For the first Saturday in 2021, it is not Football Time in the Bluegrass. Kentucky travels to South Carolina to take on the Gamecocks at a nearly sold out Williams-Brice Stadium. Kickoff is at 7 pm ET on ESPN2.
Through the first three games of the season, we’ve seen some great and some not-so-great from the Wildcats. Kentucky has the most explosive passing attack in the SEC with nine pass completions of 20 yards or more. Will Levis’ arm complements Chris Rodriguez’s legs, the SEC’s leading rusher. With all the good, there are bad turnovers. Kentucky has the worst turnover margin (-6) in FBS football and today they’re facing a South Carolina team with more interceptions (6) than any team in the SEC.
Shane Beamer is in year one of a rebuild at South Carolina, but Will Muschamp did not leave the cupboard bare. Kevin Harris was the SEC’s leading rusher in 2020, Josh Vann is one of the SEC’s most explosive pass-catchers and outside linebacker Kingsley Enagbare is a future first round draft pick. The Gamecocks have bought in to Beamer and are playing hard for the rookie head coach.
South Carolina is a formidable foe, but Kentucky has an edge in almost every matchup. To maintain a spot near the top of the SEC East pecking order, the Wildcats must take care of business against the two teams from Columbia. One down, one to go.
- 9:00 — Marty and McGee LIVE from Columbia
- 10:00 — SEC Nation on the SEC Network at South Carolina
- 4:00 — The KSR Pregame Show Kicks Off on 630 WLAP
- 4:45 — Kentucky arrives for the Cat Walk outside of the North End Zone
- 7:00 — Kickoff on ESPN2
Vegas, TV, Radio
The Wildcats 5-point favorites over South Carolina, with a total of 48.5. Kentucky is 3-6-1 ATS in its last 10 road games, but Stoops is 7-1 ATS against South Carolina.
Brian Custer, Kelly Stouffer and Lauren Sisler are on the call for ESPN2. Kickoff is set for 7 pm ET. If you’d rather listen to the Voice of the Wildcats, there are multiple ways to hear today’s game.
- AM: 840 WHAS, 630 WLAP
- FM: 98.1 WBUL
- Satellite: XM-191 and Sirius-136
- Online: iHeart Radio
For the first road game of the year the Wildcats are leaving the blue in Lexington. Kentucky will roll out its best Stormtrooper impression in the clean, all-white uniforms.
We got you covered with plenty of audio entertainment before the Cats kick off in Columbia.
- Pin it Deep: Josh Paschal joins Max and Miles
- KSR Football Podcast
- Free Money with Matt and Drew
- 11 Personnel
- Depth Chart Podcast with Freddie Maggard
One Must-Watch Matchup
There is no doubt today’s game will be decided in the trenches. There’s one matchup in particular that will draw plenty of eyeballs, especially from NFL scouts. The Senior Bowl calls Kingsley Enagbare vs. Darian Kinnard the “Matchup of the Week.” Enagbare is a one-man wrecking crew. If Kinnard can keep pockets clean for Levis and neutralize their top playmaker, it’s going to make life incredibly difficult for the Gamecock defense.
College Football Schedule
- Noon: #12 Notre Dame vs. #18 Wisconsin at Solider Field on Fox
- Noon: LSU at Mississippi State on ESPN
- 12:00: Missouri at Boston College on ESPN2
- Noon: #2 Georgia at Vanderbilt on SEC Network
- Noon: Texas Tech at Texas on ABC
- 3:30: #7 Texas A&M vs. #16 Arkansas at Jerry World on CBS
- 3:30: Rutgers at #19 Michigan on ABC
- 3:40: #14 Iowa State at Baylor on Fox
- 3:30: #9 Clemson at NC State on ESPN
- 3:30: Louisville at Florida State on ESPN2
- 7:00: Tennessee at #11 Florida on ESPN
- 7:00: Nebraska at #20 Michigan State on FS1
- 7:30: West Virginia at #4 Oklahoma on ABC
- 8:00: Indiana at Western Kentucky on CBSSN
- 10:30: Arizona at #3 Oregon on ESPN
KHSAA Football Scores
St. X held on to a first half lead to defeat Trinity 35-28, snapping a three-game losing streak to the rocks in Louisville’s big rivalry game. In Lexington, Xavier Brown rushed for three scores to lead LCA to a 31-14 victory over Pikeville in the Kroger KSR Game of the Week. Other scores from around the state:
- Covington Catholic 31, Cooper 24 (4OT)
- Frederick Douglass 35, Scott County 0
- Apollo 56, McCracken County 49
- Butler County 22, McLean County 20
- Dixie Heights 28, Highlands 21
- Harrison County 42, Boyd County 41 (OT)
- Male 47, Butler 6
- Manual 47, Ballard 14
- Lexington Catholic 38, Tates Creek 13
- DeSales 42, Henry County 14
- Middlesboro 52, Breathitt County 30
- West Carter 26, Shelby Valley 20
- Williamsburg 21, Somerset 14