Why didn't 10 jump on the ball

einibobo

Aug 24, 2017
Definitely we need a ST coach and we need a guy who can kick the ball into or over the end zone, preventing any kick returns!! Why aren’t we recruiting any kickers?? Drives me crazy we can only kick it to the 10 yard line.

Reactions: Hockey10

SouthbayTrojan91

Aug 24, 2017
Definitely we need a ST coach and we need a guy who can kick the ball into or over the end zone, preventing any kick returns!! Why aren’t we recruiting any kickers?? Drives me crazy we can only kick it to the 10 yard line.

He can definitely kick it into the end zone. Does it many times. I think he is trying to land it at the goal line so we can tackle the returner inside the 25.....problem is, we can't.

Reactions: Rodgarnay51

Hockey10

Aug 24, 2017
I believe CLR chose not to have a ST coach in order to have an extra coach elsewhere. DW possibly? Regardless it shows and in many aspects. Poor coverage. Penalties, both on defense and offense resulting in loss of field position. Poor kick and punt returns and even watching the other team pick up an onside kick. The list goes on. I get he feels our offense can score from anywhere. The thing is our D isn't consistent enough to stop teams from scoring. One day ST's may cost us a game.

Reactions: Rodgarnay51

Hockey10

Aug 24, 2017
He can definitely kick it into the end zone. Does it many times. I think he is trying to land it at the goal line so we can tackle the returner inside the 25.....problem is, we can't.
If the coaching staff is asking him to do this than they need to practice coverage and tackling first. It's useless if you let them run it out pass the 25 or commit penalties that give them better field position then a touchback. Just kick it into the end zone every time and be done with it until these issues are resolved.

Rodgarnay51

Aug 24, 2017
It’s discouraging to me that in his interview in Marc’s report Riley continued to sound like special teams are not a priority.

Latest posts