Most people are talking about Rupp Arena's new scoreboard, but there are other changes that will affect your gameday experience even more.
Now every fan that walks through the Rupp Arena doors will have to pass through a metal detector first. For women, they'll have to bring a small handbag. Bags can not be larger than 12” x 6” x 12”. An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at a gate designated for this purpose.
The items you can and can not bring into Rupp Arena include:
- All illegal substances (tobacco products and electronic cigarettes are permitted in the designated smoking area outside of the arena)
- Artificial noisemakers, irritants and laser pointers
- Beach balls
- Cameras with detachable lenses
- Glass, aluminum containers, ice chests and flasks
- Outside food and beverages, including alcoholic beverages
- Poles, extensions or selfie sticks
- Signs larger than 24 inches by 24 inches
- Unmanned aircrafts
- Video or audio recorders
What you can bring into Rupp Arena:
- Cameras — no detachable lenses
- Service animals —as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Personal chairbacks — maximum width 18 inches and cannot have any hard plastic or metal parts or attach to the bleachers in any way
- Strollers — small collapsible style
Here's a video to help you with the changes.