm I've seen on an SC quarterback not named Carson Palmer, but that was about all Wittek had.

Kiffin basically wanted to play video-game football with Wittek and just throw up long bombs, but reality isn't a video game.
You’re right, my bad, thanks. There was much talk about some sort of promises made at the time too.

DaFireMedic

Aug 24, 2017
I’m completely rooting for Sark to lose. Bozo drinks on the job, embarrassing himself and the school, gets himself fired, and then sues the school. Takes no responsibility for his own actions. I’m rooting for him to lose every game he coaches from now to eternity.
I understand. But I’m past him, he’s Texas problem now.

Reactions: Rodgarnay51

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017

It's well that we are reminded of his manifest shortcomings. Otherwise, we'd hear calls from the peanut gallery for USC to hire him back.

NO THANKS!

Still, I'm very happy for him and his family that he's overcome his personal demons and is living a sober life. As a coach answerable to so many, it's never easy but, as the head coach in a Tier-1 blueblood program like Texas, or USC, the pressures are incomparably greater than at lesser programs.

When he gets canned, and within 2-3 seasons I believe he will be, I hope Sark can hang onto his new & improved, redeemed and whole self.

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
It's well that we are reminded of his manifest shortcomings. Otherwise, we'd hear calls from the peanut gallery for USC to hire him back.

NO THANKS!

Still, I'm very happy for him and his family that he's overcome his personal demons and is living a sober life. As a coach answerable to so many, it's never easy but, as the head coach in a Tier-1 blueblood program like Texas, or USC, the pressures are incomparably greater than at lesser programs.

When he gets canned, and within 2-3 seasons I believe he will be, I hope Sark can hang onto his new & improved, redeemed and whole self.
Weird as it sounds, I don’t blame him for being a drunk while coaching at USC, that I put on those who chose to ignore it and allow it. And like you, I don’t think he’ll last at texass. That said, I too hope for his sobriety to continue.

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017
This result for Texas is proof positive that there is at least one HC worse than Clay Helton.

Huh? Not even close, IMO.

For one thing, if Sark doesn't cut the mustard (and he won't), I'll guarantee you the Texas BOT won't approve extending his contract and dropping $15 milski on him for laying cable and pinching a loaf all over the turf at Darrell K Royal–Texas Memorial Stadium ... so, IMO, he won't even be around Austin nearly long enuff to fail as epically as CCH did at USC.

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017
Weird as it sounds, I don’t blame him for being a drunk while coaching at USC, that I put on those who chose to ignore it and allow it. And like you, I don’t think he’ll last at texass. That said, I too hope for his sobriety to continue.

Few in his past state are truly to "blame"; meaning they're not there by free choice and intentional selection. It's a proven illness. Them accepting their true condition is never easy, but it is a requirement for recovery. And, where substance abuse/addiction are involved, it's not ever easy to truly change until you accept that only you can change it.

In other words, healing can only come from inside, not outside, but I agree having people around you who are ignoring, empowering or not caring about your bad choices is the LAST thing anyone needing real help, understanding & care for their well-being can have around and still be able to survive the death-grip that's on them.

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017
Texas is NOT a “blueblood” program, unlike USC. They have only 4 natties and 2 Heismans. Their deluded fans want people to think they are.

We can probably argue that point for days. In the end you still won't include them and I will.

But that is not my point. My factual point is that Texas alums, boosters & fans put as much, or more, pressure on their head coaches to succeed as almost anywhere else in the country ... including USC. (IMO)

Latest posts