[caption id="attachment_256599" align="alignnone" width="1200"]
Photo: UK Athletics[/caption]
Caught up in the commotion of Kentucky's road victory over Missouri and Reid Travis' injury scare was one Wildcat solidifying his spot in the UK record books.
Following an 8-8 performance from the free throw line against the Tigers, Kentucky guard Tyler Herro has improved his season rate to 92.4 percent overall.
The significance of that number? It pushes Herro all the way up to No. 1 in Kentucky basketball history for the single-season free throw record for individuals with over 50 attempts from the line.
Just a few of the other individuals he's topping? Kyle Macy, Travis Ford, and Jodie Meeks, among others.
Take a look at the all-time single-season free throw list:
[table id=288 /]
With five games remaining in the regular season and postseason play yet to come, just a few misses could push him off the list entirely.
For now, though, Herro's abilities rank him among the list of all-time clutch free throw shooters in UK history.
In other statistics from Kentucky's victory over Missouri...
- Kentucky has won six straight road victories, the longest since the 2014-15 season
- Kentucky is now 240-40 vs. Associated Press unranked competition under John Calipari.
- The Wildcats improved to 176-16 under Calipari when holding the opponent to less than 40-percent shooting, including 12-0 this season
- Kentucky is 167-7 when limiting the opponent to 63 points or fewer under Calipari.
- UK moved to 255-5 all-time under Calipari when leading by at least 10 points in the contest. 85.9 percent of Calipari’s 297 wins at Kentucky have featured a double-digit lead at some point in the game
- The Wildcats have won 12 of their last 13 games. During that 13-game span, UK has...
- Limited the opponents to 38.5 percent from the field.
- Limited the opponents to 31.6 percent from 3-point range.
- Limited the opponents to 60.7 points per game.
- PJ Washington, who finished with a game-high-tying 18 points and eight rebounds, came up two points shy of a 10th 20-point game of the season. He’s scored at least 15 in nine straight, but broke a streak of four-straight 20-plus performances.
- He is averaging 20.7 points and 8.1 boards over the last nine games, 11 straight games in double figures
- Tyler Herro, who finished with 18 points and five rebounds, is averaging a team-high 16.1 points and 4.3 rebounds while shooting 52.3 percent and 43.2 from 3 in Kentucky’s eight road games.
- The Wildcats are now 13-0 when he scores at least 15 points.
- Calipari is now 297-68 at UK, tying Joe B. Hall for the second-most victories by a UK head coach in program history. He trails only Adolph Rupp, who finished his career with 876 wins.
- It took Hall 397 games to get to 297 wins, while Calipari only took 365 games. Rupp did it two games faster than Calipari.
- Calipari has a 742-208 all-time on-court record.