COLUMBUS — Ohio State is opening Big Ten play with a bang.
The Buckeyes are hosting Wisconsin for a black-out game in the Horseshoe. They’re playing in the primetime slot on ABC. And they’re a heavy favorite to stay perfect on the season and keep pace in the race for the College Football Playoff to close out September.
Ohio State opened as a 18.5-point favorite over Wisconsin for its Saturday night showdown in Ohio Stadium. The Buckeyes (3-0) have been a double-digit favorite for all their games this season. The Badgers (2-1) are the underdog for the first time this season.
The total is set at 62.5 points, signaling the folks in the desert can see the Buckeyes racking up points with their potent offense.
Coming off a dominant performance against Toledo, Ohio State has plenty of momentum to carry into next week.
“There were a few things there we have to clean up, for sure, going into conference play,” Ohio State coach Ryan Day said. “But certainly if you look at the scoreboard, I mean, we’re proud of what we did.”
Oddsmakers don’t expect as big of a blowout this week, but they do believe the Buckeyes will take care of business against the Badgers in the primetime showdown next weekend.
Ohio State vs. Wisconsin gambling notes, trends
- The Buckeyes are 21-1 straight up as home favorites under Ryan Day
- The Buckeyes are 13-9 against the spread as home favorites in the Ryan Day era
- The Buckeyes are 6-2 against the spread in their last eight games against the Badgers
- Ohio State is 1-2 against the spread this season
- The Buckeyes are 3-5 against the spread in its last eight games
- Wisconsin is 0-5 straight up and against the spread in its last five trips to Ohio State
- Wisconsin is 7-5 against the spread in its last 12 games as an away underdog
- Ohio State is 18-9-1 against the spread in Big Ten play under Ryan Day