What bowl for PSU, info and speculation thread

Aquapong

Oct 14, 2021
Looks like the Citrus for sure, maybe the Cotton. I think if we ended up in the Citrus our opponent could be a little disappointing.

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
NY6. Nobody remembers who you played when you can say 4 NY6 bowls in 7 years.
Outside of making the playoff, I couldn't care less what bowl we're in, as long as we have an interesting opponent. I'm probably in the minority, however. If the squad isn't competing for a championship, give me a well-known program, or someone against whom we have some history.

WanderingSpectator

Oct 12, 2021
A close loss for OSU would have helped but if TCU or USC loses, I can see OSU back dooring their way in again. If would be hard to ignore a 1-loss OSU and putting a 2-loss team in front of them.

Meat Lab

Oct 25, 2021
Last edited:
Reactions: saturdaysarebetter

BW Lion

Oct 14, 2021
At 72 this could be my last bowl. I'm gonna enjoy the week and the game. I'm sad there are folks who find reasons not to.
Victory is not guaranteed to anyone.
If PSU gets awarded the Cotton Bowl I’m renting a convertible.

Nits1989

Oct 29, 2021
Lucky for all of us, none of our opinions on which bowl game matter.

I would bet Kraft will fight for a NY6, even the Cotton Bowl.
I think it would be a great reward for the team to go to a NY6, but they had a good season that exceeded the TV experts’ expectations and they should be proud no matter where they go. 10 wins is great!

Last edited:

Classof09

Oct 12, 2021
That would be dumb.

I don’t get the love of some of you PSU fans for a Cotton Bowl bid vs a meaningless G5 opponent just because it’s a NY6 game.
More exposure in a more televised game, more bowl money, helps recruiting, and never hurts to win in that environment even if the opponent is ‘lesser.’ If we aren’t going to win it all, or play in the playoffs, all these seem like pretty good things. Right?

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Lucky for all of us, none of our opinions on which bowl game matter.

I would bet Kraft will fight for a NY6, even the Cotton Bowl.
True. I just don’t think it has the same appeal it once did. It’s not on NY either which is a head scratcher. It’s on Jan 2 at 1:00. Not a marquee date or time slot. Plus, with the G5 affiliation the opponent will most likely be Tulane. That’s a no win situation for PSU. Regardless, I will be watching and cheering.

BW Lion

Oct 14, 2021
More exposure in a more televised game, more bowl money, helps recruiting, and never hurts to win in that environment even if the opponent is ‘lesser.’ If we aren’t going to win it all, or play in the playoffs, all these seem like pretty good things. Right?
Wrong

leinbacker

Oct 13, 2021
That would be dumb.

I don’t get the love of some of you PSU fans for a Cotton Bowl bid vs a meaningless G5 opponent just because it’s a NY6 game.

what would be better? Orange with Clemson would be good and if A&M beats LSU, figure Bama to Sugar, making that possible.

Citrus seems like a downer with an SEC also ran, I’d probably prefer the Cotton in that case. Nobody ever brags of being in the Citrus, unlike a NY6 regardless of opponent.

BW Lion

Oct 14, 2021
Seriously. Why's he even posting here (we know why ... he's desperate for attention, even if it's negative attention)? His Rhule drool should have led him over to a Huskers message board by now. The least Tom could do is change his name to BW Husker on this board.
You and your ilk are unique. 👍

Reactions: Anon1640372757