White Supremacist Murders 10 in Buffalo Grocery Store

IETrojanFan

Aug 24, 2017
If you can not handle the truth thats on you. I provide references because if I don't the magas complain. Was it equal, did the subway shooter kill 11. Thousands of people get shot every month. Not every story gets full coverage.
Classic deflection post, Exhibit B. Keep going.

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
Not a day to LOL, so I won't. You have to stand in awe when "one side" will accuse the "other side" of immediate political exploitation after calling for change in the wake of a tragedy. So you have to ask yourself, when is the right time to campaign for change? For "one side", it will never be the right time. Not six months from now, not two years from now. Sandy Hook happened 10 years ago.
Notice newsom's reference to the GOP. That's political.

The right time isn't the day it happened. Put that immediate energy into the community suffering. No law is going to change this week.

Reactions: DaFireMedic

xuscx

Aug 24, 2017
The issue is the republican congress and judges have blocked every firearm safety law for the last 25 years during which time we have had an endless string of mass shootings. Including schools churches movie theaters concerts. So yes it is political.

Gold Trojan

Aug 27, 2017
Gun Safety was not the issue here - This wasn't an accident
Background checks was not the issue - He didn't have a criminal record that I have seen

This is a parenting issue. Where are his mother and father? Why were they not aware of what this young man was dealing with?

xuscx

Aug 24, 2017
You want to know what the issue really is, its the rural states showing the money states who is boss in this country. Meanwhile the bodies pile. The second shooting at an elementary school, and nothing will change

Moon4Cimoli

Aug 31, 2021
This OP didn’t age well, sadly. Sadly in that its clear white supremacists don’t have a corner on senseless violence. Mass shootings cannot be easily correlated to race.

aimeedee

Aug 25, 2017
This OP didn’t age well, sadly. Sadly in that its clear white supremacists don’t have a corner on senseless violence. Mass shootings cannot be easily correlated to race.
Certainly, white supremacists do not have the corner on senseless violence, but mass shootings do, indeed, correlate to race and gender. There will always be outliers. And, FWIW, I am seeing far more reactions to this shooting in social media than I am to the Buffalo shooting, presumably because we assume our kids are safe in school and there is often no "motive" to school shootings.

aimeedee

Aug 25, 2017
Gun Safety was not the issue here - This wasn't an accident
Background checks was not the issue - He didn't have a criminal record that I have seen

This is a parenting issue. Where are his mother and father? Why were they not aware of what this young man was dealing with?
Sounds like they had a tumultuous relationship, so he went to live with grandma...whom he then shot.

We had a kid in my kids' school who had unfit parents, so grandma took him in and he later murdered her. I have no idea what happened. I've never made contact with him directly, but I anonymously send the kid (in prison) a book every year for Christmas.

Reactions: DaFireMedic

qqqqqqqman

Aug 24, 2017
The issue is the republican congress and judges have blocked every firearm safety law for the last 25 years during which time we have had an endless string of mass shootings. Including schools churches movie theaters concerts. So yes it is political.

Firearm safety? Is that what this is about? LOL 😂

And if you meant firearm laws, there are PLENTY of them…..making more “gun laws” just doesn’t work. Cite me the last time a killer followed the laws 🤔

Moon4Cimoli

Aug 31, 2021
Certainly, white supremacists do not have the corner on senseless violence, but mass shootings do, indeed, correlate to race and gender. There will always be outliers.
You were trying to implicate DT in your OP, but without actually saying his name. Thats gone now, shooters are found lately no
matter who is POTUS.

Last edited:
Reactions: uscvball

aimeedee

Aug 25, 2017
You were trying to implicate DT in your OP, but without actually saying his name. Thats gone now, shooters are found lately no
matter who is POTUS.
I didn't say a word about DT, but good to know you associate him with white supremacists.

Trojan JST

Aug 24, 2017
What makes an 18-year-old so hateful? I think, ultimately, individuals are responsible for their own actions and blaming an ideology is a slippery slope. But where do we draw the line between ideology and dangerous rhetoric? And why are mass shooters disproportionately young-to-middle-aged, white males?

WOW…

How very racist of you, inserting skin color, into a societal issue.

If the “mass shooters“ belonged to a politically correct, “protective class” and if the “shoe was on the other foot.” The OUTRAGE from your fellow left wing liberal democrats would be earth shattering.

Just pointing out… YOU and your ilk, hypocrites!!

NEVER ceases to amaze me. 🤔

TheRealAirbns

Aug 24, 2017
That's because every one of those bills has had little to do with reducing shootings and everything to do either with increasing control and government power, or with imposing a de facto outright ban for the purposes of control.

No, the real issue is that young men in this country have become unmoored and disaffected. We have a mental health crisis in this country, especially among young people.

A major reason for this crisis is that the Left has pursued a one hundred year campaign of attacking our culture, institutions, values, and beliefs. They've done it because they think, probably correctly, that destroying America's Civil Society will get us to The Revolution through culture, rather than the economic path Marx predicted.

Some of the steps you folks have taken have specifically disadvantaged boys - educational policies, for example, that alienate boys to such an extent that girls now make up 60% of the students in colleges.

You can't tell America's youth for a hundred years how bad they and we all are, without disaffecting large numbers of them, especially, young boys. And as we've seen, this problem with mass shootings (which, by the way, long predate the last 25 years) is a problem of mental health, not of gun ownership. We've even given lip service to that fact, over the years, but, since the Left seems to be more concerned with control than with the actual welfare of the people, little has been done to address it.

Last edited:

xuscx

Aug 24, 2017
That's because every one of those bills has had little to do with reducing shootings and everything to do either with increasing control and government power, or with imposing a de facto outright ban for the purposes of control.

No, the real issue is that young men in this country have become unmoored and disaffected. We have a mental health crisis in this country, especially among young people.

A major reason for this crisis is that the Left has pursued a one hundred year campaign of attacking our culture, institutions, values, and beliefs. They've done it because they think, probably correctly, that destroying America's Civil Society will get us to The Revolution through culture, rather than the economic path Marx predicted.

Some of the steps you folks have taken have specifically disadvantaged boys - educational policies, for example, that alienate boys to such an extent that girls now make up 60% of the students in colleges.

You can't tell America's youth for a hundred years how bad they and we all are, without disaffecting large numbers of them, especially, young boys. And as we've seen, this problem with mass shootings (which, by the way, long predate the last 25 years) is a problem of mental health, not of gun ownership. We've even given lip service to that fact, over the years, but, since the Left seems to be more concerned with control than with the actual welfare of the people, little has been done to address it.
and why this only happens in America?

101Coast

Sep 3, 2017
The discussion on this thread shows why we haven't yet come up with a solution. It mirrors what's going on. One side wants one thing and the other wants another. Fight on...literally...

Edit: same with school shootings.

• Wow
Reactions: aimeedee

SGVFlip

Nov 13, 2017
You want to know what the issue really is, its the rural states showing the money states who is boss in this country. Meanwhile the bodies pile. The second shooting at an elementary school, and nothing will change
Texas is a money state....isnt it the 2nd largest economy in the US?

Reactions: Prescott Trojan

Latest posts