After beating South Carolina, Kentucky is only two wins from bowl eligibility. If the Cats knock off Florida and/or LSU, we can start talking about a very special season. For now, the pundits believe Kentucky will go to a mid-tier bowl, with the Texas Bowl entering the conversation.
Here’s a roundup of bowl projections from across the interwebs.
- ESPN’s Mark Schlabach: Duke’s Mayo Bowl vs. North Carolina (Dec. 30, 11:30 a.m., Charlotte, NC)
- ESPN’s Kyle Bonagura: TaxSlayer Gator Bowl vs. Boston College (Dec. 31, 11 a.m., Jacksonville, FL)
- CBS Sports’ Jerry Palm: Music City Bowl vs. Michigan (Dec. 30, 3 p.m., Nashville, TN)
- Brett McMurphy: Texas Bowl vs. Iowa State (Jan. 4, Time TBD, Houston, TX)
- 247 Sports’ Brad Crawford: Texas Bowl vs. Iowa State (Jan. 4, Time TBD, Houston, TX)
- College Football News: Music City Bowl vs. Michigan State (Dec. 30, 3 p.m., Nashville, TN)
Charlotte, Jacksonville, Nashville, or Houston…what’s your pick?
Kentucky Football Bowls in the Stoops Era
Kentucky has been to five straight bowls, a school record. With only two more wins needed, that streak will almost certainly continue. With three consecutive bowl victories, Kentucky is tied with Iowa and Texas A&M for the third-longest active bowl winning streak.
|2016||TaxSlayer Gator Bowl||Jacksonville, FL||Georgia Tech||L, 18-33|
|2017||Music City Bowl||Nashville, TN||Northwestern||L, 23-24|
|2018||Citrus Bowl||Orlando, FL||Penn State||W, 27-24|
|2019||Belk Bowl||Charlotte, NC||Virginia Tech||W, 37-30|
|2020||TaxSlayer Gator Bowl||Jacksonville, FL||NC State||W, 23-21|