Wednesday’s Practice Tidbits (9/15)

MarcKulkin

WeAreSC Staff
Staff member
Aug 26, 2021
Wednesday practices on typically walk-thru days in full pads and today was no different.

**Wet balls were in use during the early portion of practice. Rain is in the forecast throughout the day Saturday.

**Ray Scott was seen working with safeties during drills.

**As we saw on Tuesday, once the conditioning part ended the guys go straight into scout team work.

**Big emphasis with kickoff and kick return game before we leave and come back.

**Video interviews include Todd Orlando, Vic So’oto, Michael Hutchings, and Graham Harrell.

A complete Notes & Observations report will be available later this evening.

Last edited:

MarcKulkin

WeAreSC Staff
Staff member
Aug 26, 2021
Making sure everyone lays wood like Parker Lewis and noone tries to fair catch or return from the three again, I see!
Speaking of laying the wood; On one of the returns someone was too aggressive and knocked the return man to the ground. Coach Snyder wasn't pleased.

Reactions: AnArchitect

Scottdaloisio

Oct 3, 2019
Marc now that he has gotten in an actual game on special teams how long do you think it’ll be until solo gets some reps in game at linebacker ? Is he still with the scout team?

Reactions: MarcKulkin

MarcKulkin

WeAreSC Staff
Staff member
Aug 26, 2021
Marc now that he has gotten in an actual game on special teams how long do you think it’ll be until solo gets some reps in game at linebacker ? Is he still with the scout team?
Scout team defense for right now.

I thought the 4th game of the year was when he would make his first appearance on the field in any capacity. So as far as I'm concerned, he's already won the day. When I asked former head coach Clay Helton(okay that was weird) the same question at the end of fall camp, the answer was essentially, "when Solo feels comfortable and there's no need to push it after everything he's dealt with."

ClarkSC72

Aug 28, 2021
Thank you to all of the on3 wearesc staff for your great reporting. Where can I find the practice video interviews? Is there a set place where they will normally be posted?

Reactions: Wig and MarcKulkin

tagteampkt

Apr 25, 2020
Scout team defense for right now.

I thought the 4th game of the year was when he would make his first appearance on the field in any capacity. So as far as I'm concerned, he's already won the day. When I asked former head coach Clay Helton(okay that was weird) the same question at the end of fall camp, the answer was essentially, "when Solo feels comfortable and there's no need to push it after everything he's dealt with."
#FREESOLO

Jay4usc

Jan 10, 2018
Wednesday practices on typically walk-thru days in full pads and today was no different.

**Wet balls were in use during the early portion of practice. Rain is in the forecast throughout the day Saturday.

**Ray Scott was seen working with safeties during drills.

**As we saw on Tuesday, once the conditioning part ended the guys go straight into scout team work.

**Big emphasis with kickoff and kick return game before we leave and come back.

**Video interviews include Todd Orlando, Vic So’oto, Michael Hutchings, and Graham Harrell.

A complete Notes & Observations report will be available later this evening.
Christon still MIA?

GoSC27!

Sep 30, 2017
I guess Donte saw a lot of the same things we saw in the first 2 games that needed fixes! Hopefully practices transfers to games! Raymond Scott was a surprise!
Fight On!

Reactions: Rodgarnay51

Jim Steele

Aug 24, 2017
Hi Marc,

They practiced with wet footballs, do they also practice on a wet field so they can get used to that? Thanks.

MarcKulkin

WeAreSC Staff
Staff member
Aug 26, 2021
Hi Marc,

They practiced with wet footballs, do they also practice on a wet field so they can get used to that? Thanks.
I did not notice of they watered the field or not. They may have before we were allowed in for practice. Good question though!

zitorocks

Aug 24, 2017
Well that sucks. That means he won't see the field any time soon.
Given the history at USC, that means will never see the field or the uniform again. Jeez. If you are a high level collegiate athlete, just STAY AWAY from women. Just stay away. I told my son that since he's a collegiate pitcher. Nope, stay away.

Wolfpack4SC

May 31, 2019
Given the history at USC, that means will never see the field or the uniform again. Jeez. If you are a high level collegiate athlete, just STAY AWAY from women. Just stay away. I told my son that since he's a collegiate pitcher. Nope, stay away.
Actually I thought the article indicated that there was no arrest, only a complaint. Bru was a little more significant since his complaint was submitted (and declined) for prosecution. Christian’s situation ((according to the article/post) was simply an internal complaint that was actually recorded by a third party. The recording evidently supports his defense, but by title IX the school is still required to conduct an investigation.

SCnAZ

Aug 24, 2017
This crap had better iron itself out quick! Let’s play some real Trojan football!