USC run over by Oregon State, 45-27 (On3+)

AMLTrojan

Aug 24, 2017
Went to bed at halftime, woke up and watched the first couple series of the second half. Dismayed to see nothing had changed from the first half. Randomly skipped ahead to see if that pattern held and, yup, 42-17.

This team is a flaming dumpster fire. I didn't think it was possible for a team with so many four-star players to play this bad, but yep.

Will we even have a winning season? Who will we play that's as possibly as inept as we are?

Yale

Sep 29, 2017
TRAMPLED by the real thundering herd...I see 4 more losses at least. That hellton cancer has rotted this team for 6 yrs ,it will take a 'real' head coach to fix this over at least 2 years---oh well this is what happens when people ignore the truth, how many people will now tolerate a 1/2 assed search?

TroyBill

Aug 24, 2017
TRAMPLED by the real thundering herd...I see 4 more losses at least. That hellton cancer has rotted this team for 6 yrs ,it will take a 'real' head coach to fix this over at least 2 years---oh well this is what happens when people ignore the truth, how many people will now tolerate a 1/2 assed search?
It was even more embarrassing being at the game watching this mess. We were awful on offense and defense. I am not sure how you could get any worse. This game was not even close. Had it not been for some stupid penalties by OSU the score would have been worse.

1949elias

Aug 24, 2017
Look you can blame CH or anyone you want but the truth is anyone with half a brain could tell before the season we were screwed because we had no NT or DT'S . Everyone is going to run up the middle from here till the end of the season. You look at teams like Alabama or Notre Dame and USC the difference is they keep their draft eligible players in school , USC does not . In Alabama they pay more than the NFL , What would USC look like if we kept all our players in school for 4 or 5 years ? The first thing is our DL would have Jay T and Marlon T as 4 year starter .and our OL would have 2 # 1 draft picks starting in Austin Jackson and ATV . Our WR'S would all be draft picks and our RB would be the starter from Super Bowl Champions . I do not blame CH or anyone else , until we recruit to the level of PC and have the depth we had during that period we are always going to have problems...

usc1011

Aug 24, 2017
Frankly, I posted on another site that OSU would win. No surprise. We don't have lines on either side......aside from the nonsense posted in the summer about our great defense, it is a shambles......and most of us knew it in our hearts. Big talented OL are tearing us apart. As I posted elsewhere, OSU has 4 starters on their line with pac 12 honors last year. Their center and one tackle were first or second team. All starters returned. Stanford has a big line...again.
On the positive.....mostly easy fix.
Get Sopher and Foreman healthy and hold onto those great DL recruits we have coming, get our freshman OLB with speed in the game and add more, make Drake Jackson a lineman, hold on to the CB recruits, make Steele a safety. On O, bring in a few O tackles and JC heavies, get some speed at RB that is sitting on the bench in the game, London should get his share of targets but get Ford and the speed receivers in the game plan. Slovis should be benched if Moss is ready, if not wait till Dart is ready.
Until we get a DL that can stop a quality OL expect more losses. It is a throw away year. Develop talent. I don't know what Donte has been told about his future but I hope he has no illusions about making this team a top level team this year.
Most Important.....hire a great coach. IMO we're just one year from being a team capable of winning the south, two years from playing with Oregon....with the right coach that will recruit and knows how to coach football.

TommyT

Aug 24, 2017
There’s a pretty good article on the Atlantic about all the damage clueless did to USC.
Here’s an excerpt:

Here was their section on player evaluation:

In some instances, the Trojans signed players who were simply overrated by the recruiting services.
“They’re over-ranked,” the parent of the former Trojan and current NFL player said. “And then the machine perpetuates it because they go, ‘Hey, who has the most five-stars?’ Everybody wants to have the most five-star athletes. It doesn’t matter if a guy is a five-star or not. … So they get all these guys on their team but they’re not good football players.”
“USC always is gonna be ranked top 10 in recruiting but that’s because when you commit to USC you’re all of a sudden ‘a great’ recruit,’” one of the former assistants said. “We had coaches in the building who knew the guys at (the recruiting sites) and they’d call them, ‘Hey I need you to rate this kid as a 4-star before I take his commitment.’ That’s the way that stuff works.
“If we signed 25 kids there were 10 of them that were that way. We had so many (four and five-star guys) who were just terrible. We signed one five-star linebacker and he would’ve been a really good player 30 years ago when it was just going from A-gap to A-gap but not these days when you gotta go tackle perimeter screens now and go sideline to sideline. Look at all those cats that Alabama is running around with. Saban turns down 10 five-stars a year because he knows they’re not good enough.”

Last edited:

Troianus Acies

Aug 24, 2017
USC goes from the "H and H Circus Show" which failed badly to the 2fer shows of "The Walking Dead Doughnut Hole Defense Show" and the "Harrell Offensive Coordination Horror Show."

There are years worth of the same old plays, schemes, lack of a running game, poor coaching, poor plays, an offensive line that IS offensive in performance and a load more produced by Harrell the Airhead, Air Raid, Master of Ceremonies, As for the Doughnut defense, there are more holes than doughnut in the run defense while the backfield and pass defense conduct a going out of business sale with giveaways of wide open running lanes and ten yard diameter receiving circles.

Was there no one available to view Oregon States previous three games on film and design a defense against them? Or was the person or persons responsible for that totally incompetent?

