Today's Shootings

TrojanGiftHorse

Jan 31, 2018
  • Wow
Reactions: Rodgarnay51

aimeedee

Aug 25, 2017
Funny how the left was going to be absolutely buried in the upcoming election, and now all these shootings are happening. Desperate measures I suppose
Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

Torch901

Sep 6, 2020

aimeedee

Aug 25, 2017
Funny how the left was going to be absolutely buried in the upcoming election, and now all these shootings are happening. Desperate measures I suppose
Now? When is the last time you didn't question the timing of shooting? Oh yeah -- when you congratulated candidate Trump after the Pulse shooting.

Cacadetoro

Feb 9, 2018
So with all of this trolling it still comes down to bad or demented individuals. You have one variable and that is guns. It is all because of guns. Don't blame lack of enforcement of our laws or criminals or crazies. PEOPLE ARE THE PROBLEM! There is absolutely no evidence that banning certain types of gun in the US will change the outcomes. Criminals and fanatics don't care about the laws. I do like extended background checks, waiting periods, and even waiting until you are 21 to buy certain guns. People use the argument that you can serve your country at 18. The difference is that you get training in small arms in the military. Another issue is body armor. If you are hunting with Dick Cheney I can understand it. But doesn't red flags come up when a young person non-military orders body armor from some place? So we take away 9mm and AR15 weapons, what guarantee that it won't stop there if this does not work? I am not in the group that thinks that they are going to take all weapons away. But, having been on this earth a lot longer than most on this board I have learned not to trust our legislators. I am old enough to remember Harry Truman.

Cacadetoro

Feb 9, 2018
I have fired almost every small arm the military has up to and including the 50 Cal. I was an expert with the .45. I do not own a gun today. It is not that I am against owning guns. The only variable for the antigun people is the gun. Nothing else matters. It is nothing but foolishness. People are the problem. When they banned "assault weapons" back in 1994 it did not change anything. Criminals and crazies could care less about gun free zones. Every time we have a mass shooting people lose their minds. We have more murders and gun incidents in our urban areas by far than any mass shooting both in numbers and frequency. Bad people who are intent on murder will choose another method to kill (and there are many) if the will is there. I am all for extended background checks, waiting periods, better social media monitoring and even upping the age to purchase AR style weapons on a trial basis to see if any of this stuff works. If you look at the statistics it is hand guns that have done more of the damage than ARs when looking at total shooting incidents.

DaFireMedic

Aug 24, 2017

Prescott Trojan

Nov 29, 2021
Absolutely. This guy was a criminal and in 2020 had been convicted of a gun charge. Gascon has totally ignored the 3 strikes your out laws. When you have cities that do not enforce the law this is what happens.
That gun charge was also when he was on parole. He should have gone straight back to prison. Instead he got 20 days in county jail and 2 years probation. There is no excuse.

Gold Trojan

Aug 27, 2017
Are these mass shootings or gang related shootings? I feel that there should be a distinction.

Cacadetoro

Feb 9, 2018
Are these mass shootings or gang related shootings? I feel that there should be a distinction.
Of course they are. I would bet more of these mentioned in the last troll were a result of hand guns. I want to see how Torchy thinks if we ban guns that this will have any effect on this kind of violence. I want to see how Torchy thinks if we ban guns that this will have any effect on this kind gang violence. The anti-gun people's solution is to punish everyone for the sins of a few. Think about. the percentage of responsible people who own guns and the small number by percentage who use guns to kill. I am not trying to minimize the shootings but the proposal is tantamount to punishing a Chinese child in the 21st century for the millions of deaths caused by Mao in the last century.

Last edited:

DaFireMedic

Aug 24, 2017
I want to see how Torchy thinks if we ban guns that this will have any effect on this kind gang violence. The anti-gun people's solution is to punish everyone for the sins of a few. Think about. the percentage of responsible people who own guns and the small number by percentage who use guns to kill. I am not trying to minimize the shootings but the proposal is tantamount to punishing a Chinese child in the 21st century for the millions of deaths cause by Mao.

7A2DA93E-39CF-4F84-91FE-54D34AB1211B.jpeg

Latest posts