Uvalde School Shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

xuscx

Aug 24, 2017
You arm your allies ..... you disarm your enemies.
- - - - - - - - - -
What happens when you disarm the citizens ?

1911: Turkey; citizens disarmed – 1.5 million Armenians were slaughtered
1929: Russia; citizens disarmed – 20 million Russians murdered
1935: China; citizens disarmed – 20 million Chinese killed
1938: Germany; citizens disarmed – 6 million Jews murdered
1956: Cambodia; citizens disarmed – 1 million “intellectuals” killed
1964: Guatemala; citizens disarmed – 100,000 Mayan Indians massacred
1970: Uganda; citizens disarmed – 300,000 Christians put to death

Now I am sure you will say "it can't happen here". Why can't it. Because the Government said so ?

My Dad spent 30+ years in the military, fought in Saipan and Okinawa, decorated in each campaign. When he retired, the Government gave him a signed a document that the US Government would take care of his and my Mom's medical care at no charge for the rest of their lives. Did they, of course not. They denied the benefits they promised in writing.
You think the Government won't lie to you .......... best think again.
who is pushing for disarm.

Here is what we have now. Say a person goes in and buys a Maserati or a 16 wheeler. with no experience, no training, no insurance, no license, just goes in and starts driving and crashes and kills 19 people. Would anyone be upset.

The Tulsa shooter bought his rifle 3 hours before shooting

DaFireMedic

Aug 24, 2017
When he retired, the Government gave him a signed a document that the US Government would take care of his and my Mom's medical care at no charge for the rest of their lives. Did they, of course not. They denied the benefits they promised in writing.
The VA did the same to my Dad. He didn’t need any of the VA benefits from his service in Korea until the last year of his life, when he was now dependent on others for his care.

He was told he’d have assistance from the VA in staying in an assisted living facility. They told him it would take 6 months to process his application, then he would be reimbursed for the facility for those 6 months and he would start receiving assistance. But after 6 months, no word from the VA.

My sister and I went to the VA to see what was happening, where they told us that the copy of his honorable discharge that we had sent was not a clear copy (I saw it, it was perfectly clear and readable), and that once he got that to them they could process his application. Oh, and it would take another 6 months. Yet no notification of this?

A little over a year after he had requested help and submitted the application, he passed away. The VA, through red tape and deception that I believe was intentional, had outlasted him and no longer needed to provide any assistance.

No. Do NOT trust the government.

xuscx

Aug 24, 2017
Not yet. But the concern is that it never stops at just a little.
Republicans have the votes to control what passes. What is the big issue of passing some safety sensible laws that will save lives. What I see it is a big power trip, meanwhile 4th graders get gunned down.

Guns are the only hobby that does not care about safety, its like airlines pilots fighting for the right to fly drunk, or surfers fighting to remove lifeguards.

aimeedee

Aug 25, 2017
- - - - - - - - - -

Now I am sure you will say "it can't happen here". Why can't it. Because the Government said so ?

My Dad spent 30+ years in the military, fought in Saipan and Okinawa, decorated in each campaign. When he retired, the Government gave him a signed a document that the US Government would take care of his and my Mom's medical care at no charge for the rest of their lives. Did they, of course not. They denied the benefits they promised in writing.
David Koresh and Randy Weaver were pretty well armed, doncha think? The notion that you could stand up to the forces of the U.S. government is romanticized. Being armed is great for citizens of a fledgling country, but if you think you could win against the full weight of the U.S. government, you're kidding yourself. That is just what gun enthusiasts tell themselves to justify their passion. (And, no, that would not be like the Revolutionary War where we defeated a super power when they were not on their own turf.) Be thankful we live in a representative republic, where the military is not beholden to political allegiances.

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
Guns are the only hobby that does not care about safety, its like airlines pilots fighting for the right to fly drunk, or surfers fighting to remove lifeguards.
What a completely irresponsible and untrue comment. Do you have a license for a gun in CA? Have you ever gone to a range to shoot? I have a license and I shoot for fun. Every step of the process is about safety. I prefer to be around people who feel the same. I don't prefer to be around criminals because they don't follow the law.

Your analogies are really bad. Piloting drunk is illegal. Owning a legally licensed gun and having a properly obtained license is....LEGAL. Again, criminals don't obey the law, they never will. How about district attorneys start to prosecute the laws already on the books? Because right now, Gascon is fighting to keep criminals out of jail and leaving them in the community to continue creating victims. Surfers and lifeguards? WTF? Nonsensical.

Prescott Trojan

Nov 29, 2021
David Koresh and Randy Weaver were pretty well armed, doncha think? The notion that you could stand up to the forces of the U.S. government is romanticized. Being armed is great for citizens of a fledgling country, but if you think you could win against the full weight of the U.S. government, you're kidding yourself. That is just what gun enthusiasts tell themselves to justify their passion. (And, no, that would not be like the Revolutionary War where we defeated a super power when they were not on their own turf.) Be thankful we live in a representative republic, where the military is not beholden to political allegiances.
This coming from someone that thinks Jan. 6th was an insurrection.😂

xuscx

Aug 24, 2017
What a completely irresponsible and untrue comment. Do you have a license for a gun in CA? Have you ever gone to a range to shoot? I have a license and I shoot for fun. Every step of the process is about safety. I prefer to be around people who feel the same. I don't prefer to be around criminals because they don't follow the law.

Your analogies are really bad. Piloting drunk is illegal. Owning a legally licensed gun and having a properly obtained license is....LEGAL. Again, criminals don't obey the law, they never will. How about district attorneys start to prosecute the laws already on the books? Because right now, Gascon is fighting to keep criminals out of jail and leaving them in the community to continue creating victims. Surfers and lifeguards? WTF? Nonsensical.
Yawn, what I found is responsible people usually insist on safety laws because they have respect for their sport. Gun owners could care less about safety of the other person. I just find it insane that someone can buy a gun without any safety training.

I did a lot of target shooting in the 80s. You load your gun, you shoot the target, then admire your work and chit chat with you friends. There is 100% no need for removable magazines or semi automatic rifles, you do not rapid fire rifles, it is a long range weapon. Bullets were not cheap, you do not fire off 75 in a minute.

Reactions: aimeedee

DaFireMedic

Aug 24, 2017
Republicans have the votes to control what passes.
That’s not what I mean by it never stopping at just a little.

What happens is that public emotion following a tragedy like this is used implement to restrictions on gun ownership. Small at first, but restrictions nonetheless.

Then the next tragedy happens, and they take more, and it keeps going until it becomes essentially a disarming of the public except for criminals.

They’ve done it to make serious cuts into the First Amendment, and it will happen to the 2nd even worse if we are not careful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prescott Trojan

SoCalN8tiv

Aug 24, 2017
Wow, astonishing...Halderman, CISA report released today on the election machines is a laundry list of problems. My god, what a complete disaster. Get rid of everyone who let this happen. Our elections are a FARCE. Gotta get rid of the machines and go back to paper ballots and one day elections. Too many problems in an overly sophisticated system to count simple votes. President Trump is vindicated...TRUMP IS RIGHT AGAIN!

Take a sledgehammer to the machines and NEVER use them again - EVER. Horrific.

It's the voting machines, stupid. They're used to STEAL elections by BOTH sides.

No longer conspiracy theories, this is real and our country is in trouble because of these voting machines.

Last edited:

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
Yawn, what I found is responsible people usually insist on safety laws because they have respect for their sport. Gun owners could care less about safety of the other person. I just find it insane that someone can buy a gun without any safety training.

I did a lot of target shooting in the 80s. You load your gun, you shoot the target, then admire your work and chit chat with you friends. There is 100% no need for removable magazines or semi automatic rifles, you do not rapid fire rifles, it is a long range weapon. Bullets were not cheap, you do not fire off 75 in a minute.
Yawn....right....make a specious statement and then pretend to yawn when called on it. I am a gun owner. Of course I care about the safety of others. All my friends who own guns are the same. Your statement is false. You have to have safety training in CA to buy a gun. It's called a California Firearm Safety Certificate and you need one to buy OR sell any firearm. I guess that means CA has no mass shootings or people who use/buy/sell guns illegally.

So you were target shooting some 30-40 years ago and you are in the know?

Laws that limit rights shouldn't be based on "needs" as determined by others. I don't get the "need" for a car that goes 150 mph but I'm not in favor of preventing their sale. Likewise, a stock Glock 17 9×19 may or may not be semi-automatic but it has a magazine capacity of 17 rounds. If it's not a semi but has the magazine, why the need to ban it?

CA already has the most significant "safety" laws in the country. It hasn't prevented mass shootings. The most gun deaths are still either suicide or gang/criminal related. If district attorneys don't do their job, how does that bolster your argument? It doesn't.

TheRealAirbns

Aug 24, 2017
The 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear firearms is not absolute and a wide range of gun control laws remain “presumptively lawful,” according to the Court. These include laws that (1) prohibit carrying concealed weapons, (2) prohibit gun possession by felons or the mentally ill, (3) prohibit carrying firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, (4) impose “conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms,” (5) prohibit “dangerous and unusual weapons,” and (6) regulate firearm storage to prevent accidents.

Justice Scalia wrote the majority opinion. He was joined by Justices Alito, Kennedy, Roberts, and Thomas.
Where, exactly, are you claiming Scalia wrote this? What's your source?

This appears to be a paraphrase of part of the Syllabus of the Heller decision. Yes, Scalia wrote the court's majority opinion in that decision. The Syllabus of a Court decision is a summary added by the court to help the reader better understand the case and desision. It is not a part of the decision and not part of the majority opinion.

Immediately prior to the listing of th things in the Syllabus that are "presumptively lawful," is this text: "The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast
doubt on longstanding prohibitions on...." The point of this and of the use of the word "presumptively," is to say that this decision's scope does not addreess most of these other issues. Heller is a decision regarding DC's ban of handguns and restrictions on the storage of guns. It specifically says that banning handguns, requiring trigger locks, and a requirement that guns must be stored disassembled are unconstitutional.

Based on the decision regarding trigger locks and storage in a disassembled state, it's clear that we can't look at these enumerated topics and make broad assumptions about them. There is clearly a point at which storage requirements become unconstitutional.

In the actual text of the majority opinion, Scalia pointedly says that the decision is not meant to be comprehensive, and that other aspects of the 2nd Amendment are left to future decisions.

Reactions: DaFireMedic

Cacadetoro

Feb 9, 2018
Once again you clown yourself as an ignorant fool. Keep the nonsense coming!
You describe this as an insurrection. So please show me who is responsible for this. Was it Trump? Please provide me with absolute evidence that he wanted anyone to bust into the capitol. Do you remember what he said? He asked the crowd to be peaceful when they went to the capitol. Was it mainstream true Trump supporters or some wack job extremists looking to intentionally incite. Prove me wrong.

xuscx

Aug 24, 2017
Yawn....right....make a specious statement and then pretend to yawn when called on it. I am a gun owner. Of course I care about the safety of others. All my friends who own guns are the same. Your statement is false. You have to have safety training in CA to buy a gun. It's called a California Firearm Safety Certificate and you need one to buy OR sell any firearm. I guess that means CA has no mass shootings or people who use/buy/sell guns illegally.

So you were target shooting some 30-40 years ago and you are in the know?

Laws that limit rights shouldn't be based on "needs" as determined by others. I don't get the "need" for a car that goes 150 mph but I'm not in favor of preventing their sale. Likewise, a stock Glock 17 9×19 may or may not be semi-automatic but it has a magazine capacity of 17 rounds. If it's not a semi but has the magazine, why the need to ban it?

CA already has the most significant "safety" laws in the country. It hasn't prevented mass shootings. The most gun deaths are still either suicide or gang/criminal related. If district attorneys don't do their job, how does that bolster your argument? It doesn't.
Bottom line, a 18 year old with no training or education buys a semi automatic rifle, and the trumtards are just fine with it and will fight any laws to change the rules.

Torch901

Sep 6, 2020
Don’t you hate it when the insurrectionist forget to bring weapons.

SMH

Literally, all of them forgot. And it was supposed to be a planned uprising as well. It’s like going to a baseball game and both teams forgetting to bring any bats.
Tell that to the 150 Capitol police officers who needed to be hospitalized after your tourist friends beat them with clubs and flagpoles and shot bear spray in their eyes. Tell that to the five people who were killed that day at your "baseball game." But go yell and scream about how Blue Lives Matter. They don't. Not to you anyway.

Socrates

Aug 29, 2021
- - - - - - - - - -

If we are headed to a civil war, this will be the reason.
There is zero chance law abiding Americans will surrender their arms to a tyrannical power play on 2A.

Reactions: Prescott Trojan

Torch901

Sep 6, 2020
You describe this as an insurrection. So please show me who is responsible for this. Was it Trump? Please provide me with absolute evidence that he wanted anyone to bust into the capitol. Do you remember what he said? He asked the crowd to be peaceful when they went to the capitol. Was it mainstream true Trump supporters or some wack job extremists looking to intentionally incite. Prove me wrong.
I don't have to provide you with anything. It's not my problem that you're too lazy and too ignorant to read anything but the horse manure spoon-fed to you by OAN and The Gateway Pundit. You've closed your mind to the truth and can only parrot ridiculous lies and then snicker into your sleeve. You're the wack job.

Gold Trojan

Aug 27, 2017
Tell that to the 150 Capitol police officers who needed to be hospitalized after your tourist friends beat them with clubs and flagpoles and shot bear spray in their eyes. Tell that to the five people who were killed that day at your "baseball game." But go yell and scream about how Blue Lives Matter. They don't. Not to you anyway.
Don’t misconstrue the statement. I am not supporting what took place. But to call it an “Insurrection” is stupid.

Cacadetoro

Feb 9, 2018
I don't have to provide you with anything. It's not my problem that you're too lazy and too ignorant to read anything but the horse manure spoon-fed to you by OAN and The Gateway Pundit. You've closed your mind to the truth and can only parrot ridiculous lies and then snicker into your sleeve. You're the wack job..

