1. Heshimu Evans, Blue TeamTyler: Heshimu Evans may be 42 years old, but he was still playing professional ball as recently as 2013, which is more than 98% of the players on this list can say.
2. Julius Mays, White TeamDrew: I have no idea what Julius Mays is doing these days. I originally thought he was playing pro ball somewhere; turns out, he is not. I'll still gamble on the fact he is in good shape though, considering he is only three years removed from retirement. Plus he shot 39.5 percent from three-point range in Rupp Arena, and the long-ball will decide this game.
3. Cliff Hawkins, Blue TeamTyler: A good team needs a good point guard, and Hawkins is my favorite of the bunch. As far as I can tell, his playing career ended overseas in 2012; here's hoping he can still ball.
4. Ravi Moss, White TeamDrew: I'm getting away with robbery here picking up Moss at No. 4 in the draft. I would've considered him at No. 1 overall had the ping-pong balls bounced my way, and you're telling me he slipped to fourth? What a steal! MVP candidate right here.
5. Shagari Alleyne, Blue TeamTyler: Shagari is in his 30s now, but he's still 7-feet tall and thanks to his salsa career, his footwork is better than ever: https://www.instagram.com/p/BOFiZ-rh-uM/?taken-by=sevenfooter4life
6. Jarrod Polson, White TeamDrew: We're handing the keys over to Polson as our staring point guard. As was the case with Moss, I see this as a steal given the position in the draft. Polson was the top PG on our big board and we got him. Last time I saw him (Fayette Mall food court, couple months ago) he looked to be just as game-ready as he was during the 2014 Final Four run.
7. Perry Stevenson, Blue TeamTyler: If only to see him flex those bones again. https://youtu.be/Da-VkrGle44
8. Bobby Perry, White TeamDrew: Our front office was worried about Perry's focus and commitment to basketball, but we're taking a chance here despite him spending way too much time on the golf course these days. If we can get him to put the sand wedge down, we think he's in good shape for 32 and can still play both forward positions.
9. Jeff Sheppard, Blue TeamTyler: Crap, I really need another guard. I'll take Jeff Sheppard, because even at 42, I bet he's still a pretty good shooter.
10. Andre Riddick, White TeamDrew: SLEEPER PICK! If you're a casual fan, yeah, you're thinking Riddick is old and out of shape because it's been over two decades since he left UK. But do a little research and you'll find Riddick played professionally up until a couple years ago and he is the ULEB Cup's all-time leader for rebounds, steals and blocks. And he's down to throw hands if any of the opposing legends want to mix it up like Rasheed did back in '95. https://youtu.be/oQECNSfpjy0
11. Marquis Estill, Blue TeamTyler: The 6'9" Estill still holds the Kentucky record for field goal shooting percentage (60%). I'll take that any day.
12. Jon Hood, White TeamDrew: Hoody still available at No. 12? No brainer here. He has title experience and he's only been married a couple weeks so he probably hasn't let himself go yet. He could be the Draymond Green of this draft.
13. Lukasz Obrzut, Blue TeamTyler: Woo, just remember it was me that drafted you and not Drew.
[White Team offers remaining four picks for rights to Lukasz Obrzut.] [Trade declined.] [White Team offers remaining four picks and cash considerations for rights to Lukasz Obrzut.] [Trade declined.] [Drew texts Obrzut, begs him to pull a Kobe and refuse to play for Blue Team. White Team then offers remaining four picks plus first picks in 2018, 2019 and 2020 UK legends drafts for rights to Lukasz Obrzut.] [Trade declined.] (First reported by ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski)
14. Jared Prickett, White TeamDrew: We now have the CEO of the KBA, which means we have our own practice facility. It doesn't hurt that he was an All-NCAA Regional and All-SEC Tournament selection, as well as one of the best rebounders in school history.
15. Goose Givens, Blue TeamTyler: Goose is the youngest looking 60-year-old I've ever seen, and my team of giants needs some more scoring.
16. Jared Carter, White TeamDrew: Carter is our counter to Shagari Alleyne and Lukasz Obrzut. Our only concern is we now have three Jared/Jarrods on the team.
17. Kyle Macy, Blue TeamTyler: I'm really digging the 60-year-olds on my squad. Did you see Macy's moves in the Kentucky Bank Tennis Championships last month?
18. Kenny Walker, White TeamDrew: I don't see any Slam Dunk champions on the other team.
19. Dale Brown, Blue TeamTyler: Dale Brown may be approaching 50, but I bet the head coach at Eminence still has some moves.
20. Kevin Grevey, White TeamDrew: Remember, Isaiah Thomas was the last pick in the 2011 NBA draft and he was a finalist for the MVP award this past season.
Which is the better team?
|Cliff Hawkins||Jarrod Polson|
|Jeff Sheppard||Julius Mays|
|Heshimu Evans||Ravi Moss|
|Perry Stevenson||Bobby Perry|
|Shagari Alleyne||Andre Riddick|
|Marquis Estill||Jon Hood|
|Lukasz Obrzut||Jared Prickett|
|Goose Givens||Jared Carter|
|Kyle Macy||Kenny Walker|
|Dale Brown||Kevin Grevey|