KentuckyOne Anywhere Care's Friday Football Practice Notes

KentuckyOne Anywhere Care's Friday Football Practice Notes

Nick Roushover 6 years


Aritcle written by:Nick RoushNick Roush


AnywhereCare_7200_300dpi_600x600_v2 KentuckyOne Health Anywhere Care at home, at the office and everywhere. Anywhere Care is a 24/7 service that lets you see or talk live to a primary care provider by phone or video chat… even from the comfort of your own couch. Click here to learn more or get care now. **** Today the Cats went light with a helmets and shorts practice, in preparation for tomorrow's scrimmage.  Stoops is expecting a big showing from recruits and a plethora of signees in the Class of 2015. Stoops compared this Spring to last Spring, bringing up one word he doesn't use often when describing his team, "consistent."  Excluding a bad day off Spring Break, they've brought it each and every day, "I’ve felt like the guys have been more consistent.  I feel like our work ethic is getting better and our focus is better." If you're looking for a group to focus on tomorrow, he feels that his receivers and defensive backs have taken the biggest strides this offseason.  Garrett Johnson has probably been the most impressive, but he's been dinged up.  Here's to hoping he'll be available tomorrow. [caption id="attachment_177233" align="alignnone" width="600"]Ryan Flannigan (top left) and Big Melvin Lewis (top right) interview/distract A.J. Stamps he best they can during today's interviews. Ryan Flannigan (top left) and Big Melvin Lewis (top right) interview/distract A.J. Stamps the best they can during today's interviews.[/caption]

Richard Sherman Spoke with the Team, A.J. Stamps is Sour he Missed It

My BFF Richard Sherman was in town Wednesday, stopping by to see his old coach, Andy Buh, and speak with the team.  Sherman talked about striving to be as successful off the field as you are on the field. Sherman shared tips on how detailed he breaks down his opponents, doing whatever he can to get an advantage.  D.J. Eliot hopes his DBs will pay attention to the details like the best in the biz.
"He went over all of the things that he looks for on almost each play.  He has certain things that make him a better player, and it’s not that he’s necessarily a great athlete.  He mentioned that he may not be the fastest guy on the field, but he’s going to get the edge anyway he can to make sure that he can cover every single person he goes against."
A.J. Stamps could have learned a thing or two from Sherman, but he couldn't attend because he had tutoring.  They don't allow rain checks or re-scheduling either.

Jason Hatcher is Doubling his Pass Rushing Production

It's hard to simulate sacks in practice, because you can't tackle the quarterback.  Regardless, they still count sacks as a stat.  Last Spring he had 8.  Currently sitting at 13, he hopes to double that production with 3 more tomorrow.

Stoops Doesn't Take it Easy on Marcus McWilson

McWilson had an exceptional second year at strong safety, but you never knew what you were going to get out of him.  Stoops knows he's better than that, because he's known him since he was a kid and refuses to let him underachieve.  "I'm very hard on Marcus," Stoops said. "I expect a lot of him.  He’s got great talent and I just, he needs to keep on going.  If you’re playing good 99 percent of the time, you’re working for the other team (the other 1%)."

Gems like these are done...for now

There's been a mysterious absence in the UK Specialists account since the New Year. Today Landon Foster revealed that nobody remembers the password for the Twitter account.  #SpecialistProbz

Loading comments...