What the hell happened to this board???

Status
Not open for further replies.

shane2020

Jan 23, 2020
I doubt Garry would have liked to see a board in his name littered with topics such as this... This reads more like a free board... How does this get cleaned up??

Well, it is indeed free. For now.

It always puzzles me why free speech bothers some Americans. Nobody forces you to read the threads that upset you. But I’m guessing there’s another reason for all the fussing…

shane2020

Jan 23, 2020
Agreed, I know it's free board to discuss SC football. It's now become political... if I wanted to read and amuse myself, I would go to CNN or Yahoo boards for that.

It helps if you pay attention to the developing nature of this forum.

Reactions: Merlin4SC

Wolfpack4SC

May 31, 2019
Relax. It’s the off-season, in between semesters, and all the coaches are out recruiting. Scott has got recruiting covered, and everything else is just finding something to talk about.

It’s hard not to talk at least a little about politics in today’s environment. My wife keeps trying to get around it because it’s so depressing, but everyday she seems to find something even when she’s trying to avoid it. I usually don’t start the topics but a lot of times I have something to contribute.

SoCalN8tiv

Aug 24, 2017
I doubt Garry would have liked to see a board in his name littered with topics such as this... This reads more like a free board... How does this get cleaned up??
Uh no, GarryP was okay with MKJ-OT board that was so named by GarryP himself to honor his friend John Magnus, aka Mahatma Kane Jeeves, Samsson. You are terribly misinformed. These topics you are bellyaching about are rather tame by comparison to the previous OT board. Facts is facts.

sc69er

Aug 31, 2021
Chill out. We are in the time of least football news, following one of the worst seasons in Trojansfootball history ,with the worst coach since Paul Hackett. Wait til august for football subject to dominate the board.

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
Chill out. We are in the time of least football news, following one of the worst seasons in Trojansfootball history ,with the worst coach since Paul Hackett. Wait til august for football subject to dominate the board.
In general I agree...I also agree with Scott4USC. This is not a board Garry would have embraced.

He believed in free speech wholeheartedly and yet he also loved Trojan football and bringing people together to talk about it. Even in the off-season, the current spate of political threads would be a bit much for him. There's a level of disrespect and the charge is being led by someone who didn't know GP.

101Coast

Sep 3, 2017
Exactly. Say whatever the F you want on an OT page but apparently d!ckheads from both sides of the aisle feel the need to interject politics into damn near every thread.
But that is no longer an option so all are condensed into this section.

HRPickenstuff

Aug 24, 2017
And as we can see from the number of threads and count that this is the most used.

Exactly. There is traffic here. Scott should call Mike Lindell the My Pillow guy and see if he would advertise. There are conservatives here. The owners of Red Bull Detrich Mateschitz and owner of Goya are MAGA. Artie Moreno owner of the Angels is on the Dow low MAGA. This doesn't fit the narrative because two of them are Mexican and the other is German.

There is money to be made here.

Last edited:

xuscx

Aug 24, 2017
It would be nice to discuss topics without the politics, but we can not only hear from one side. If you bring in politics both sides need a voice. This seems to offend people

HRPickenstuff

Aug 24, 2017
Screenshot_20220520-181038_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Have you seen the traffic here? The replies here outdo the football and basketball forums combined 5×1. You might see it as an evil place but this forum does appeal to alot of people. I'd bet most of us will get political fatigue and stop posting. I mean you could only have so much venom right but right now I'm still felling froggy. 🐸

Or

You can always make Scott a Twitter offer and overpay to buy this site and ban us. I'm sure the site count is legit. I know it is because this page is active AF. Not alot of bots here everyday is like a 30 man Battle Royal.

Last edited:

Hockey10

Aug 24, 2017
Addison committed to us today. Huge news. In the normal threads I had to scroll down to the 16th thread before one mention and it was asking if Carson Palmer would give him his number. The 24th thread was a previous thread about his chances of committing. Yeah, I guess there's no news to talk about in the off-season.

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
Addison committed to us today. Huge news. In the normal threads I had to scroll down to the 16th thread before one mention and it was asking if Carson Palmer would give him his number. The 24th thread was a previous thread about his chances of committing. Yeah, I guess there's no news to talk about in the off-season.
Actually, he committed yesterday. You make scrolling sound as if it hurts.

Hockey10

Aug 24, 2017
News about Addison and others is common knowledge. It is not premium content. Why can't or won't fans discuss it here on a "USC Football board"?

HRPickenstuff

Aug 24, 2017
That's the problem. Something is off with football reporting. No disrespect to the proprietors. They do an excellent job. I think twitter and sites like that ruin it. By the time you log in. You've already read several posts on the subject and for some reason this off season seems slow. That's why alot of us are hanging out here. The conversation here is fast and furious. Lot's of testosterone even the women here have b@!!s..

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
That's the problem. Something is off with football reporting. No disrespect to the proprietors. They do an excellent job. I think twitter and sites like that ruin it. By the time you log in. You've already read several posts on the subject and for some reason this off season seems slow. That's why alot of us are hanging out here. The conversation here is fast and furious
There is a new staff that seems to have things buttoned tighter than in the past.

Hockey10

Aug 24, 2017
That's the problem. Something is off with football reporting. No disrespect to the proprietors. They do an excellent job. I think twitter and sites like that ruin it. By the time you log in. You've already read several posts on the subject and for some reason this off season seems slow. That's why alot of us are hanging out here. The conversation here is fast and furious. Lot's of testosterone even the women here have b@!!s..
That's just the thing. People can debate and battle out their politics on Twitter and elsewhere.
USC message boards were a place to get away from it all for a while. Talk Football, players, future recruiting, possibilities of the up coming season, ect ect. If off topic was discussed it was sharing local food/restaurants, sport teams, and just general information about what other fans do before and after games. Not arguing over divisive issues.

SC Forever

Sep 6, 2017
I only read Trojan Seji thread. Most of other football related threads are for premium.

jaycee993

Sep 2, 2021
TAKE A CHILL PILL you cant control everything....this Wii migrate towardsonce the season starts

Reactions: Rodgarnay51

DaFireMedic

Aug 24, 2017
I don't care. I can avoid a thread if I want. I think the Free board is fun and this whole hand-wringing bit over political posts is silly. IMO.
It is, but I get the impression that the amount of political threads, many with less than friendly titles, is wearing on the mods. I’m concerned that if we don’t self moderate, they will do it for us and we’ll lose the free board.

I plan on subscribing to the Premium board soon here anyway, but I’d prefer that the free board be here and not closed to OT stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts