[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="600"]
Chet White/ ukathletics.com[/caption]
Over the weekend, the Kentucky men’s and women’s track and field teams competed at the East Preliminary Championships in Jacksonville, Florida. 16 Wildcats (13 women, 3 men) will advance on to the NCAA Championships in Eugene, Oregon. Here is a breakdown of the weekend:
- Kendra Harrison won the 100m hurdles in convincing fashion, posting a time of 12.62.
- Dezerea Bryant broker her personal record in the 200m with a time of 22.45.
- Keilah Tyson ran the 200m in a personal best time of 200m.
- The women’s 4x400m relay team comprised of Leah Nugent, Morganne Phillips, Angelica Whaley, and Jasmine Mitchell set a school record with a time of 3:30.81.
- Also, the women’s 4x100m relay team of Dominique Booker. Kenyattia Hackworth, Keilah Tyson, and Dezerea Bryant ran a time of 43.43, good enough for 1st.
- Bradley Szypka qualified for the championships in the shot put with a distance of 62’7.25.
- Kendra Harrison ran the 400m hurdles in a time of 55.05, the 2nd fastest of the weekend.
- Keilah Tyson ran the 100m in a time of 11.14, a school record.
- Raymond Dykstra placed 2nd in the javelin throw with a distance of 236’4’’
- Both Rebecca Famurewa and Madison Jacobs advanced in the discus throw.
- Terrence Boyd qualified for the championships in the long jump with a distance of 24-feet, 9in.