The NFL Has Never Seen a Player Like Micah Parsons

19333lion

Oct 27, 2021
I thought at the time of the draft, that he was as close to Lawrence Taylor as I'd ever seen. He would have looked great in Eagles' green.

lemonears

Oct 31, 2021
This writer really likes Parsons. Pretty good read.

Yep, Parsons is the best NFL linebacker ever as long as you don't consider Lawrence Taylor, Derrick Thomas, Dick Butkus, Ted Hendricks, Bobby Bell, Bill George, Jack Ham, Joe Schmidt, Ray Nitschke, Ray Lewis, Dave Robinson, Mike Singletary, Brian Urlacher, Jack Lambert, Willie Lanier, Lee Roy Jordan, Sam Huff, and Nick Buoniconti. I would argue that Dennis Onkontz before his injuries was better than Parsons .

Last edited:

SurgeOne

Oct 30, 2021
Yep, Parsons is the best NFL linebacker ever as long as you don't consider Lawrence Taylor, Derrick Thomas, Dick Butkus, Ted Hendricks, Bobby Bell, Bill George, Jack Ham, Joe Schmidt, Ray Nitschke, Ray Lewis, Dave Robinson, Mike Singletary, Brian Urlacher, Jack Lambert, Willie Lanier, Lee Roy Jordan, Sam Huff, and Nick Buoniconti. I would argue that Dennis Onkontz was better than Parsons before his injuries.
I think the pt is he is playing both LB and DE

Reactions: LBU11 and TiogaLion

Bvillebaron

Oct 12, 2021
Lawrence Taylor may disagree.
Yeah love Micah but I see
Yep, Parsons is the best NFL linebacker ever as long as you don't consider Lawrence Taylor, Derrick Thomas, Dick Butkus, Ted Hendricks, Bobby Bell, Bill George, Jack Ham, Joe Schmidt, Ray Nitschke, Ray Lewis, Dave Robinson, Mike Singletary, Brian Urlacher, Jack Lambert, Willie Lanier, Lee Roy Jordan, Sam Huff, and Nick Buoniconti. I would argue that Dennis Onkontz was better than Parsons before his injuries.
Onkotz? C’mon man.

Reactions: Nohow

Blair10

Nov 14, 2021
I thought at the time of the draft, that he was as close to Lawrence Taylor as I'd ever seen. He would have looked great in Eagles' green.

No LB, past or present is close to Lawrence Taylor. LT was the most disruptive defensive force I have ever seen. The only other player who was just as disruptive was the great Reggie White who was a DL.

Blair10

Nov 14, 2021
Have we convinced ourselves that Parsons sucks?

No. The issue and primary point, is that too many in the media and some uneducated fans have a “latest is the greatest” mentality. Nothing against Parsons. Just asking people to read a little sports history and do some basic research before anointing an athlete as the greatest or best ever.

Bwifan

Oct 12, 2021
Lawrence Taylor may disagree.

I think it's fair to say that Micah is the first player I have seen that can change a game like LT did.... Hard to compare with different times and rules etc. but both can literally take over a game from the defensive side.

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
I think it's fair to say that Micah is the first player I have seen that can change a game like LT did.... Hard to compare with different times and rules etc. but both can literally take over a game from the defensive side.
OK....but o make a statement such as.....

."....NFL Has Never Seen a Player....."​

Is bold, brash and misguided. It doesn't change how good Parsons is, but for the "journalist" to make a statement like that is....frankly just wrong. The NFL has seen playeis like Parsons, and sometime in the future, the NFL will again see players like Parsons.

Reactions: Bwifan and Bison13

Mufasa94

Oct 12, 2021
If he stayed one more year at PSU he'd be so much better. 🙄
I believe he took a class or classes in the Fall of ‘20 to graduate. I would think there is a very good chance they were free to him as a scholarship athlete.

He did nothing illegal or against the rules.

But, if he had played one more year, he would have honorably held up his end of the deal.

Maybe that way of doing things just makes me an old curmudgeon.

