Being three weeks into the college football season means some of the nation’s best players have reopened their auditions to pro teams. While the NFL season has just kicked off as well, there’s no doubt that scout’s eyes are on the NCAA as they look ahead to the 2023 NFL Draft. That all means it’s time to talk prospects and one of the best places to look is the big board of one Mel Kiper Jr.
The ESPN football analyst recently updated his big board with some eye-catching tweaks since his last. Alabama DE Will Anderson Jr. remains his No. 1 prospect but some changes, especially at the QB spot, make for an interesting new Top-25.
- Will Anderson Jr., DE – Alabama Crimson Tide
- CJ Stroud, QB – Ohio State Buckeyes
- Jalen Carter, DT – Georgia Bulldogs
- Will Levis, QB – Kentucky Wildcats
- Bryan Bresee, DT – Clemson Tigers
- Bryce Young, QB – Alabama Crimson Tide
- Bijan Robinson, RB – Texas Longhorns
- Paris Johnson Jr., OT – Ohio State Buckeyes
- Peter Skoronski, OT – Northwestern Wildcats
- Jordan Addison, WR – USC Trojans
- Andre Carter II, OLB – Army Black Knights
- Jaxson Smith-Njigba, WR – Ohio State Buckeyes
- Kayshon Boutte, WR – LSU Tigers
- Drew Sanders, LB – Arkansas Razorbacks
- Anthony Richardson, QB – Florida Gators
- Michael Mayer, TE – Notre Dame Fighting Irish
- Joey Porter Jr., CB – Penn State Nittany Lions
- Myles Murphy, DE – Clemson Tigers
- Cam Smith, CB – South Carolina Gamecocks
- Kelee Ringo, CB – Georgia Bulldogs
- Tyler Van Dyke, QB – Miami Hurricanes
- Isaiah Foskey, OLB – Notre Dame Fighting Irish
- Tuli Tuipulotu, DL – USC Trojans
- Daiyan Henley, OLB – Washington State Cougars
- Jaelyn Duncan, OT – Maryland Terrapins
Anderson Jr. has done nothing yet to remove himself from the top spot during the start of the Crimson Tide’s season. He has posted 15 total tackles, a pair of sacks, and a pick-six overall in Alabama’s undefeated start. He and teammate Bryce Young are the only two Crimson Tide players on the list, though.
Young’s drop to six signifies some big changes to the QB section of Kiper’s NFL Big Board. Buckeye QB CJ Stroud stepped up to No. 2 while Will Levis, the QB of the Kentucky Wildcats, leapfrogged all the way into the Top-5. That leaves Young as the sixth overall prospect and third quarterback now ahead of Florida’s Anthony Richardson and Miami’s Tyler Van Dyke.
The Buckeyes lead the way in total spots on the list with three overall. Following Ohio State is a five-way tie for second with Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, USC, and Notre Dame each with two prospects apiece.
A lot can change during the first three weeks of a season and this NFL Big Board from Mel Kiper Jr. reflects that. However, a lot can still shift between now and the 2023 NFL Draft on April 27th. This just reflects a great first look into what NFL minds are thinking about these top prospects following the first games of their respective seasons.