As usual, there were no new changes, new additions, new plays designed against Oregon States defense, new running plays, or any other form of game preparation employed by the offensive coordinator and others to develop a game plan of any kind.

Along with all of the above, the fans got a real dose of halftime adjustments from the coaching staff of U.S.C. that resulted in 3rd and 36 yards to go downs, as well as, the usual fumbles and interceptions from a once mighty Q.B., that resembles a poorly programmed, stand still and pass only, robot. I.M.H.O., Ked is and has been damaged by the Q.B. coaches under AIr Head Harrell and his offense, who have handled him since he arrived at USC.

I truly love the Trojan team and the Trojan family but have reached my wits end with the recent line of athletic directors, coaches, USC board members, woke fried Folts, and the decline of what was once one of the best football programs in America. Add to this the current woke assault of the radical agenda upon curricula, conservative professors, and historic USC standards of education over indoctrination and it becomes very difficult to continue to support this beloved educational institution and its glorious history in academics and sports. But, soldier on I shall. . ."Fight On for USC"

Tamatoa916

Aug 24, 2017
Here was their section on player evaluation:
wow just nailed it….these coaches get to pick and their evaluations have been off…that those ranking services would just bump kids, not go and actually rate them fairly is why some of the star system sucks…

Reactions: Housie62

Merlin4SC

Jun 23, 2021
AS with the common theme here, our priorities have been seriously out of whack and this time we got whacked by a team with supposedly inferior talent.

Incoming coach must go back to basics and work it hard like CPC did. Recruit your needs and start in the trenches. Teach them fundamentals and discipline. Take care of the football. Don't ask them to do stuff they cannot execute. Then be a rah rah and support them with everything you've got.

Oh yeah - almost forgot, and if the Beaves think taking a knee on their last down is going to keep us from mercilessly pounding the utter craapp out of them next year, forgheddaboudit! That running score up field goal is all the bulletin board material we need, and that freakin chain saw they brought.

Last edited:
Reactions: sctrojan2006

Merlin4SC

Jun 23, 2021
"We just have to find a way to be better."

-- gRAHAM hARRELL

Does he know what that means? He has resorted to using his former boss' platitudes after an epic meltdown.
This might be worse than Monte Kiffins record setting home debacle against the zeros because they were supposed to be a good team
and we played toe-to-toe with them on offense. Yes, it's unfortunate that our Dart of lightning in a bottle was extinguished, but to have
no game plan like this was pathetic and stupid. I think we all knew that air raid BS was not a fit for us. It appeared to be a Claydough gimmick
to keep the paychecks coming another year. Perhaps we'll have coaching auditions on campus this week....

1632679841433.png

Last edited:

Trojansare1

Dec 30, 2017
They have to fire that whole staff and bring in everyone fresh they need a new head coach with a new staff of his own.

Reactions: Yale

mngtscrwdup

Sep 30, 2017
The stink of Helton cant be shed in 2 weeks. It might take 2 years to get rid of the Helton stink.

What we are seeing is what corruption looks like. Helton pursued his own interests relentlessly and was enabled by a bunch of USC bureaucrats whose own power was increased by Helton's fake personality. How many players with an NFL future will lose millions because of Clay Helton? How many lies have USC leadership told to facilitate keeping Helton?

We really cant expect that this bunch of misfit coaches can turn around this team. Sorry, but the air raid philosophy has completely dismantled the practice philosophy that is required to create a solid team. The ineptness of the offensive line is a multi-year fix and can only be accomplished once they have a top o-line coach. Oregon State has a great o-line coach and he demolished the Trojans defensive line.

The lack of a decent running attack and o-line has also crippled our defensive unit, as they never get to practice against an effective run game. There is very little effective pressure by our decimated defensive line.

Tamatoa916

Aug 24, 2017
"We just have to find a way to be better."

-- gRAHAM hARRELL

Does he know what that means? He has resorted to using his former boss' platitudes after an epic meltdown.
This might be worse than Monte Kiffins record setting home debacle against the zeros because they were supposed to be a good team
and we played toe-to-toe with them on offense. Yes, it's unfortunate that our Dart of lightning in a bottle was extinguished, but to have
no game plan like this was pathetic and stupid. I think we all knew that air raid BS was not a fit for us. It appeared to be a Claydough gimmick
to keep the paychecks coming another year. Perhaps we'll have coaching auditions on campus this week....

View attachment 154402
He’s trolling the USC fans.

Yale

Sep 29, 2017
Look you can blame CH or anyone you want but the truth is anyone with half a brain could tell before the season we were screwed because we had no NT or DT'S . Everyone is going to run up the middle from here till the end of the season. You look at teams like Alabama or Notre Dame and USC the difference is they keep their draft eligible players in school , USC does not . In Alabama they pay more than the NFL , What would USC look like if we kept all our players in school for 4 or 5 years ? The first thing is our DL would have Jay T and Marlon T as 4 year starter .and our OL would have 2 # 1 draft picks starting in Austin Jackson and ATV . Our WR'S would all be draft picks and our RB would be the starter from Super Bowl Champions . I do not blame CH or anyone else , until we recruit to the level of PC and have the depth we had during that period we are always going to have problems...
Under hellton sc was not getting the linemen , and Ore St had lower ranked recruits by a large margin, and they demolished sc...COACHING MATTERS, and it starts at the top

Latest posts