The very worst possible hire

USCHusbandUCLAWife

Aug 24, 2017
Every time USC hires a head coach I end up being disappointed because I fall into the trap of thinking the administration and Board of Trustees care about football. This time, instead of imagining who the best hire would be, I'm going to imagine the worst. My top two are (1) Scott Wolf, and (2) Greta Thunberg. I know very little about Thunberg, and I'm all for sacrificing for the environment, but I think she probably knows almost nothing about American football and would become easily distracted plotting with Folt. They could go too far and take away shoulder pads, helmets, and the sprinklers on the practice fields.
Try to think of a worse possible hire.

jaycee993

Sep 2, 2021
Every time USC hires a head coach I end up being disappointed because I fall into the trap of thinking the administration and Board of Trustees care about football. This time, instead of imagining who the best hire would be, I'm going to imagine the worst. My top two are (1) Scott Wolf, and (2) Greta Thunberg. I know very little about Thunberg, and I'm all for sacrificing for the environment, but I think she probably knows almost nothing about American football and would become easily distracted plotting with Folt. They could go too far and take away shoulder pads, helmets, and the sprinklers on the practice fields.
Cant resist but his name rhymes with Hiden

Jay4usc

Jan 10, 2018
Scott Wolf just had a sex change procedure, so you do t have to worry about her.

eftzoons

Sep 12, 2021
LANE KFFIN, otherwise known as Goat Boy keeps popping up on USC board as this poster's or that's FAVORITE CANDIDATE for USC's next head coach, which gives me the willies -- and dyspepsia -- something fierce. Kiff sucks profoundly and must stay far, far, FAR away from USC or else I'll leap to my death from the nearest skyscraper. I cannot take it any longer. We must get ourselves A COMPETENT HEAD COACH, not some jerk dredged up from the murky past to be recycled again at a doomed, suicidal USC. Kiff should stay in SEC. But the last time he was in SEC or one of the last times, we hired him foolishly, and along he came to dear old Troy, bringing with him, er, Gomer the great. Kiff began and also set the tone for Trojan failure and humiliation over the following 12 years. And someone WANTS HIM BACK??!!! MADNESS!

Last edited:

denali15

Aug 28, 2017
LANE KFFIN, otherwise known as Goat Boy keeps popping up on USC board as this poster's or that's FAVORITE CANDIDATE for USC's next head coach, which gives me the willies -- and dyspepsia -- something fierce. Kiff sucks profoundly and must stay far, far, FAR away from USC or else I'll leap to my death from the nearest skyscraper. I cannot take it any longer. We must get ourselves A COMPETENT HEAD COACH, not some jerk dredged up from the murky past to be recycled again at a doomed, suicidal USC. Kiff should stay in SEC. But the last time he was in SEC or one of the last times, we hired him foolishly, and along he came to dear old Troy, bringing with him, er, Gomer the great. Kiff began and also set the tone for Trojan failure and humiliation over the following 12 years. And someone WANTS HIM BACK??!!! MADNESS!

You keep saying that, but no one here is rooting for Kiffen. Not sure where you're getting that.

USCFourLife

May 19, 2019
You are all wrong the correct answer is anybody from the Kim Helton coaching tree. This would include TYSON and the granddaddy of them all CLAY!

tjfan001

Aug 24, 2017
Wait a minute….Don’t you remember all those “Return to Glory” shirts from the 2002 USC/ND game? 😉
I don't remember the shirts but I do remember that game. That game started as a very good first half played by Tyrone-led Fighting Irishes. They had a blocked punt and built a 13-10 lead before we turned around in the second half.

eftzoons

Sep 12, 2021
Looks like a combination of nasty hillbilly' jargon, risible faux generals like Mark Milley, who carries on like a stone commie spy and with a face on him that could stop ten clocks, Hannibal's very WIFE could never really love him, loathing the foolishness of being hitched to a gorilla at a low budget farce of a wedding. What a cruel world we live in.

Reactions: jaycee993

Arhedge

Staff member
Aug 24, 2017
Greta has fire in her belly. She's a child and a nut, but she'd be an upgrade.

I'd like to see Bohn make a run at Monte Kiffin, but I'm not sure he's far enough over the hill yet. He might be the next hire after this one.

So I vote for the "Boom goes the dynamite" kid.

You need to be a master communicator to motivate today's players, and you need to be savvy with the media to coach in LA. This is our guy. Besides, even in this clip, he was better at his job than Graham Harrell is at his.

trojan raul

Aug 24, 2017
Yes...Greta will make a great coach. You don't F with Greta. Scratch all the candidates. Hire her and get the ball rolling on recruiting!

DaFireMedic

Aug 24, 2017
I don't remember the shirts but I do remember that game. That game started as a very good first half played by Tyrone-led Fighting Irishes. They had a blocked punt and built a 13-10 lead before we turned around in the second half.
“Return to Glory” kinda became the Domer’s battle cry after they started the season 8-0. It only went downhill for them from there. I was at that game with a friend who was an ND fan. He had that shirt, and I saw quite a few others there with them as well.

eftzoons

Sep 12, 2021
I get more confused with every passing day, trying to figure out just WHAT Bohn is looking for in a new head coach.

DaFireMedic

Aug 24, 2017
I get more confused with every passing day, trying to figure out just WHAT Bohn is looking for in a new head coach.
We are going to speculate on into December. It’s fun, and that’s what Internet forums are for. But none of has any real info on what Bohn’s plan is, who he has in mind, what he is prepared to offer, and who he may or may not pursue. And we likely won’t have any of this info until December.

I’ve accepted this, makes life as a USC fan a lot easier.

Reactions: Pudly76

EugeneTrojan

Aug 24, 2017
Conquest4ever
^^^^^^ This
Helton would be OC….again. His dad would be qbs coach, his brother would be wrs coach and they wouldn’t have anyone on the defensive side of the ball to continue the family tradition of never playing defense.
Oh…and miss angela would be lead song girl.
The worst part wouldn’t be the offense, the defense, or the song girls, it would be conquest constantly rocking a semi the whole game surrounded by that many heltons.

Latest posts