There's Hope.

TrojanGiftHorse

Jan 31, 2018
Public service announcement: This is still an upper-echelon academic institution trapped in the middle of liberal Los Angeles. Dudes with checkered pasts (especially with matters involving women and abuse) and questionable morality are going to get cancelled.

JayBird23

Nov 17, 2018
This is a story. A popular one being floated around— Bohn wanted Urban. Urban wanted USC. Folt said no. Bohn gave up and, out of time, regrettably kept Helton.

Now USC is way down and no big-name coach wants the job. Not Fickell, not Franklin, no one. So we will just have to take what we can get.

Stories! They are all just stories. Time will tell what really happens and USC has been down before and we have risen to the top before.

Sure, if Folt leaves SC and Urban leaves the NFL and then becomes our coach I will accept that. But I am sure that’s not the only way we can be successful again.

Right now I am just going to support our team win or lose and make the best of it.

Beat the Buffs!

eftzoons

Sep 12, 2021
No it's called URBAN FREAKING MEYER in 2022. But I guess I'd settle for James Franklin at this point, however, unless URBS keeps losing so bad in NFL where he doesn't really belong in the first place. Again, freaking Carol Folt and what she did to nix Urbs two years ago, when we could have gotten him. Most of the rest of the "candidates" look to be shrivelling up, but I hope I am wrong. I do think Franklin can work wonders, however, as he did at Vandy. And if anyone could fix Vandy for a couple of years in the SEC, then he can fix our dreadful mess too, more than likely.

But Urbs wrote an 89 page manual, PERFECT for a how to fix a college team and make it thrive bigtime -- well in the pros it is receiving no attention whatever, and the jaded Jaguar plutocrats want no truck with it. Bring that manual to USC, please.

Last edited:

DaFireMedic

Aug 24, 2017
Now USC is way down and no big-name coach wants the job. Not Fickell, not Franklin, no one. So we will just have to take what we can get.
I realize that this is a story and not necessarily your thoughts. But I see USC as more desirable an HC job than ever.

The reason is because USC IS way down, and while it wouldn’t be completely accurate to say “there is no way to go but up”, whoever the new HC is will have plenty of resources to rebuild, more than all but a handful of schools in the country. And he would still have a load of 4 and 5 star players to work with and develop.

I would argue that nowhere in the country is there a better opportunity to build a college football contender. Hopefully the top HC candidates see it this way.

TroyBill

Aug 24, 2017
Get ready for the $h!t to hit the fan. You will see transfers and a bunch of decommits. The damage done to this program will impact our program for years. These recruits and players can read. The present staff has not developed our players to get to the next level. A harsh reality is that kids go to big programs so that they get exposed to the scouts with a chance to play on Sunday. We missed that boat long ago. It is now paying us back in negative dividends.

Reactions: AZUSCfan

eftzoons

Sep 12, 2021
Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah!!!!! THAT's the ticket! But, again, is there even a ghost of chance that he'll leave the pros this year and potentially be in POSITION to accept the USC head coaching job if Bohn can offer it? That 89 page culture change manual he wrote for the Jags, which the Jags are reportedly scoffing at, all those spoiled, jaded billionare players. Rich Jag roster might not listen to Meyer's attempts to teach culture change, but Good Loord, he'd make our Trojan roster listen REAL, REAL ATTENTIVELY or roast the rum lot of them that DIDN'T. Roast 'em good. He'd instill FEAR!!! And consequently superb excellence sooner rather than later, IMHO.

Redondo Beach SC

Aug 24, 2017
Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah!!!!! THAT's the ticket! But, again, is there even a ghost of chance that he'll leave the pros this year and potentially be in POSITION to accept the USC head coaching job if Bohn can offer it? That 89 page culture change manual he wrote for the Jags, which the Jags are reportedly scoffing at, all those spoiled, jaded billionare players. Rich Jag roster might not listen to Meyer's attempts to teach culture change, but Good Loord, he'd make our Trojan roster listen REAL, REAL ATTENTIVELY or roast the rum lot of them that DIDN'T. Roast 'em good. He'd instill FEAR!!! And consequently superb excellence sooner rather than later, IMHO.
Urban Meyer is in the twilight of his career. How does he want to go out? Does he think his leadership style translate to the pros? Does he like managing millionaire adults? Doesn't look like it so far, if he can accept the fact that that's okay because it's a different type of job maybe he leaves. Outside of ND I don't think there's another job he'd take in college football. USC is open right now. I don't know if he takes it, I don't even know if we'd hire him, but if it's on the table he's obviously thinking about it.

eftzoons

Sep 12, 2021
Well there is the Petrino precedent. And then there is the Saban precedent, not as wildly weird as the Petrino precedent, but pretty wild, just the same. And here we have, as stunning examples, two of the greatest coaches ever period, at ANY level, first Saban straying into the no fun league, and quickly discovering it was not for him, and hopefully Meyer right now discovering the exact same thing. And the Domer job looks booked right now for few more years under its now record breaking coach, Brian Kelly, leaving USC open at just the most opertune time, IF Meyer really wishes to push the eject button and pull a Petrino.

