[caption id="attachment_177982" align="alignleft" width="1000"]
The Kentucky Wildcats Track and Field teams competed at three events and locations over the weekend to wrap up the regular season. They competed at the University of California-San Diego’s Triton Invitational, the Tom Jones Memorial Invitational in Florida, as well as the Bellarmine Classic. Once again, several Wildcats finished with personal best and record breaking times. Here is a complete breakdown of the weekend:
The University of California-San Diego’s Triton Invitational:
- Rebecca Famurewa won the discus throw with a distance of 181’5’’/55.29m and placed 3rd in the hammer throw with a distance of 208’0.825’’/63.65m.
- Ray Dykstra finished 2nd in the javelin with a distance of 241’0.01’’/73.46, but finished the top collegian.
- Bradley Szypka finished 7th overall in the shot put with a throw of 61.22, but finished as the No. 2 shot putter.
- Adrianna Brown won the shot put with a distance of 50’0.79’’/15.48m.
- Alisha Adair finished 1st in the 400m with a time of 56.49.
Tom Jones Memorial Invitational:
- Kendra Harrison won the 100m hurdles with a time of 12.62, becoming the 6th fastest collegian ever.
The Wildcats will compete next weekend at the Kentucky Relays.