The O/NSO: Caleb enters USC transfer portal endgame, is the obvious the obvious? edition (On3+)

Yale

Sep 29, 2017
alternate that is also possible and makes little sense, could be he wants to wait to come after spring and wait for summer pre season practices and using that time to continue ...personally I wish he had just stayed at OK , and Dart was still all in for SC, I also think Dart could have competed with him ,but that is 'all over now' as the song goes.

SGVFlip

Nov 13, 2017
alternate that is also possible and makes little sense, could be he wants to wait to come after spring and wait for summer pre season practices and using that time to continue ...personally I wish he had just stayed at OK , and Dart was still all in for SC, I also think Dart could have competed with him ,but that is 'all over now' as the song goes.
Me too....wanted just Dart and Moss...

Then got excited with the CalebW portal...

Wished it never did happen....

Genie is out of the bottle now....College athletics will never be the same with this instant 1 time eligibility somewhere else....the art of building teams thru years of working hard together is a thing of the past...

Im not saying no one has the right to look out for themselves, but its another nail in the coffin...

eftzoons

Sep 12, 2021
BUT, if by 28th of January, it turns out Caleb ain't coming for sure, CAN Dart rush back into fold, kiss and make up, and have everything go back to where it was before our unfortunate Caleb obsession began? I would like that.

NG Doug

Sep 13, 2018
I think I agree with you Greg. I have the feeling he is not coming. I do not begrudge these kids the best offers they can get but at some point you’ve got to have confidence that your ability and hard work will get you where you want to go regardless of the school you go to. Seems like a prima donna. Poop or get off the pot. I would be more than happy with Dart or Moss.

gubo&palanka

Sep 23, 2017
He doesn’t care for the facilities…

Too bad he didn’t like our $10 million weight room. He needs a $30 million weight room, I guess.

Or maybe it’s those dreaded chairs in the McKay Center. Didn’t CLR replace them as soon as he started bringing in recruits?

By the way, how can the furniture in a new building already be outdated? lol

troypwr

Aug 24, 2017
Coming to Troy or not, CW is already on my last nerve. 2 weeks of school gone and we're supposed to believe that he can catch up with his classwork? Of course things will have to be catered for him and not just in the classroom but everywhere else. This already stinks. Are these guys who rack up big NIL dollars now immune from academic requirements and eligibility? Talk about extra pressure on professors. I'm good with Miller Moss, Mo Hassan and maybe a senior from the portal! If CW decides to enroll in the summer I'll probably have a different opinion but right now I don't like the trivializing of efforts put in by every other student /athlete getting their work done in school.

Reactions: Yale and uscfd

GilbertAZTrojan

Aug 24, 2017
Reports from Social Media tonight say the Caleb Williams to LSU rumors are completely dead. It's time for him to sign IMMEDIATELY or Lincoln Riley needs to rescind the offer and fully commit to Jaxon Dart. Karl Williams is the new Levar Ball.

Bilbo.usc

Jan 9, 2020
GK
agree with your comments 100% .. coach Riley has taken three castoffs from other schools and turned them into two Heisman winners and #1 draft picks . The other Jalen Hurst benefitted greatly from changing from Saban to Riley
If Williams is unsure about USC he needs to go somewhere else
We will be just fine
If he or is dad reads your column and our comments .. who cares

Merlin4SC

Jun 23, 2021
Well now Dart is gone and still no CW, so it must be on to plan C. I wouldn't expect CW to come back and tell us who' boss if Nike didn't pay him enough to be a Zero. with the BS head games, I don't really want him around here anyway. That is NOT the way to establish a relationship. Alpha Mike Foxtrot CW.

oldrondavis

Sep 6, 2021
Well now Dart is gone and still no CW, so it must be on to plan C. I wouldn't expect CW to come back and tell us who' boss if Nike didn't pay him enough to be a Zero. with the BS head games, I don't really want him around here anyway. That is NOT the way to establish a relationship. Alpha Mike Foxtrot CW.
go easy dude... but I hear ya

oldrondavis

Sep 6, 2021
GK
agree with your comments 100% .. coach Riley has taken three castoffs from other schools and turned them into two Heisman winners and #1 draft picks . The other Jalen Hurst benefitted greatly from changing from Saban to Riley
If Williams is unsure about USC he needs to go somewhere else
We will be just fine
If he or is dad reads your column and our comments .. who cares
How many doting dads got involved with USC recruiting and mostly to their son's detriment?
Hazelton?
there are a whole bunch more and I forget?
And we maybe dodged one with Jt Daniels daddy becasue the way I hear it when JT was injured and was cleared by Georgia medical to return the Daniels family doctor nixed it and said he need another week. That blew up in his face becasue it really pissed off Kirby Smart who would not give him a chance to play thereafter.
Parents are sometimes a kids biggest enemy.

Reactions: Cacadetoro

Cacadetoro

Feb 9, 2018
How many doting dads got involved with USC recruiting and mostly to their son's detriment?
Hazelton?
there are a whole bunch more and I forget?
And we maybe dodged one with Jt Daniels daddy becasue the way I hear it when JT was injured and was cleared by Georgia medical to return the Daniels family doctor nixed it and said he need another week. That blew up in his face becasue it really pissed off Kirby Smart who would not give him a chance to play thereafter.
Parents are sometimes a kids biggest enemy.
Reggie Bush's step-dad is on the top of my list.

M. Scott

Jan 15, 2022
Everything seems so obvious to me. Williams has been waiting to announce until right before the February signing deadline in order to create momentum. We already had momentum in December and January. We need it right before the signing deadline in order to create a signing bonanza. I’m all for that plan. We need momentum in the next few days, not two weeks ago.

oldrondavis

Sep 6, 2021
Everything seems so obvious to me. Williams has been waiting to announce until right before the February signing deadline in order to create momentum. We already had momentum in December and January. We need it right before the signing deadline in order to create a signing bonanza. I’m all for that plan. We need momentum in the next few days, not two weeks ago.
I really hope you are right😎

oldrondavis

Sep 6, 2021
Greg could all this have to do with LR not wanting to rape Oklahoma in the transfer Portal?
I have read several places that there are a lot of Sooner teamates ready jump to the portal as soon as CW commits to USC. As long as they dont know they stay where they are. Can you imagine such old fashioned honor in this?

GregKatz

WeAreSC Staff
Staff member
Aug 26, 2021
Greg could all this have to do with LR not wanting to rape Oklahoma in the transfer Portal?
I have read several places that there are a lot of Sooner teamates ready jump to the portal as soon as CW commits to USC. As long as they dont know they stay where they are. Can you imagine such old fashioned honor in this?
Hi oldrondavis. I think a lot could be happening in the coming days, and all is fair in love, war, and recruiting. If an Oklahoma player wants to come to USC, Riley won't tell him to go back to Oklahoma. That has already been proven. As of Tuesday, I stick with my prediction that it is unlikely that Caleb Williams will be a Trojan. Whether Williams is an LSU Tiger or a Wisconsin Badger, it remains USC and always somebody else and somebody else usually wins in most cases. I think that it's still possible even if CW doesn't come to USC then some Sooners might still transfer to USC. Since USC is in need of players on both sides of the ball in certain positions, there is opportunity there. Now if Caleb does come to USC, it makes it more likely that players from Oklahoma will transfer. There is no honor anymore; we live in a different world. Fight On! GK

M. Scott

Jan 15, 2022
hmmmm

Latest posts