The "Official" Unofficial Game Prediction Thread - Game 3 - Wash St

TrojanHorse

Aug 24, 2017
The Trojans are heading out on the road for their first away game of the season to face the Washington State Cougars in the Palouse. Initially, there may have been a lack of interest after the shellacking we took against Stanford...but as of Monday afternoon, there is a renewed interest in this game and season.

Post your best prediction of the final score for this game. We will announce winners after the game.

To see last week’s winners, click here and scroll down:
https://www.on3.com/boards/threads/...ad-game-2-stanford.266155/page-3#post-4858173

The Basic Rules of tabulation this week will be as follows:
-We will track predicted scores (one guess per person) and come up with a winner by 'least cumulative variance.' That is, the real variance of each team's guess added together.
-If two people have given the same score, then the first one that gave the score is the winner. Other than that, there could be co-champions. if two people have given different scores, but have the same cumulative variance.
-Edits to posted scores will be allowed until game time.
-If the least cumulative variance happens to pick the wrong winner, they will be awarded "Closest to the Pin,' but the overall winner must guess the winning team correctly.
-A 'Most Wrong' Award will be given out for the guess with the largest cumulative variance.
-No more guesses or changes after kickoff.

Please Observe The Following Honorary Rules:
-The Cardinal & Gold Rule - Whole numbers only. Fractional numbers will be rounded up.
-The NorCalSurfer Rule – No ‘Negative’ score predictions
-The BigGuard Modification - If someone has two guesses in the same post, for humor or other purposes, the second (last) pick is the one that will be used to make it consistent... so try to be clear.
-The Trojan Eternity Clarification – If a contestant inadvertently (or otherwise) makes more than one pick, the last pick will be the one used for the purposes of the competition. Technically, this would be the “last” pick.
- The Lizard King Rule – In order to qualify for the honorary title of most wrong, guesses must be at least somewhat within reason. Nothing over 70 points scored for instance is probably reasonable for either team this week.
-The Lizard King Clarification – If a player picks a score over the above stated maximum, they will not be considered for the Coveted Title of Most Wrong for that week. Players will get one mulligan per season on this clarification rule.
-The Globe Rule – If more than one player has the same net differential, but at least one has picked the correct team to win...then no “Closest To The Pin” Trophy will be awarded that week.
-The Golden Trojan Rule – Picks must be posted in the correct weekly pick thread. Otherwise they will not be picked up and counted toward the contest.
-The Beeto Clarification –If two or more people are declared co-winners as a result of having the same net differential, but a third (or more) person has a duplicate score, those later duplicate scores will be disregarded for purposes of the weekly competition only. They are still used for the YTD competition.

A Season Long Champion will also be crowned:
-Each week we will calculate the 'average' net points for any participant that has picks in at least 2/3 of the available games.
-We will include all games through the regular season in this format. However, once any playoffs or post season games begin, you MUST play those games in order to continue on to become the season champion. It's sort of like the Fed Ex Cup.
- Last year the Season Long Prediction Czar was @ qqqqqqqman Please show him the respect he deserves this season. Whatever that might be…
- Some of the most important perks of winning are the year long bragging rights and the knowledge that you really are better than everyone else.
- It's a long season, don't give up. Have fun and thanks for playing

Remember, this thread is about having fun, expressing our honest opinions on how we think the team will do THIS WEEK, and maybe even learning a little from each other. We are not going to always agree with everyone on our predictions--but this is not the place for calling people out or derogatory comments. Otherwise you may get virtually flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct.

Give us your prediction and tell us why you think it will happen. On any given week we could be very right or very, very wrong. That's sort of the nature of sports though isn't it? You win some...you lose some. You pick your self up, dust yourself off, and tomorrow is a new day. Sort of a nice analogy for life.

Beat the Cougars!

Last edited:

zitorocks

Aug 24, 2017
Do I really have to pick a score?

USC 27
Wazzu 24

USC gets the win, but again a horrid performance from Slovis.

Reactions: SC2015Lev

TrojanHorse

Aug 24, 2017
Well, that threw a wrench in things didn't it? Not an unwelcomed one, but still...

Now we have to figure out how this major change in head coaching affects the players in week one of the move.

I think Stanford has a significant size/strength advantage over WSU, so we should match up much better, but we are also on the road...

If Donte only stresses two things this week, it should be discipline and not giving up when punched in the mouth. Assuming he can get that message across, we should come away with the W.

I will go USC 31- WSU 28

Reactions: TrojanFireHorse12

Refhater

Aug 29, 2017
Try this again! Free from Helton, let's go Donte!

Trojans win 38-14 ... Defense gets back on track and gets some sacks! Offense breaks out and finally hits on all cylinders! Might help to see what Dart can do!

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017
I’m gonna go out on a limb here and call it USC 35 - Kittys 17.

Donte will be getting some real emotion out of these guys. Something new for this team.

TrojanHorse

Aug 24, 2017
Reactions: SC2015Lev

SC2015Lev

Jun 1, 2019
I believe in CDW but you can't fix the discipline issues, lack of pass rush, and sh*tshow of an offense in 5 days

SC 21
WSU 20

JayBird23

Nov 17, 2018
USC 49
WSU 0

(What we need now is another controversy —How do you not promote Donte—lol) 😳

usc1011

Aug 24, 2017
USC 41 Wa St 40.......neither should be able to stop the other.....St is at home but we have Donte juice.

TrojanHorse

Aug 24, 2017
Here's an interesting take from CFN regarding the upcoming game...

"Instead of melting down, watch out for the Trojans to start playing looser and better. The defense will be okay, but it’s the offensive side that will quickly take over with a huge day from the passing attack."

Arthur Jury

Oct 31, 2018
Now that Reign of Mediocrity is over, I'll change my prediction to a USC win:

USC 31
WSU 21

Poobah

Aug 28, 2019
Tempted as I am to go glass half-full like usual, especially given the outstanding news that Gomer has left the building…and as bad as Washington State has looked…. If I were actually betting money on this game I definitely wouldn’t put my ducats on the Trojans beating the spread and I’ll take my prediction 1 step further and do the unthinkable.

USC - 16
Washington State - 17

I hope I’m wrong!