'Twas my 13th birthday...

WSTLion87

Oct 10, 2021
Saturday, November 28, 1981... I woke up early and saw the frost on my bedroom window. Then, I went out and delivered my papers. I got chased by the neighbor's nasty German Shepherd all the way down the street. When I was done, I got ready to go to the middle school for my jr. high wrestling scrimmage. (It is a brutal sport if you are nice guy. Sadly, I am a nice guy.) Afterwards, my friend and I waited for his mother to come pick us up in front of the school. As she opened her car door before we could speak, she said... I just turned it off... Marino threw another touchdown pass and it's 14-0. (This is going to be an awful birthday, I thought!) We rode home with the radio off... I got to my house and the gifts were on the kitchen table (Rolling Stones 45 rpm Start Me Up and Kaboom! Activision cartridge). My mother in the living room (passed this last May) said.. Don't even come in here... Pitt's got the ball and they're moving at will... It's a massacre in the making! The good news is we have a Carvel cake and your aunt and uncle are taking you for your first lobster tail dinner tonight. Well, I walked into the living room and saw Roger Jackson pick off Marino in the end zone. That was the very beginning of my GREATEST BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION EVER! In the words of Meat Loaf, "Well, it was long ago and it was far away... And, it was so much better than it is today!"

PSU65

Oct 10, 2021
Saturday, November 28, 1981... I woke up early and saw the frost on my bedroom window. Then, I went out and delivered my papers. I got chased by the neighbor's nasty German Shepherd all the way down the street. When I was done, I got ready to go to the middle school for my jr. high wrestling scrimmage. (It is a brutal sport if you are nice guy. Sadly, I am a nice guy.) Afterwards, my friend and I waited for his mother to come pick us up in front of the school. As she opened her car door before we could speak, she said... I just turned it off... Marino threw another touchdown pass and it's 14-0. (This is going to be an awful birthday, I thought!) We rode home with the radio off... I got to my house and the gifts were on the kitchen table (Rolling Stones 45 rpm Start Me Up and Kaboom! Activision cartridge). My mother in the living room (passed this last May) said.. Don't even come in here... Pitt's got the ball and they're moving at will... It's a massacre in the making! The good news is we have a Carvel cake and your aunt and uncle are taking you for your first lobster tail dinner tonight. Well, I walked into the living room and saw Roger Jackson pick off Marino in the end zone. That was the very beginning of my GREATEST BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION EVER! In the words of Meat Loaf, "Well, it was long ago and it was far away... And, it was so much better than it is today!"
What an awesome birthday! And happy birthday.

IANit

Oct 6, 2021
I was 12 and was at that game. Almost as good as winning a national championship. You realize you share a birthday with Jackie Sherrill, right?

• Haha
Reactions: Tom McAndrew

Fortheglory612

Nov 2, 2021
Happy birthday! What a great memory! My roommate and best friend from psu’s bday is today too. Must be a good date to be born

Latest posts