With Junior Day officially in the books, the Kentucky Football coaching staff went on an offer spree throughout the week. Upwards of 45 different high school players from across the eastern United States picked up scholarships from UK since Saturday, ranging from well-known juniors to up-and-coming freshmen. Prospects from Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, Ohio, and other nearby states, even all the way to Pennsylvania and Louisiana, all received good news from the ‘Cats in recent days.
To help give fans of the Big Blue Nation a better idea of who these recruits are, we’ve listed them below by their graduating class and included some nuggets on a few of the need-to-know names. Let’s dive right in.
Class of 2023
Braxton Myers, CB: 6-1, 190 pounds – Coppell, TX (high-level 4-star)
- Arguably the biggest name of this entire list, Braxton Myers picked up his UK offer on Jan. 18, just one day before the Clemson Tigers extended its own offer. Myers is considered a top 150 prospect in the country and one of the top recruits from the talent-rich state of Texas. His offer sheet includes most of the nation’s best programs. Defensive backs coach Chris Collins is the one who extended the offer for UK.
Jordan Hall, LB: 6-2, 225 pounds – Bradenton, FL (4-star)
- Kentucky re-offered Jordan Hall earlier this week on Jan. 18 after intially doing so back in the spring of 2021. He’s considered a top 250 player in his class and holds offers from the likes of Southern California, Florida, Louisville, Oregon, Wisconsin, and several other big name programs. Coach Collins also extended this offer.
Kelton Smith Jr., IOL: 6-5, 300 pounds – Columbus, GA (4-star)
- Another recruit offered by UK on Jan. 18 is Kelton Smith Jr., who additionally received an offer from Ohio State on Friday morning. He’s considered a top 15 inside offensive lineman in the country with the offer sheet to back it up. Florida State, LSU, Oregon, Ole Miss, Georgia, Michigan State, Michigan, Auburn, and Miami (FL) have all offered on top of UK.
Adam Hopkins, ATH: 5-11, 175 pounds – Thomasville, GA (4-star)
- Kentucky is admittedly getting in a little late on Adam Hopkins’ recruitment, extending an offer on Jan. 21. Hopkins has already taken summer visits to the likes of Ohio State, LSU, and Texas A&M. He also holds offers from schools such as Arkansas and Georgia. Coach Stewart extended the offer on the Wildcats’ behalf.
Yhonzae Pierre, EDGE: 6-2, 220 pounds – Eufala, GA (4-star)
- Despite recently telling On3’s Chad Simmons that Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Penn State, Florida, Michigan State, Georgia Tech, and Florida State are the top schools for him right now, Yhonzae Pierre is now hearing from Kentucky. His offer from the ‘Cats came on Jan. 18.
Darron Reed, DL: 6-5, 260 pounds – Columbus, GA (4-star)
- Considered a top 200 recruit from his class, Darron Reed picked up his UK offer on Jan. 18. Much like Smith Jr., Reed also received a scholarship from Ohio State on Friday morning. Clemson, Auburn, Southern California, and Georgia are involved, as well.
Devan Houstan, DL: 6-5, 270 pounds – Hagerstown, MD (4-star)
- A prospect steadily on the rise, Devan Houstan has made a name for himself to start to 2022. His offer from Kentucky came on Jan. 14 courtesy of defensive line coach Anwar Stewart and offensive line coach Eric Wolford. Houstan has also received offers from the likes of South Carolina, Tennessee, Duke, Rutgers, Northwestern, and Washington all since the new year began.
Ryan Robinson Jr., CB: 5-10, 165 pounds – New Orleans, LA (high-level 3-star)
- One of the top-rated cornerbacks in all of Louisiana is Ryan Robinson Jr., who earned his UK offer on Jan. 19. After an impressive fall season, he also picked up scholarships from the likes of Auburn, Georgia Tech, Colorado, Arkansas, Indiana, and Nebraska. Coach Collins extended the offer for the ‘Cats.
