YAY Or NAY: USC vs. Washington St. Edition

JCakus

Aug 29, 2017
"What must be done eventually should be done immediately".
One of my favorite quotes.
Helton was eventually going to be fired, so why wait to see if he could turn it around the rest of this season?

B1GTROJAN

Sep 7, 2021
For the driver analogy I like F1 drivers and there are such few of them 20 and only 10 teams. I could probably say the same for coaches and blue blood programs if not much less. SC needs a Hamilton, Vettal, Verstappen type of driver 💯💯. In terms of fans I hope some of the fair weather fans do not return to the Coli. I hope Donte will attract a new rejuvenated fan base to football games. 🤞🏼🤞🏼

Reactions: Pudly76

gubo&palanka

Sep 23, 2017
There seems to be hope on the board that Harrell, now that his offense is freed from the shackles of He Who Shall Not be Named II, will unleash a new version of the Air Raid, the one he always wanted to call and we always wanted to see. Perhaps this is just the aftereffects of the euphoria following the dismissal of that head coach.

Do you think the offense changes or improves at all?

Reactions: Rodgarnay51

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
There seems to be hope on the board that Harrell, now that his offense is freed from the shackles of He Who Shall Not be Named II, will unleash a new version of the Air Raid, the one he always wanted to call and we always wanted to see. Perhaps this is just the aftereffects of the euphoria following the dismissal of that head coach.

Or that he is forced to do it by his new boss?

MarcKulkin

WeAreSC Staff
Staff member
Aug 26, 2021

The only thing I would make Clay Helton responsible for wrt the offense, is that he signed off on the air raid idea. The play calling belongs to Graham Harrell.

Last edited:

Rodgarnay51

Aug 24, 2017
"What must be done eventually should be done immediately".
One of my favorite quotes.
Helton was eventually going to be fired, so why wait to see if he could turn it around the rest of this season?
Helton left little doubt in the Stanford game that he couldn't. Only problem is, he wasn't playing in the game, nor was he the only coach involved in that fiasco.

jpsocal65

Aug 24, 2017

If we don’t return to the traditional hard nosed semi-pro-style offense that made us physical, tough, and mean, I’m not sure what I will do as a fan. What Air-Raid offense had won a National Championship? It’s all about toughness and physicality in the trenches on both sides of the ball with highly skilled and speedy athletes on offense. See PC Trojan years and throw in a John McKay and John Robinson led SC team

billsb1970

Aug 24, 2017
Slovis has regressed since the end of 2019 season. He has to be on a short leash. So many other mediocre QB’s play better than Slovis against the zone. Why can’t he pull the trigger quicker?

Latest posts