[32-14] Warriors - 112 @ [24-21] Clippers - 94
- It finally happened, DeMarcus Cousins is back in an NBA uniform and dominating like he never left. In his first game back since tearing his Achilles last January, Boogie scored 14 points on 5-11 shooting (3-4 from three) in addition to six rebounds and three assists. Cousins only played 15 minutes before fouling out, which actually resulted in a vivacious - yet slightly sarcastic - helping of cheers from the mostly Warriors crowd in Staples Center. In fact, the Golden State fans were fawning over Cousins any chance they got. They were dying to root for him, can you blame them though?
DeMarcus Cousins reacts to being given a round of applause and cheered at Staples Center: "Fakest love I've ever seen in my life...." pic.twitter.com/uUlDMiHzdq— Def Pen Hoops (@DefPenHoops) January 19, 2019
- Cousins scored the Warriors first - and his first as a member of the reigning champs - points on a beautiful slam dunk via a pocket pass from Kevin Durant out of the pick-and-roll and it was beautiful.
WELCOME BACK BOOGIE pic.twitter.com/95JRwa0qPc— Def Pen Hoops (@DefPenHoops) January 19, 2019
- ''I felt like a kid on Christmas,'' Cousins said. ''This was probably one of the best days of my life being back on the floor playing the game that I love.''
- Cousins was rightfully the main attraction, but Shai Gilgeous-Alexander quietly tied his career-high with 24 points for the Clippers. SGA shot 7-17 from the field and registered three rebounds, five assists, and three steals. He also played a career-high 42 minutes.
- Karl-Anthony Towns played only 21 total minutes before fouling out against the San Antonio Spurs. He still managed 23 points and six rebounds, but after picking up his fourth foul early into the second half, the Spurs were able to control the game and ultimately come out with the win.
- For the New Orleans Pelicans, Anthony Davis led both his team and the BBNBA in scoring with 27 points, but his squad was whooped by the Portland Trail Blazers 128-112. Julius Randle contributed 19 points and nine rebounds while Darius Miller added five points.
- Isaiah Briscoe clocked 20 minutes for his second consecutive game, scoring six points on 3-6 shooting in addition to four rebounds and three assists. This is the sixth straight game in which Briscoe has topped at least 15 minutes of playing time. He had done so only twice before this recent stretch. The Orlando Magic are making a legitimate NBA player out of Briscoe.
- Check out the full stat sheet below.
STATISTICS[table id=262 /]
TONIGHT IN THE NBA3:30 (ABC): Thunder (Diallo, Noel, Patterson) @ Sixers 5:00: Suns (Booker) @ Hornets (Kidd-Gilchrist, Monk) 7:00: Kings (Cauley-Stein, Fox, Labissiere) @ Pistons 7:00: Mavericks @ Pacers 7:00: Bucks (Bledsoe) @ Magic (Briscoe) 7:30: Celtics @ Hawks (Poythress-out) 7:30: Grizzlies @ Raptors 8:00: Heat (Adebayo) @ Bulls 8:30 (ABC): Lakers (Rondo-out) @ Rockets (Knight) 10:00: Cavaliers @ Nuggets (Lyles, Murray, Vanderbilt)
Follow me on Twitter: @ZackGeoghegan