So there are at least a couple of factoids in our potential favor despite all the bleakness that exists right now today. Things DO change, luckily. They do always change. And we just might get some WONDERFUL change. We just might. Damn, and don't we derserve it after so many years of misery. I am under no illusions that Meyer would stay tremendously long, but what MIGHT keep him at Troy is a burning desire to do what not even Saban has done, and that is winning nattys at THREE different schools. Suppose Urbs pulls that off. Weeeeeeee. Then he and USC could part VERY amicably, USC largely restored to its legendary status and relevance and in terrific shape to make another great hire.

CSC96

Apr 29, 2020
Urban loses again and goes 0-3. Jags 1-15 last year … this is a bad team. On no planet is Kliff Kingsbury a better coach than Urban. With CFB, recruiting and player development win out. Urban very good in those areas. NFL success based on the draft, development, and other variables.

Redondo Beach SC

Aug 24, 2017
Urban loses again and goes 0-3. Jags 1-15 last year … this is a bad team. On no planet is Kliff Kingsbury a better coach than Urban. With CFB, recruiting and player development win out. Urban very good in those areas. NFL success based on the draft, development, and other variables.
Urban's a college football coach. He's a leader of men in the military sense. He's obviously contemplating The NFL millionaire player experience versus molding young men.

Redondo Beach SC

Aug 24, 2017
Red we don’t agree much but this is one thing I 100% agree with you. Urban is the only HC that can change USC in 2 years. Hire him before early signing day and save this class.
Maybe Chris Peterson... But Urban is gold. I can tell you as a veteran he's the company commander you want. He's the guy that anybody will follow in the battle. He has that it quality. He's the alpha general we need. It would be an amazing final act for him and for us.

Reactions: TrojanMoniker

BSALKA

Aug 24, 2017
Urban is better suited for Collage then the pro's but can he be lured to USC ? Will USC have the courage to even try to hire him and is he interested in USC ?

Redondo Beach SC

Aug 24, 2017
Urban is better suited for Collage then the pro's but can he be lured to USC ? Will USC have the courage to even try to hire him and is he interested in USC ?
It will take a masterpiece in terms of media manipulation. Mike Bohn will have to figure out his A game. Urban definitely prefers the USC job over Jacksonville. I think Notre Dame is the only other job he'd take. That being said, USC is the ultimate encore. A chance to win his fourth national championship with his third team. A chance to helm the program that he admired under Pete Carroll from afar. A mic drop opportunity.

BSALKA

Aug 24, 2017
It will take a masterpiece in terms of media manipulation. Mike Bohn will have to figure out his A game. Urban definitely prefers the USC job over Jacksonville. I think Notre Dame is the only other job he'd take. That being said, USC is the ultimate encore. A chance to win his fourth national championship with his third team. A chance to helm the program that he admired under Pete Carroll from afar. A mic drop opportunity.
Some time the impossible is possible !!!!! Fight On

Reactions: Redondo Beach SC

zitorocks

Aug 24, 2017
We need to start a gofundme to raise money to buy Urban out of his Jax contract. I guarantee if we raised a few million, it would get notice of the administration how serious we are about getting the right person for the job.

TrojanMoniker

Aug 29, 2017
Maybe Chris Peterson... But Urban is gold. I can tell you as a veteran he's the company commander you want. He's the guy that anybody will follow in the battle. He has that it quality. He's the alpha general we need. It would be an amazing final act for him and for us.
I'd agree on Peterson in terms of raw coaching, but i don't know if anyone could generate the instant recruiting and excitement that Urban would bring. Hope the jags keep losing 🙏🤞

eftzoons

Sep 12, 2021
WHAT a fabulous clip that was as a sample of the elite, elite caliber of one Urban freaking Meyer. Makes you dream enormous dreams.

UscTrojanglory

Sep 7, 2017
Red we don’t agree much but this is one thing I 100% agree with you. Urban is the only HC that can change USC in 2 years. Hire him before early signing day and save this class.
If Franklin can turn around 2–10 Vandy within a year he can do the same at SC. It took him 2 years to turn around Penn State. If Stoops can turn around 5-6 Oklahoma he can do the same at SC. Urban is not the only one who can do this.

Now I agree he’s the best candidate bar none. He has no peer amongst the candidates but people are continually selling Franklin and Stoops short when the evidence clearly shows their capability.

Trojack

Aug 24, 2017
Do you think we can somehow still get Urban? He is, admittedly, THE ONE.

Absolutely. He hires himself and runs a parallel program to the one the university runs. We can call it USC #1 and USC #2, just like Tommy's Burgers.

conquest4ever81

Sep 2, 2017
We need to start a gofundme to raise money to buy Urban out of his Jax contract. I guarantee if we raised a few million, it would get notice of the administration how serious we are about getting the right person for the job.
It will take much more than a few million.

Reactions: Fight On Era

zitorocks

Aug 24, 2017
It will take much more than a few million.
I wasn't insinuating that what is raised by the fans would be enough money, but what I am trying to say is that raising a few million would get the attention of the administration to make it happen. It would merely be a tack on to what USC would pay.

TrojanHorse

Aug 24, 2017
Even if they could get Urban approved to make him an offer...we are probably one year too late and one year too early.