You are pure comedy boy. You were the one who made the accusation and added your usual ad hominem attacks. That's ok. Someday when you grow into manhood perhaps you will learn to use a different approach.. I do not have to do anything. You were the one calling out another poster implying there was an insurrection and Trump was responsible. Did you get the memo that when you make an accusation the burden is on you to provide absolute proof to support your statement. Your tact was to blow me off and not answer the questions I posed to you. It shows me that you are really out of your element when your answer is to distract. You really do not have the answers nor absolute proof and this is quite evident by your comments. Don't be upset. I would hate to see you upset...:rolleyes:

Torch901

Sep 6, 2020
You are pure comedy boy. You were the one who made the accusation and added your usual ad hominem attacks. That's ok. Someday when you grow into manhood perhaps you will learn to use a different approach.. I do not have to do anything. You were the one calling out another poster implying there was an insurrection and Trump was responsible. Did you get the memo that when you make an accusation the burden is on you to provide absolute proof to support your statement. Your tact was to blow me off and not answer the questions I posed to you. It shows me that you are really out of your element when your answer is to distract. You really do not have the answers nor absolute proof and this is quite evident by your comments. Don't be upset. I would hate to see you upset...:rolleyes:
You have no idea what you're talking about. You never have and you never will. You make wild assumptions about my age, just like you make wild assumptions about everything else in the world. You are ignorant and you are unhinged. You actually expect me to do your research for you? So you can write it off as MSM propaganda? We've seen this act of yours before. Go back to sleep, that's the best contribution you can make to this world.

Torch901

Sep 6, 2020
Using the Antifa and BLM riots as a rule of thumb I will surmise the leftist idiots would call it a "peaceful protest." There.
You would "surmise" -- just like you "surmised" that January 6 was a peaceful protest. You are full of nothing but lies, distortions and half-truths. Anyone who compares the BLM protests to a mob of blood-thirsty lunatics trying to overthrow the United States Government is the real idiot.

Last edited:

Gr8ythunter

Aug 24, 2017
The VA did the same to my Dad. He didn’t need any of the VA benefits from his service in Korea until the last year of his life, when he was now dependent on others for his care.

He was told he’d have assistance from the VA in staying in an assisted living facility. They told him it would take 6 months to process his application, then he would be reimbursed for the facility for those 6 months and he would start receiving assistance. But after 6 months, no word from the VA.

My sister and I went to the VA to see what was happening, where they told us that the copy of his honorable discharge that we had sent was not a clear copy (I saw it, it was perfectly clear and readable), and that once he got that to them they could process his application. Oh, and it would take another 6 months. Yet no notification of this?

A little over a year after he had requested help and submitted the application, he passed away. The VA, through red tape and deception that I believe was intentional, had outlasted him and no longer needed to provide any assistance.

No. Do NOT trust the government.
Same with us ... 6 months, nothing done.
Went to the VA, took his honorable discharge, service records, retirement papers, his bronze and silver star all the paperwork they could ask for, plus a letter signed by a General (can't remember his name) regarding his retirement and benefits.

Well, with heroic action in WWII , 30 + years in the military retiring as a Officer and $3 you can get a cup of coffee at the VA and not much else.
AND been waiting way over a year to get his remains placed at Arlington.

Yeah ...... I trust the Government ............... well, maybe not

• Angry
Reactions: SGVFlip

xuscx

Aug 24, 2017
read the proposed bills ... well, wait a sec ..... you won't be able to discern what they say .... never mind
The bills they think might have a chance is the red flag bill, so I known mental patient can be denied and the universal back ground checks. These things have like 80% approval rating. They probably will not make it to the floor

Gr8ythunter

Aug 24, 2017
I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees

However for you ..... you won't have far to fall when the Govt comes for you

Torch901

Sep 6, 2020
You do realize the FBI investigated and determined there was no basis for the insurrection charge.
Their comment was made almost a year ago. The Congressional investigation over the past 9 months has since revealed a ton of evidence absolutely pointing to an organized act -- one designed to take control of a branch of the federal government by violent means.

Cacadetoro

Feb 9, 2018
You have no idea what you're talking about. You never have and you never will. You make wild assumptions about my age, just like you make wild assumptions about everything else in the world. You are ignorant and you are unhinged. You actually expect me to do your research for you? So you can write it off as MSM propaganda? We've seen this act of yours before. Go back to sleep, that's the best contribution you can make to this world.
Where in any of my comments did I make assumption of your age. I would guess that I am a bit older than you based on your past posts. I would be very surprised if there were not at least 10 years between our ages. But that is not relevant except maybe to you. If you cannot back up what you say with solid evidence then there is nothing you have to offer. I have never mentioned MSM. You are all over the place. There is an old saying: "when you start digging and find you are over your head it probably is time to stop digging. The best advice I can give you is unless you can provide other than a WAPO or Huffpost op ed you should just pack it in. You failed. Have a good day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts