Kentucky will be well-represented in Bloomington, IN next week.
It was announced on Friday that a total of 34 Wildcat track and field athletes — 19 women and 15 men — will participate in the upcoming 2022 NCAA Division I Outdoor Championships East Preliminaries. The event will begin on May 25 and run through May 28.
Kentucky is coming off a solid outing at last weekend’s SEC Championships, particularly on the women’s side, headlined by star senior runner Abby Steiner. The ‘Cats earned 12 total medals, nine coming from the women.
The east preliminaries include the top 48 athletes out of the eastern region, with the top 12 in each event advancing to the NCAA Championships in Eugene, OR. The same rules apply to the west preliminaries, which is being held in Fayetteville, AR.
Below is a full list of the athletes expected to participate for Kentucky, including the events they will hope to qualify for.
- Shadajah Ballard – 100m, 100m hurdles, 4x100m
- Perri Bockrath – 3,000m steeplechase
- Karimah Davis – 200m, 4x100m, 4x400m
- Areti Filipidou – discus
- Sophie Galloway – triple jump
- Jade Gates – hammer throw
- Jenna Gearing – 800m
- Tori Herman – 1,500m, 5,000m
- Alexis Holmes – 400m, 4x400m
- Darci Khan – 100m hurdles
- Molly Leppelmeier – shot put, discus, hammer throw
- Deanna Martin – 800m
- Dajour Miles – 200m, 4x400m
- Megan Moss – 400m, 4x400m
- Masai Russell – 100m hurdles, 400m hurdles, 4x400m
- Jenna Schwinghamer – 800m
- Abby Steiner – 100m, 200m, 4x100m, 4x400m
- Siobhan Szerencsits – pole vault
- Annika Williams – long jump
- Tai Brown – 110m hurdles
- Logan Coles – hammer throw
- Keaton Daniel – pole vault
- Brian Faust – 400m, 4x400m
- Rodney Heath Jr. – 100m, 4x100m
- Lance Lang – 100m, 200m, 4x100m, 4x400m
- Kennedy Lightner – 200m, 4x400m
- Rahman Minor – high jump
- Beck O’Daniel – 400m hurdles
- Matt Peare – pole vault
- Jacob Smith – 200m, 4x400m
- Josh Sobota – shot put, discus
- Robbie Springfield III – long jump
- Dwight St. Hillaire – 400m, 4x100m, 4x400m
- Kenroy Williams – 400m hurdles