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
I believe he took a class or classes in the Fall of ‘20 to graduate. I would think there is a very good chance they were free to him as a scholarship athlete.

But, if he had played one more year, he would have honorably held up his end of the deal.

He was never playing another yr at PSU with or without Covid. Covid was the excuse he needed, but even without it he would have sat out his last year

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
And you base this on......... ???????
George Costanza Seinfeld GIF

MrTailgate

Oct 19, 2021
The greatest compliment that I can give Parsons is that the opposing team needs to know where he is on every snap. The same held true for LT. Early returns are promising, but LT was the perfect football player. It’s funny how you seldom hear Joe Montana’s name now in greatest ever QB discussions whether it be when talking about Brady or Mahomes. But you will never NOT hear LT’s name mentioned when it comes to greatest D players. LT was created somewhere in a football lab.

Reactions: Player2BNamedL8r

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021

Ok do Saquon now. He left a year early.

Player2BNamedL8r

Oct 12, 2021
No LB, past or present is close to Lawrence Taylor. LT was the most disruptive defensive force I have ever seen. The only other player who was just as disruptive was the great Reggie White who was a DL.
Taylor was great, no doubt, but I disagree that no other LBs were close. In fact, I’d argue that some were consistently as good or better at various points in their careers. Just considering OLBs, guys like Kevin Greene and Derrick Thomas were at his level for very long careers…and those are just his sack total peers. What about interceptions? Taylor doesn’t even crack the top 25 all-time list for his position, whereas guys like Ham dominated in that statistic.

Player2BNamedL8r

Oct 12, 2021
The greatest compliment that I can give Parsons is that the opposing team needs to know where he is on every snap. The same held true for LT. Early returns are promising, but LT was the perfect football player. It’s funny how you seldom hear Joe Montana’s name now in greatest ever QB discussions whether it be when talking about Brady or Mahomes. But you will never NOT hear LT’s name mentioned when it comes to greatest D players. LT was created somewhere in a football lab.
Montana was better at his position than LT was at his. Both are (and always will be) all-timers.

Connorpozlee

Oct 29, 2021
Taylor was great, no doubt, but I disagree that no other LBs were close. In fact, I’d argue that some were consistently as good or better at various points in their careers. Just considering OLBs, guys like Kevin Greene and Derrick Thomas were at his level for very long careers…and those are just his sack total peers. What about interceptions? Taylor doesn’t even crack the top 25 all-time list for his position, whereas guys like Ham dominated in that statistic.
Thomas was the closest to LT that I can remember having seen.

Reactions: haveyoumethoward

nittanyfan333

Oct 6, 2021
Exactly. Parsons hasn't yet reached that level of years playing with consistent domination.

As with most good young players, they are great until the league gets some tape and someone comes up with a gameplan. of course the gameplan has to be repeatable. It's only been 1 game, but the Eagles sure negated him when they played. be interesting to see if they can repeat that. Also helps to have the best RT in the game to go against him. I think the eagles are a combination of gameplan and personnel.

But to that point, the GREAT ones (LT, Reggie... etc) are the ones that the league spends a decade trying to figure out how to gameplan against and can never do it. Time will tell whether this is Parsons or not. he's got a chance.

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
And you base this on......... ???????
comments he made like "Moreover, he announced that he would not return to school, opting instead to prepare for the 2021 NFL Draft. He made the decision on Aug. 6, five days before Big Ten presidents and chancellors officially voted to postpone the season until the spring.

While I felt safe with the health and safety standards as we returned to Penn State for workouts, the potential risk to the health and wellbeing of my son far outweighed my urge to play football season. Therefore, I have decided to opt out of the 2020 season and prepare for the 2021 NFL Draft."
I took this comment as, ' I want to workout and not risk injury by playing' I concluded he was never going to play his last year, that this was his intend the whole time, especially adding in the fact he had signed with an agent..

"the following day, ESPN's Tom VanHaaren reported that Parsons, who by then had signed an agent," it just seemed to me, that if it was announced he signed with an agent, he already had an agent and was heading to Cali to work out.
maybe I concluded wrong, we will never know either way

Last edited: