World Cup will be played here in 2026

SGVFlip

Nov 13, 2017
Wait til those tourists get a look at the area's around 5th and San Pedro. They're going to think their back in the Barrios of Brazil.
Have you been there lately?

Lots of happenings around downtown.....

Not the prettiest, but the economic activities are insane...

Reactions: TrojanSigma

shane2020

Jan 23, 2020
Can't wait for the "homeless advocates" to lose their minds when the city starts sweeping out the bums a couple weeks before it begins. Even people from 3rd world countries are gonna be like "y'all live like this?".

It makes me very sad when I drive through parts of The City Of Angels. :(

• Sad
Reactions: Rodgarnay51

SGVFlip

Nov 13, 2017
I own a retail business. I'd never move it anywhere near that location. Thank you very much.
Well, 20 years ago, the area around LA Convention Center was dead in the water...i was just down there last night, dropped off a couple visiting from Australia, traffic was insane at 930pm around The Original Pantry..

But we cant deny that the Little Tokyo, Arts District, Garment, Flower market, Fashion District, and other areas down there are thriving, with a lively bar, and food scene, along with the other commercial endeavors..

I dont know what retail products you sell, but just maybe, the wholesaling of some of them go thru that Downtown area...

I get it, most on this board probably aint the demographics to be walking around comfortably down there, but it is alive and hopping, even at night...

Globe

Aug 24, 2017
Looks like I’ll be doing some painting in 2026, and watching it dry.
Yep, the rest of the world must have it all wrong. They should only embrace sports where the ball's in play for about 10 minutes during a 3.5 hour game.

jiordone

Aug 24, 2017
Yep, the rest of the world must have it all wrong. They should only embrace sports where the ball's in play for about 10 minutes during a 3.5 hour game.
The rest of the World can’t figure out anything else to do except roll a ball out there and run around and kick it.

• Haha
Reactions: Rodgarnay51

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
Its not really the rest of the world but economics are in play. 3rd world countries can play soccer because it's cheap.

If the world had a college development system, they'd be playing football too.

Globe

Aug 24, 2017
Is there another sport people go out of their way to insult to the same degree? It's head-scratching.
I’ve never understood why some guys are so proud of themselves for not liking soccer. Who the F cares? I don’t care much for hockey but I don’t feel the need to go around pounding my chest about it.

Trojanfan562

Sep 5, 2017
Its not really the rest of the world but economics are in play. 3rd world countries can play soccer because it's cheap.

If the world had a college development system, they'd be playing football too.

It's true that soccer allows for the poorer countries to play, but the best countries at it are still 1st world with bigger populations other than Brazil. If I lived in Europe, soccer would probably be my first choice of sport considering how economically lucrative it is and the coaching I would get out there compared to other sports. It also takes less of a toll on the body than American football.
Is there another sport people go out of their way to insult to the same degree? It's head-scratching.
Baseball gets it's fair share of ****

Reactions: sctrojan2006