Took me a while to figure out who to honor with tonight's N&V post. But the best nominee scored 23 points on 8-10 FG, 4-5 3FG and 3-4 FT -- Eric "Boo Boo" Bledsoe. His hot night helped force the Hoosiers to abandon a few defensive schemes they had set up for Kentucky, according to IU Coach Crean after the game. Eric also lost 6 turnovers, something that Coach Cal said isn't a problem when Eric is shooting so hot.
There was other stuff that happened tonight that wasn't crimson & cream related. To the news!
* The Courier-Journal Notes column reports that Fan Outfitters will start selling a special “Coach Cal Era” tshirt at its store and online Monday. $4 of each $14.99 shirt sold will benefit Calipari Family Foundation for Children. The actual beneficiaries of the donations will be selected from the foundation by an online voting process on CoachCal.com next month.
* In other "Universities with Large Cats As Mascots" news, the the West Carolina Catamounts beat Louisville by the score of 91-83. The Catamounts forced 21 turnovers, caused the Cards to shoot 9-26 3FG (7-18 in the second half) and barely lost the rebounding battle 34-35. After the game, Louisville Head Coach Rick Pitino talked about "Day One" a lot and WCU Head Coach Larry Hunter said, "It's really tough out there when you're hurt, people playing with bad wrists and those kinds of things. But [Louisville] competed tonight." The 10-1 Catamounts next face off against Clemson on Dec. 22nd.
* In other SEC Basketball action, Ole Miss pulled away late from McNeese State to the final score of 83-67. Mississippi State "upset" UCLA -- "upset" because UCLA is just awful -- by the score of 72-54. LSU came back down 10 points to beat Northwestern State 73-62. Despite a roaring start fueled by Mark Ingram winning the Heisman, Alabama falls to Purdue by the score of 73-65.
* If you haven't watched Mark Ingram tear-filled Heisman acceptance speech, go do so.
* The lucious BTI will be your Blog Daddy today. I know you guys are looking forward to telling him how he's wrong once every 2 hours. He's ready; are you?