Amare Ferrell, CB: 6-1, 195 pounds – Lake City, FL (high-level 3-star)
- His top 10 from back in the fall didn’t include Kentucky at the time, but after picking up an offer from the ‘Cats on Jan. 19, Amare Ferrell could change that up. He’s already hearing heavily from the likes of Ole Miss, Penn State, Florida State, Tennessee, Cincinnati, and several other Power 5 schools.
Dijon Johnson, CB: 6-0, 180 pounds – Tampa, FL (mid-level 3-star)
- Not even a full day after UK’s Coach Collins offered Dijon Johnson on Jan. 20, the Georgia Bulldogs went out and did the same. Johnson has already drawn interest from the likes of Michigan State, South Carolina, Texas A&M, Michigan, Southern California, Penn State, and Florida State since the winter began.
Patrick Screws Jr., IOL: 6-6, 315 pounds – Eufala, GA (mid-level 3-star)
- Joining his Eufala High School teammate in picking up an offer from UK this past week was Patrick Screws Jr., who receieved his scholarship on Jan. 18 from Coach Wolford. Screws plays along side Yhonzae Pierre, who we mentioned above. Screws has recently earned offers from the likes of Arkansas State, Vanderbilt, Troy, and Georgia Tech while also hearing plenty from Auburn.
Ryan Carretta, OT: 6-4, 305 pounds – Columbus, OH (mid-level 3-star)
- One of several Ohio-based prospects in this post is Ryan Carretta, who was offered by UK associate head coach Vince Marrow on Jan. 20. Carretta has also picked up scholarships from the likes of Central Michigan, Duke, Illinois, Kansas, and Marshall since the fall. Michigan State, Tennessee, and Iowa State have also been on him since the middle of 2021.
Jermaine Mathews, CB: 6-0, 175 pounds – Cincinnati, OH (NR)
Will Smith Jr., DL: 6-3, 245 pounds – Dublin, OH (NR)
Dashawn Womack, EDGE: 6-4, 240 pounds – Baltimore, MD (NR)
CJ Heard, S: 5-11, 190 pounds – Atlanta, GA (NR)
Aidan Mizell, WR: 6-2, 180 pounds – Orlando, FL (NR)
Kamari Burns, DL: 6-4, 245 pounds – Columbus, OH (NR)
Kamron Sandlin, QB: 6-4, 240 pounds – Anniston, AL (NR)
Zachary Tobe, S: 6-1, 175 pounds – Ocoee, FL (NR)
Tyree Weathersby, LB: 6-4, 250 pounds – Douglasville, GA (NR)
Tavion Gadson, DE: 6-4, 265 pounds – Savannah, GA (NR)
Branden Strozier, CB: 6-2, 175 pounds – Alpharetta, GA (NR)
Nigel Glover, LB: 6-3, 200 pounds – Clayton, OH (NR)
Class of 2024
Quinton Martin, ATH: 6-1, 185 pounds – Belle Vernon, PA (high-level 4-star)
- The lone prospect from the state of Pennsylvania on this list, Quinton Martin might have the most upside of them all. He’s ranked No. 12 overall from the class of 2024, per the On3 Consensus, and already holds offers from the likes of Michigan, Notre Dame, Texas, Wisconsin, Penn State, and a few others. Kentucky and defensive backs coach Frank Buffano extended an offer to Martin on Jan. 19.
Landen Thomas, TE: 6-4, 210 pounds – Moultrie, GA (high-level 4-star)
- Considered the top-ranked tight end in the nation from the class of 2024, Landen Thomas received his UK offer from Coach Stewart on Jan. 18 and his since picked up scholarships from Michigan State and Coastal Carolina. Ohio State, Florida, Texas A&M, Auburn, Penn State, Georgia, Arkansas, LSU, and plenty others have already offered him, as well. Thomas is tabbed as a top 25 sophomore in the country.
