THREE BIG THINGS I am not yet convinced about.

eftzoons

Sep 12, 2021
One, that UCLA has proven it is a world beater because LSU looks suspiciously weak to me this year. Second, That Oregon has also not yet proven to me at least that it is a world beater either because I am yet to be persuaded that Ohio State is quite up to snuff this year. And thirdly, that Urban Meyers "no chance" statements concerrning coming to USC are in the slightest convincing but rather, on the other hand, absurdly underwhelming.

I don't get why so many take his words on face value, since when in the past have his denials EVER been proven, at bottom, solid or resolute? I just saw a big blowup of his denial on you tube, and he not only stares down at his shoes for most of his "no chance" double talk, it is almost impossible to clearly hear his followup balderdash about wanting to turn Jaguars into some sort of perennial NFL juggernaut, or whatever, which I do NOT believe HE believes for one freaking second.

He mumbles all this so inaudibly that it is almost comical. Plus, I have never seen Urban look so profoundly unhappy and depressed when uttering ANYTHING. I think he HATES his current gig. I think it SADDENS him painfully when he ponders what a delectable chance he missed out on at USC, largely because of the dreadfully pushy and woke and P.C. and atrociously football IGNORANT Carrol Folt, whose days, happily, might just be numbered now at USC. In any case she seems to have fallen off her erstwhile bullsh*t high horse to a significant extent. So Mike Bohn, stay ON this freaking dude like his shadow. Enormous cracks are ALREADY evident in his conspicuously tepid "denial"

I believe he is secretly dying to say YES to you, Mike Bohn, and to have the delicious chance to farm the richest recruiting grounds in all creation like a freaking god and to tower over all other coaches in college football history to the extent that he can become the SOLE college coach to have won a natty at THREE DIFFERENT VENUES. Even Nick Saban cannot claim to have done THAT. You think that doesn't haunt the nooks and crannies of his soul? You think it more fun for him, more satisfying, to get humiliatingly pummelled from pillar to post in the No Fun League on a butt ugly doormat of a team lying in some remote and irrelevant outpost of rednecked nowheresville, when his wife loves the sparkle and weather and excitement of L.A.?

Last edited:
Reactions: FIGHTONSC

DaFireMedic

Aug 24, 2017
None of those are for sure. UCLA and Oregon both must do more if they are to be seen as “world beaters”, but they are off to very good starts. Let’s see where they are later in the season.

I still see Meyer as very much a long shot as far as coming to USC, but I don’t think his answer can be taken as absolute just based on the nature of coaching job decisions.

Reactions: FIGHTONSC

Bogey Bud

Sep 3, 2021
Look, UM would be great for SC - in the short term. He'd quickly bring us back to national prominence, set up top level recruiting, and hire top assistants. The problem is, his health or burn-out issues would have him gone in three years, then we're back on the coaching carousel with all the upheaval that brings. I'm hoping for a younger top level guy that will be here 10-20 years.

DaFireMedic

Aug 24, 2017
I'm hoping for a younger top level guy that will be here 10-20 years.
I agree, though I only want a guy here for that long if he has us competing for NC’s, and occasionally winning one. I don’t want a guy who wins 10 or 11 games each year but never comes close to an NC.

SCnAZ

Aug 24, 2017
It’s early, ugly hasn’t played a real football team yet!! Yes I know, OVERATED

eftzoons

Sep 12, 2021
Yess, I think overated, at least from what I have seen. But maybe they are better than they've looked to me, lol!

Latest posts