The continuing saga of Korey Foreman...

trojanart

Apr 17, 2019
I'm afraid Korey is our version of Allen Iverson. "Practice? We're talkin' practice."
Here's a snippet from Adam Bradford's story yesterday:

Foreman Rides the Bench​

During last weekend’s win over Oregon State, USC edge rusher Korey Foreman did not play a single snap.

If this was most other players, it would not be a huge deal. Given that Foreman was the number one overall recruit in the country just a year ago, however, naturally some questions arose.

When asked about Foreman’s lack of playing time, USC defensive coordinator Alex Grinch gave a simple, one-word answer: “Practice.”

It seems as though if Foreman wants to see the field against Arizona State tomorrow night, he will need to perform better in practice this week.

sctrojan2006

Aug 24, 2017
I like the way Grinch handled the questions about Foreman. It was flat out about letting KF know it was up to him, if he wanted to see the field. He can either rise to the occasion or disappear into the sunset. This may be the defining point in KF's football career. I hope he rises up and lives up to his perceived potential.

Socrates

Aug 29, 2021
Sounds like a character issue of not being all in with the new culture.

Hockey10

Aug 24, 2017
Wow. This says a lot if it is saying what is being assumed. Being that USC doesn't give injury reports it's possible he missed practice due to injury. If it is what it really sounded like then Foreman has to get with it. It may be a case where he was so much better then his teammates and competition in HS that he just coasted on his abilities. Now that he is playing against players and with teammates who all have as much or better talent then him he is forced to compete. He is forced to work when he never had to. If this is the case he's going to have to find the mentality to work harder and compete. Otherwise he'll continue to see the bench. Let's hope he fights through it.

gkierkegaard

Aug 24, 2017
Grinch's one word answer "practice" might be construed as "Korey isn't showing effort in practice".

But it might also be construed more innocuously as "Korey simply hasn't shown the requisite results in practice to earn him playing time."

The latter in an of itself implies nothing about effort, though it's easy to assume it's an effort thing given Foreman's ranking as the #1 recruit in the country.

I'm always in favor of giving someone the benefit of the doubt.

JC SOXX

Aug 24, 2017
I blame the coach, they could put him in at DE and have him rush the passer from the outside. Most of the time Foreman is told to stunt to the inside, or drop into coverage. With his speed and strength Foreman should be rushing the passer from the outside.

Who's High Pitch?

Sep 13, 2017
I blame the coach, they could put him in at DE and have him rush the passer from the outside. Most of the time Foreman is told to stunt to the inside, or drop into coverage. With his speed and strength Foreman should be rushing the passer from the outside.
Agree. He looks small (thin) going inside among several blockers. Not sure why they don't have him beat the tackle to the outside on the blindsided. He gets swallowed up anyways on those stunts.

BlackLeftLeft

Aug 21, 2019
I don't think Foreman is as athletic for his size as people think. He looks light, like light 245ish. In the open field he doesn't look that fast or twitchy.

He was bigger in HS. I don't think he's as athletic at this size compared to his peers as he when he was heavier.

Drake Jackson appeared athletic when he was as bigger and was still athletic when he got skinny.

I think Foreman was better off as a 265lb DE than a 245lb EDGE.

Reactions: HRPickenstuff

HRPickenstuff

Aug 24, 2017
I'm afraid Korey is our version of Allen Iverson. "Practice? We're talkin' practice."
Here's a snippet from Adam Bradford's story yesterday:

Foreman Rides the Bench​

During last weekend’s win over Oregon State, USC edge rusher Korey Foreman did not play a single snap.

If this was most other players, it would not be a huge deal. Given that Foreman was the number one overall recruit in the country just a year ago, however, naturally some questions arose.

When asked about Foreman’s lack of playing time, USC defensive coordinator Alex Grinch gave a simple, one-word answer: “Practice.”

It seems as though if Foreman wants to see the field against Arizona State tomorrow night, he will need to perform better in practice this week.
Ya. Dude is in a tough spot. He's not the Prototype DE (Fast and athletic or powerful and relentless)

He came out of HS with Hollywood hype. It did help him that he got baited into doing A West Coast headliner signing day show with all the theatrics. If you can back it up then by all means do your thing. Most don't.

I wish these guy would just sign and keep things low key. Why put that pressure on yourself. You don't think some 3 star tackle that feels slighted by his ranking is looking to make an example of him. One more thing he has to deal with.

I like that Lincoln Riley does not care about his 5 star ranking. If there is someone better on the roster he's going with that. I can 100% guarantee Helton would have played him his Sophomore year and regardless of how poor he played would not have taked him out. He played in 7 games last year.

Latest posts