Tavoy Feagin, CB: 6-0, 165 pounds – Tampa, FL (high-level 4-star)
- Another very highly-rated sophomore is Tavoy Feagin, who is considered a top 50 class of 2024 recruit. He’s been loading up on the offers in just the last svereal days. Coach Collins offered on UK’s behalf on Jan. 15. Since then, Feagin has also received offers from the likes of Texas, Southern California, Michigan State, Cincinnati, Tennessee, and Georgia.
Jonathan Echols, EDGE: 6-6, 220 pounds – Franklin, GA (4-star)
- While there is no relation to former Wildcat cornerback Brandin Echols, Kentucky is still after Jonathan Echols. He received his offer from Coach Stewart and Kentucky on Jan. 20. Echols has also picked up offers from the likes of Penn State, Tennessee, Michigan, Mississippi State, Florida State, Florida, LSU, Georgia, Arkansas, and Ole Miss.
Jac’Qawn McRoy, OT: 6-9, 330 pounds – Fairfield, AL (NR)
- A Fairfield Prep teammate of current Kentucky commit Ja’Kobi Albert, Jac’Qwon McRoy earned his first Divison I offer from the Wildcats, which came on Jan. 19 from Coach Collins and Coach Wolford. Another Kentucky target, Adrian Griffin, is a class of 2023 target for the ‘Cats who also plays at Fairfield.
KJ Jackson, QB: 6-3, 200 pounds – Montgomery, AL (NR)
- Just the third Power 5 scholarship for KJ Jackson, Kentucky offered him on Jan. 17. He’s one of two quarterbacks on this list and has also picked up offers from Penn State and Ole Miss.
Jordan Seaton, IOL: 6-5, 295 pounds – Washington, DC (NR)
Camron Warren, ATH: 6-6, 290 pounds – Baltimore, MD (NR)
Jabari Murphy, WR: 6-2, 195 pounds – Eclectic, AL (NR)
Jewett Hayes III, TE: 6-4, 190 pounds – Cincinnati, OH (NR)
Noah Dixon, 6-0, 170 pounds – Lagrange, GA (NR)
Jayden Lewis, CB: 6-0, 175 pounds – Anniston, AL (NR)
Michael Smith, TE: 6-4, 225 pounds – Savannah, GA (NR)
Dalin Watkins, TE: 6-3, 200 pounds – Clayton, OH (NR)
Myles Graham, LB: 6-1, 200 pounds – Atlanta, GA (NR)
Class of 2025
Elijah Griffin, DL: 6-6, 280 pounds – Savannah, GA
- The first of three high school freshman we’ll talk about is Elijah Griffin, who earned his UK offer from Coach Collins on Jan. 20. Griffin is already an impressive physical specimen at 6-foot-6, 280 pounds, which has earned him early offers from the likes of Central Florida, Coastal Carolina, and Penn State.
Raphael Greene, OT: 6-6, 340 pounds – Cincinnati, OH
- The very first Divison I offer for Raphael Greene came from Coach Marrow and Kentucky on Jan. 19. Greene plays for Winton Woods High School, which has proven to be a small pipeline in recent years for the Wildcat program. Chris Oats and Mike Edwards came to UK through Winton Woods. Kentucky also offered Greene’s Winton Woods teammate, class of 2023 cornerback Jermaine Mathews.
Ousmane Kromah, RB: 5-11, 180 pounds – Leesburg, GA
- The final freshman we’ll talk about on this list might be the one with the most potential. Ousmane Kromah has already hauled in offers from the likes of Tennessee, South Carolina, Michigan State, Auburn, and Florida State. Kentucky decided to get in on the action with its own offer on Jan. 18.
Dorian Brew, WR: 6-2, 175 pounds – Clayton, OH
Jayvon McFadden, IOL: 6-5, 300 pounds – Washington, DC
Josiah Abdullah, ATH: 5-11, 170 pounds – Atlanta, GA