USC Trojans head football coach Lincoln Riley has released his official 2022 coaching staff, and here is the release sent out to the media.
LOS ANGELES — New USC football head coach Lincoln Riley has named his full-time assistant coaching staff.
“I am very excited to formally announce our coaching staff,” said Riley. “I truly believe we have put together an elite group of coaches that will help build this football program back to national prominence. They have each been a part of winning programs and have a championship mindset. This staff understands that championship teams have a foundation of culture, and they know what that looks like and how to implement it. They recognize the tradition and expectations of this program and are eager to get to work.
“I’ve said it before, USC belongs at the top of college football, and this coaching staff is going to be instrumental in making that happen. I hope you will join me in welcoming them to the Trojan Family.”
The 10-man staff and their coaching responsibilities:
- Dennis Simmons,assistant head coach, outside wide receivers coach and offensive passing game coordinator, has coached some of the collegiate game’s elite receivers.
- Alex Grinch, defensive coordinator and safeties coach, is regarded as one of the nation’s top defensive coordinators and secondary coaches.
- Josh Henson, offensive coordinator and offensive line coach, has 23 years of coaching experience primarily in the SEC and Big 12 and has been part of a national championship staff.
- Donte Williams, defensive backs coach and defensive passing game coordinator, remains on the USC staff after serving as the Trojans’ interim head coach last season and is considered one of the nation’s top recruiters.
- Roy Manning, outside linebackers coach, nickels coach and assistant head coach for defense, is a former Big Ten and NFL linebacker who has coached in three Power 5 conferences.
- Dave Nichol, inside wide receivers coach and associate head coach for offense, has a long background in the offense that the Trojans will employ.
- Brian Odom, inside linebackers coach and associate head coach for defense, has a dual background in coaching linebackers and sports performance.
- Shaun Nua, defensive line coach, is a former NFL Super Bowl-winning defensive end who has coaching experience in the Pac-12 and Big Ten.
- Kiel McDonald, running backs coach, has tutored some of the Pac-12’s top running backs in recent years.
- Zach Hanson, tight ends coach, is regarded as one of the game’s top young coaches.