- Offensive Ball-Handler. This guy handles the ball and specializes in points, free throws and shots attempted, but is below average in steals and blocks. Examples include Jason Terry and Tony Parker. Kentucky comparison: Kyle Macy
- Defensive Ball-Handler. This is a defense-minded player who handles the ball and specializes in assists and steals, but is only so-so when it comes to points, free throws and shots. See also: Mike Conley and Kyle Lowry. Kentucky comparison: Rajon Rondo.
- Combo Ball-Handler. These players are adept at both offense and defense but don’t stand out in either category. Examples include Jameer Nelson and John Wall.
- Shooting Ball-Handler. Someone with a knack for scoring, characterized by above-average field goal attempts and points. Stephen Curry and Manu Ginobili are examples. Kentucky comparison: Brandon Knight
- Role-Playing Ball-Handler. These guys play fewer minutes and don’t have as big a statistical impact on the game. Hello, Arron Afflalo and Rudy Fernandez. Kentucky comparison: Jarrod Polson.
- 3-Point Rebounder. Such a player is a ball-handler and big man above average in rebounds and three-pointers, both attempted and made, compared to ball-handlers. Luol Deng and Chase Budinger fit the bill. Kentucky comparison: Darius Miller
- Scoring Rebounder. He grabs the ball frequently and demands attention when on offense. Dirk Nowitzki and LaMarcus Aldridge play this position. Kentucky comparison: Julius Randle
- Paint Protector. A big man like Marcus Camby and Tyson Chandler known for blocking shots and getting rebounds, but also for racking up more fouls than points. Kentucky comparison: Nerlens Noel and Anthony Davis
- Scoring Paint Protector. These players stand out on offense and defense, scoring, rebounding and blocking shots at a very high rate. Examples include Kevin Love and Blake Griffin. Kentucky comparison: Kenny Walker
- NBA 1st-Team. This is a select group of players so far above average in every statistical category that the software simply groups them together regardless of their height or weight. Kevin Durant and LeBron James fall in this category. Kentucky comparison: Jamal Mashburn
- NBA 2nd-Team. Not quite as good, but still really, really good. Rudy Gay and Caron Butler are examples. Kentucky comparison: Chuck Hayes
- Role Player. Slightly less skilled than the 2nd-team guys, and they don’t play many minutes. Guys like Shane Battier and Ronnie Brewer fall under this position. Kentucky comparison: Preseton LeMaster
- One-of-a-Kind. These guys are so good they are off the charts – literally. The software could not connect them to any other player. Derrick Rose and Dwight Howard are examples, but you already knew that. Kentucky comparison: Dan Issel
Kentucky Volleyball opens SEC Play with 3-0 sweep over Missouri
It certainly wasn't their best performance, but No. 7 Kentucky Volleyball came out and swept the Missouri Tigers 3-0 to open SEC play on Friday night. Behind another impressive performance by Azhani Tealer and big plays by seniors Lauren Tharp and...
Kentucky MBB all over 5-star Justin Edwards as his recruitment heats up
One of the biggest risers this summer in the class of 2023, Justin Edwards has had a slew of college programs in and out of Imhotep Charter Institute (PA) throughout recent weeks. One of those regular visitors has been the University of Kentucky...
Kyra Elzy and Kentucky WBB commit Cassidy Rowe continue to build bond
Kyra Elzy, Kentucky's Women's Basketball coach, made a nearly three-hour trip from Lexington to visit one of her incoming players from the class of 2022, Cassidy Rowe, earlier this month. A routine visit at this time of the year for the new HC, and...
Kentucky vs. South Carolina: National Media Predictions
What is the national media saying about Kentucky vs. South Carolina? Actual human beings are going with the Cats, while one computer ranking system, the ESPN Football Power Index, is going with the Gamecocks. Here's a rundown of predictions from...
4-Star Offensive Tackle Aamil Wagner is Buying Kentucky Stock
Kentucky is in prime position to land the services of another one of America's top offensive line prospects. Stonks in the Big Blue Wall are soaring and Aamil Wagner may be the next brick added to Mark Stoops' Kentucky football infrastructure. A...
LOOK: Kentucky will rock all-white uniforms against South Carolina
It'll be a warm evening in Columbia on Saturday night, so Kentucky Football is bringing the ice. The Wildcats will rock an icy all-white uniform combination for tomorrow night's matchup against the South Carolina Gamecocks. Kickoff is scheduled for...
WATCH: Kentucky vs. South Carolina Hype Video
It's been a long week, but we're nearly there. The UK Sports Video staff just dropped the hype video for tomorrow's South Carolina game and it's the perfect way to kick off your weekend. Fair warning, the video includes a little bit of...
PICK 3: Week 4 College Football Picks Against The Spread
Pick 3 is back for another week to give you Kentucky Sports Radio's favorite college football picks against the spread. Pick 3 debuted last week with results we'll chalk up to first-time jitters (a 4-5 record, collectively) but we brought the...