With the home opener vs. Eastern Kentucky almost a week away, UK Football just announced some new improvements and upgrades to the fan experience at Kroger Field. On September 9, fans can expect…
- New bench-back seating in the South upper level
- Social media posts from fans on video boards
- Complimentary water — Complimentary water will be available to fans throughout both the lower and upper concourse of Kroger Field. Four large water tanks will be located on both the lower and upper concourse that fans will be able to use to fill cups that will be provided. With these new tanks, concession stands will no longer offer complimentary water.
- Lap tickets for infants under 12 months — The policy that all fans regardless of age must have a ticket remains in place, but new lap tickets will be available this season for infants 12 months and under. Lap tickets are only available on game day and may be purchased at the Kroger Field ticket office (between Gates 9 & 10) for $10 by an accompanying adult with a ticket. The lap ticket policy only applies to regular-season home football games. Lap tickets have been created in response to fan feedback from families with young children.
- Clear bag policy — As a reminder, UK Athletics is implementing the SEC’s new clear bag policy at Kroger Field this season as an additional safety measure and to facilitate entry. Each fan will be permitted to carry one large clear bag — either a one-gallon Ziploc-style bag or a 12″ x 6″ x 12″ clear bag — plus a small clutch that does not exceed 4.5″ x 6.5″. The small clutch allows privacy for small personal items and is also easily searched. The clear bag policy improves public safety by making bags easily searched and significantly reducing faulty bag searches. The same policy has been in place in the NFL for the last four seasons.
- Express lanes — With the new clear bag policy, fans not carrying any bags will be able to enter the stadium through specially marked bag-free express lanes at each gate.
- New Visitor RV Lots — The Visitor RV Lots have moved to two new lots located adjacent to the former lot. The first lot is located at the corner of S. Limestone and Virginia. It is accessible while driving south on S. Limestone, prior to reaching the Virginia intersection. The second lot is located at Press Avenue and Transcript Avenue. Both lots are available on Fridays prior to game day at 6 p.m. There are no RV hook-ups in either lot.
Brace yourself for more KROGER at Kroger Field. UK also announced the following features of its new partnership with the grocery giant:
- Gate 6 Kroger priority entry — Fans will be able to enter through priority lines of entry at gate 6 by bringing canned goods to be donated to God’s Pantry on behalf of Kroger.
- Additional healthy snack options from Simple Truth — Additional healthy snack options will be available at Kentucky home games this season. Kroger’s popular Simple Truth brand will also be offered throughout the lower concourse inside gates 4, 9 and 12.
- Kroger Meal Deal — Concessions stands throughout the stadium will offer the Kroger Meal Deal on game day, packaging UK football fans’ favorite combinations throughout the season.
- Gate 1 mural — Kroger, UK, and UK Sports and Campus Marketing are collaborating to create a mural at gate 1 this season that will celebrate the partnership between the three parties. The mural will be a visual reflection of Kroger’s commitment to the State of Kentucky and the university. Its progress will be on display for UK’s game vs. Tennessee on Oct. 28 and it will be completed in time for UK’s Governor’s Cup battle vs. Louisville on Nov. 25.
- Kroger Tailgating Experience — Kroger will also host a VIP tailgate event before each home game in the lawn next to Bluegrass Technical and Community College. Kroger customers who spend more than $100 the week prior to the game will be invited to the free Kroger Tailgating Experience featuring food and beverage. Fans should present their receipts of $100 or more at the entrance, which will grant entry for four. The Kroger Tailgating Experience is open to the first 500 fans.
John Short better be on that mural.